Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
I just checked E-Cas and it says my test is scheduled for March 24th! I have not received a letter yet and I am part of the Email AOR Group.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
My local office is Vancouver. Interestingly, I received an ATIP report yesterday that was generated on January 27th and it indicated that they had not started processing large portions of my application...so it seems like they did a lot of work over the last month.

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
I am starting to suspect that ATIP request makes them to work harder on the case! who know... any how congrats and good luck in test. You are lucky that you are in Vancouver, I am in Montreal and my case also started processing on Dec 23 but still no news on test.

khowe said:
My local office is Vancouver. Interestingly, I received an ATIP report yesterday that was generated on January 27th and it indicated that they had not started processing large portions of my application...so it seems like they did a lot of work over the last month.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I applied for Citizenship when I was 4 years, 11 months and few days. Is there still a chance to receive RQ in my case? I landed in Canada since 18/08/2009 and became PR same day too. My PR Card expired already. I was absent in Canada for 30 days only.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hi Sriniwas

I got my test and interview on March 16 same at Mississauga Centre. Please could you let me know what doceuments I need to carry with me and also print for interview officer and what can i expect during the test. Could you please send me details of what happened during your test date.

Thanks!
Aimhigher

singh.amank@yahoo.ca

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Single applicant, Montréal.

On the 2015/02/26, received test later (dated 2015/02/25) for the 2015/03/11.

No update on ECAS yet, still showing the following:
1 We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 20, 2014.
2 We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3 We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.
4 Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 21, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
5 Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on February 2, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Good luck to you all !

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
AimHigher1 said:
Hi Sriniwas

I got my test and interview on March 16 same at Mississauga Centre. Please could you let me know what doceuments I need to carry with me and also print for interview officer and what can i expect during the test. Could you please send me details of what happened during your test date.

Thanks!
Aimhigher

singh.amank @ yahoo.ca
I carried the following documents with me. These are must

1. Passports(If you have multiple(expired or active), carry all of them)
2. PR Card
3. Residence Calculator
4. COPR (Landing Paper)
5. Drivers License (if you have it otherwise Ontario Issued ID)
6. Health Card
7. Test Invite (very important)

Good to Carry documents:-

1. Employment Proof Letter
2. T4's or Notice of Assessments
3. CBSA Letter detailing entry and exits from Canada
4. Language Test documents (e.g. IELTS, CLPIP etc)
4. Copies of all the above

Trust this helps. Pls refer to Page 40 of this thread for my test experience.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hello Fellow October applicants and my dear CanadaVisa forum fellows.

I had my oath ceremony today at the Glen Erin Citizenship and Immigration Office in Mississauga at 9 AM today.

Reached the venue at 8:45 am

Was asked to sign page 3 (consent form) that was given after my test (part of the Oath invitation letter) and stand in a line to enter the Oath Ceremony room.

Guests will be asked to sit either to the far left or far right of the room while the applicants will be seated in the middle.

As you enter the room, your invite and PR card needs to be shown to the officer validating your presence at the venue. On successful identification, officer will put in a serial number on your oath invite which is nothing but the seat # that is reserved for you to be seated.

Once everyone is seated, a video will be played about Canada and Canadian heritage. Goosebumps.

After the video, Citizenship administrator / Jr Judge will debrief you on the process of the oath ceremony and what is going to happen through the next 2 hrs.

Once the administrator announces the arrival of judge into the room and says "Rise", everyone must stand up and then follows the Judge into the room after which you will be asked to be seated.

Judge Congratulates everyone for having reached this stage and explains the importance and value of Canadian citizenship with a bit of their own experience of being Canadian Citizens and how they valued it.

Then time for the reciting the Oath of Allegiance to the Queen Elizabeth II, the Queen of Canada.

Then comes the most exciting part, starting the right most first row, names are called and people go in the same order to receive their Citizenship Certificate and a handshake with the Judge and also the Chief Guest which in my case is the MP of the Mississauga East - Cooksville constituency.

While you walk away from the Judge after receiving the citizenship certificate, you walk towards the cic administrator / officer and sign twice on a form (once for acknowledging you haven't been charged with any offense from the time of application to the time of oath and second one reaffirming the oath and allegiance to queen).

While your face glows like a 1000W bulb looking at the citizenship certificate, in comes the moment where the Judge makes everyone chant/sing/hum the Canadian National Anthem "O Canada" followed by a special notes from guest of honor.

Finally the Citizenship Ceremony concludes with the Administrator advising everyone to wait for at least 2 business days before applying for passport(as the data needs to be transferred from CIC Canada to Passport Canada) and not to use the citizenship certificate for a travel document.

Then paves for the way for everyone to take a moment and have pictures with the Judge and Guest of Honor.

It was emotional, exciting and in part mixed feelings moments for me personally as I am now Proudly Canadian Citizen ;D ;D ;D but also feel sad about losing my Indian Citizenship :( :( :(...(well not so much as i know nothing will change in me being an Indo-Canadian except for the fact that i wouldn't have my Indian passport)

Well...Thats my story of being a Canadian Citizen....I wish the rest of the fellow members a speedy processing and a happy ending.

Good luck to each and every one of you.

I am always available to answer any questions for you(within my capacity)

Cheers,
Srini

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Srinivas, it must be a wonderful feeling to have reached the end of your journey.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hello Fellow October applicants and my dear CanadaVisa forum fellows.

I had my oath ceremony today at the Glen Erin Citizenship and Immigration Office in Mississauga at 9 AM today.

Reached the venue at 8:45 am

Was asked to sign page 3 (consent form) that was given after my test (part of the Oath invitation letter) and stand in a line to enter the Oath Ceremony room.

Guests will be asked to sit either to the far left or far right of the room while the applicants will be seated in the middle.

As you enter the room, your invite and PR card needs to be shown to the officer validating your presence at the venue. On successful identification, officer will put in a serial number on your oath invite which is nothing but the seat # that is reserved for you to be seated.

Once everyone is seated, a video will be played about Canada and Canadian heritage. Goosebumps.

After the video, Citizenship administrator / Jr Judge will debrief you on the process of the oath ceremony and what is going to happen through the next 2 hrs.

Once the administrator announces the arrival of judge into the room and says "Rise", everyone must stand up and then follows the Judge into the room after which you will be asked to be seated.

Judge Congratulates everyone for having reached this stage and explains the importance and value of Canadian citizenship with a bit of their own experience of being Canadian Citizens and how they valued it.

Then time for the reciting the Oath of Allegiance to the Queen Elizabeth II, the Queen of Canada.

Then comes the most exciting part, starting the right most first row, names are called and people go in the same order to receive their Citizenship Certificate and a handshake with the Judge and also the Chief Guest which in my case is the MP of the Mississauga East - Cooksville constituency.

While you walk away from the Judge after receiving the citizenship certificate, you walk towards the cic administrator / officer and sign twice on a form (once for acknowledging you haven't been charged with any offense from the time of application to the time of oath and second one reaffirming the oath and allegiance to queen).

While your face glows like a 1000W bulb looking at the citizenship certificate, in comes the moment where the Judge makes everyone chant/sing/hum the Canadian National Anthem "O Canada" followed by a special notes from guest of honor.

Finally the Citizenship Ceremony concludes with the Administrator advising everyone to wait for at least 2 business days before applying for passport(as the data needs to be transferred from CIC Canada to Passport Canada) and not to use the citizenship certificate for a travel document.

Then paves for the way for everyone to take a moment and have pictures with the Judge and Guest of Honor.

It was emotional, exciting and in part mixed feelings moments for me personally as I am now Proudly Canadian Citizen ;D ;D ;D but also feel sad about losing my Indian Citizenship :( :( :(...(well not so much as i know nothing will change in me being an Indo-Canadian except for the fact that i wouldn't have my Indian passport)

Well...Thats my story of being a Canadian Citizen....I wish the rest of the fellow members a speedy processing and a happy ending.

Good luck to each and every one of you.

I am always available to answer any questions for you(within my capacity)

Cheers,
Srini
Congratulations Srinivas. God knows when I will see light at the end of the tunnel.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
garian4u said:
Congratulations Srinivas. God knows when I will see light at the end of the tunnel.
Congrats Sirini!

@Garian4u, only God knows my fiend, i am in the same boat. Still waiting to hear from Scarborough

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
additional documents requested for my spouse turned out to be copies of all pages of her passport. taht's probably because we were international students before getting the PR. They mention the date she first came to Canada (as a student): we need copies of all pages of the passport used to enter Canada on XX/XX/XXXX.
I did not get any requests so far, eCas shows in process with the we started processing...

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Hi Garian,

Did you get Rq from the source office or local office? I mean the date is before sending to local office?

Medigol

quote author=garian4u link=topic=244555.msg4085929#msg4085929 date=1425336872]
[/quote]