+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
If you've spent more than 6 months in a country, even if only cumulatively, you need to provide PCC from that country. Only exception by default is Canada. If you're worried about not getting all certs in time, I think other forum members have said they sent a letter of explanation along with some proof of having applied for the certs (receipts, confirmation messages, etc.) In any case, I don't believe there's any cause for worry. CIC will just send you a message asking you to upload the ones they're missing I think.
Hello @canadaVisa10 Reading these posts offer tremendous insight - so thank you.

I have a question, you mentioned that the VO can request police check papers from countries the PA lived for 6 months cumulatively. Do you mean this could be 2 countries combined, like for example: Germany for 5 months and the UK for 2?

The reason I ask is that my husband has lived in 3 different countries but not more than 6 months. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get the checks done in case they ask?

Thanks for you help :)

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
My wife got the file transfer Thursday,stating that "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Paris for further processing" so now we are expecting AOR2 soon !

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
canadaVisa10, Yeah to be on the safe side I'd better at least apply for PCC from those countries I have lived in the past before the deadline, so that I will have receipts in hand. What I don't get is though, instruction on MyCIC and the letter from CIC does not much. in the PCC request letter it says:

That is, for me only for the USA.
My mistake, @yukkiRN. I do remember CIC changed the requirement this year, so you might be fine with just the US police check. Another poster had said all applicants have the same "multiple" wording in MyCIC. I haven't done it yet, so I can't confirm. And moreover, I do have to provide multiple ones in my case (but not with the new criteria that you've been sent) so we can't know if my case would rule out the possibility that applicants never having lived in more than one country will not have the same "multiple" generic text. Sorry I can't be of more help. If the risk of a month or so delay in case they did expect checks for other countries is not viable for you, I suppose you can just apply for the others. If not, just wait it out to see if they're needed. I certainly would wait. I don't think it would result in any negative decision for the application because the instructions rule out the other countries for you, and frankly I haven't seen cic be that unreasonable, else we'd have heard it from other forum members by now.

Reactions: yukkiRN

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hello @canadaVisa10 Reading these posts offer tremendous insight - so thank you.

I have a question, you mentioned that the VO can request police check papers from countries the PA lived for 6 months cumulatively. Do you mean this could be 2 countries combined, like for example: Germany for 5 months and the UK for 2?

The reason I ask is that my husband has lived in 3 different countries but not more than 6 months. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get the checks done in case they ask?

Thanks for you help :)
Sorry @canuser, I'd forgotten about a recent change in the requirements. The guide says:
When we ask you for police certificates at this stage, you’ll have to submit them for:

the country where you currently live, if you’ve lived there for six months or more; and
the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18
Either way though, the cumulative stay is only ever per country. This is the example in the cic instructions:
For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
medical exam was done by PA on 13th dec, got the medical pass update on gckey today dec 16th

likaagb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I’m october 31st and also haven't received AOR yet. But I have a good feeling this is our week, all we can do is wait and try and be calm about it all. I’ll let you know ASAP, if we receive the email.l!
yes, hopefully we receive AOR this week. I really wanted to call CIC today. :(

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Where are you from? What test were done?
My medical is scheduled on the 26th december.
Pakistan. they do xray, blood test, urine test, they check your eye sight and a general body checkup

Reactions: m.2055

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Just received SA. It was almost 7pm Eastern Standard Time...I was thinking I wouldn't get anything after 5pm ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex54321 and posse