+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I have a question, why it takes so long from received to transfer to local office?

drunkhead said:
please see my timeline below:-

Local Office: Calgary
Received Date: October 20, 2014
AOR: Dec 22, 2014
IN Process Date: Dec 30, 2014
file transfer to local office, calgary: March 4th, 2015

Can any one from calgary office please tell me if this is normal and routine? And how much more wait am I expecting for the test date, considering the new process?

Thanks guys :)

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
I have a question, why it takes so long from received to transfer to local office?
Although, it may not be the case for other regions, delays may be due to how fast a local office processes applications. They may have a particular batch of applications to process at a given time and will not accept applications until those numbers are completed to avoid being overwhelmed.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Yup, I guess it's cause calgary is considered one of the slowest office for processing citizenship cases and that's why it took so long. I don't know if we have any one else from October 2014 batch who applied from calgary, just to compare the timeline.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline

Appy received Nov. 27, 2014
Email AOR Jan. 22, 2015

No updates since then. I've seen many people who applied after me and their files are already in process?

Why is my application "on hold"?

RHH

Oct 30, 2014
I received my AOR by email on 15 January 2015 and till now it shows received :( (Montreal app)

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Got my test today in Montreal.

1 hour in and out, interview included.

We were more or less 120.

Did the test in 5min (20/20) and was first to get out, and 5th to have the interview.

As I did a lot of city trips to the US (I like Vermont), I got a lot of questions on this and she spent quite a lot of time in matching my stamps against the Canadian Border record. (missing two, I hope it is alright)

No convocation for oath or any hint about the wait for the next steps.

Best luck to all of you !

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did my test in scarborough today.

In and out within an hour.

Test was easy, first one to come out and second to have the interview.

I had a lot of trips internationally, mainly to the US. The interviewer didn't seem concerned over anything at all. He went over my passport faster than I ever did and approved my case

I prepared a lot of documents: job letter, pay checks, property titles, canadian and US entry exit records, volunteer work records, air tickets. The process never went beyond a simple glance over the passport.

Will wait for the oath letter now.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
hchalz,

Hey wow cool...that also shows that they have internal processes now that in ways perhaps " we cannot see" have improved so that they can be faster assessments more accurately ? something on those lines... My 2 cents.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could be. I had some error on the application form, which he asked me to correct.

Well, things are far easier than what I thought, which is good.

The long journey is almost over.

Good luck to everyone.

us2yow said:
hchalz,

Hey wow cool...that also shows that they have internal processes now that in ways perhaps " we cannot see" have improved so that they can be faster assessments more accurately ? something on those lines... My 2 cents.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the form asked for past 4 years address, and I put the wrong year on the first address I reported. Anyway, no drama at all, he simply asked me for some info to make it look right.

No worries everyone. If your application is honest and accurate, I don't see why they want to waste time on you.

us2yow said:
Great chalz !

may I ask in general terms what error did he ask you to hand-correct ?

BSGPH

Jan 8, 2015
I got my test invitation in the mail today. Here's my timeline:

Citizenship Application:
Send/Rec'd: Oct-15-2014
AOR Rec'd: Jan-08-2015 (Email)
In process: Jan-19-2015
Transfer to Local: Feb-03-2015 (Scarborough)
Test Date: Mar-23-2015

Scarborough office processing is super fast.. Good luck to all..!!

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It only seems that from tomorrow, they don't have as many oath ceremonies available. The oath part is having some backlog there currently.

BSGPH said:
I got my test invitation in the mail today. Here's my timeline:

Citizenship Application:
Send/Rec'd: Oct-15-2014
AOR Rec'd: Jan-08-2015 (Email)
In process: Jan-19-2015
Transfer to Local: Feb-03-2015 (Scarborough)
Test Date: Mar-23-2015

Scarborough office processing is super fast.. Good luck to all..!!

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Also could you see any reason for sending file to different offices , I mean mississauga or scarborough , I saw many people got the RQ from Mississauga not scarborough , is it correct?

Thanks

dav3000 said:
Although, it may not be the case for other regions, delays may be due to how fast a local office processes applications. They may have a particular batch of applications to process at a given time and will not accept applications until those numbers are completed to avoid being overwhelmed.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Also could you see any reason for sending file to different offices , I mean mississauga or scarborough , I saw many people got the RQ from Mississauga not scarborough , is it correct?

Thanks
From what I've seen most RQs if not all are sent to the Scarborough office for processing. Scarborough seems to have the adequate manpower to process RQs, therefore, if someone receives RQ and local office is Mississauga, the Mississauga office sends the submitted docs to Scarborough. Once RQ docs are processed at Scarborough, they are sent back to the person's local office.