+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
Hi! anyone from Montreal..I've got my AOR last Jan 16,2015 and my ecas has nothing to show just acknowledgement, while I noticed some of the members already in process or transferred their files , is Montreal really slow.. ?
Hi,

I'm from Montreal, applied end of October and my test is scheduled on Wednesday (received the letter +/-10 days ago)

However, my Ecas still shows my file has been transferred to Montreal, no other info then that.
This shows the importance of good old letters.

I would suggest to wait a few days and then call to ask for the status of your file.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
RaphouG said:
Hi,

I'm from Montreal, applied end of October and my test is scheduled on Wednesday (received the letter +/-10 days ago)

However, my Ecas still shows my file has been transferred to Montreal, no other info then that.

I would suggest to wait a few days and then call to ask for the status of your file.

Hi
I applied from montreal in early Aug, file transferred in Dec. still no invite. Did u get ur AOR via email or mail.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RaphouG said:
Hi,

Congrats RaphouG ! look like Montreal office is moving forward !

Did they mention in the letter that you could have your Oath ceremony in the same day ?

samiraa

Sep 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

What is the link to spreadsheet for October 2014 applicants?

Thanks

samiraa

Sep 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, any of October applicants except srinivas.vadapalli done their oaths yet?

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Congrats RaphouG ! look like Montreal office is moving forward !

Did they mention in the letter that you could have your Oath ceremony in the same day ?
Thank you. Yes it does !
No, no Oath ceremony in the same day apparently. Nothing mentioned there.

pbritton101

Jun 25, 2010
Lagos de Moreno
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Passport Req..
19-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2010
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to jump and wish everyone luck. Seems like the system has sped up a little, so fingers crossed for everyone!

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,
My friend sent application from Mississauga in Oct 2 and received a test invite for Mar 19. But the test center is Scarborough. Why would they sent to Scarborough and not Mississauga? Any thoughts?

Can she request to shift the test center to Mississauga? or will it add additional delay?

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,
My friend sent application from Mississauga in Oct 2 and received a test invite for Mar 19. But the test center is Scarborough. Why would they sent to Scarborough and not Mississauga? Any thoughts?

Can she request to shift the test center to Mississauga? or will it add additional delay?
Processing is done case by case. The center with less cases to process at a given time will be given a case file to process to avoid another office from being overwhelmed. Remember they are trying to speed up the process (That's what the extra $$$ is doing for us).

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I believe the Scarborough also is so fast , if you see some Nov. applicant got the test letter recently.

jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
please see my timeline below:-

Local Office: Calgary
Received Date: October 20, 2014
AOR: Dec 22, 2014
IN Process Date: Dec 30, 2014
file transfer to local office, calgary: March 4th, 2015

Can any one from calgary office please tell me if this is normal and routine? And how much more wait am I expecting for the test date, considering the new process?

Thanks guys :)