+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Martin29 said:
Hi,

I wish to know some information. AOR is all email or still they send postal AOR ?Some people say they got postal AOR and most people say they got email AOR.I also read someone saying we have to opt for email AOR when applying to get AOR by email.Is there any thing we have to do to get a AOR in email.I don't see any such option in the application.They just ask for our email in the application.Is that enough to get email AOR.

I really need AOR in email.

Please advise.

Thank You.
You just need to write your email address in the application and its upto the cic team either to send AOR by mail or by email.
Usually if you have provided your email address, they will send AOR by email but you never know, they can send by mail too.

I am a december 2014 applicant and I received AOR by email as i provided my email address in the application.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
jenny92 said:
Can anyone answer my question?
I will take test coming monday at Scarborough office and I found I need to bring original proof document there as well.
But I have a photocopy of IELTS result because I sent original certificate with application already.
I don't think i have enough time to get new test result before test.
Do you think the photocopy of ielts result could be acceptable?

Thanks for your any advice.
If they already have your original IELTS then thats enough.

You have to take only originals of other photocopies you send.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Everybody
Just a question did anybody who received t he AOR via Email got the test invitation also via Email or it will be by mail

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Oct20 said:
Hi Everybody
Just a question did anybody who received t he AOR via Email got the test invitation also via Email or it will be by mail
Test invitations are always by mail. Do check ecas and physical mailbox for any letters.
Don't rely purely on ecas, sometimes it does not update.

Best way is to check ecas and physical mailbox everyday for any letters/updates.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC. The agent said our papers are all right and the applications are still in process. It may takes weeks or months before they send test invitation. Asked to be patient.

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Test invitations are always by mail. Do check ecas and physical mailbox for any letters.
Don't rely purely on ecas, sometimes it does not update.

Best way is to check ecas and physical mailbox everyday for any letters/updates.

Thanks a lot
I will regularly check them

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Skakeholder said:
Just called CIC. The agent said our papers are all right and the applications are still in process. It may takes weeks or months before they send test invitation. Asked to be patient.

Hi Skakeholder
My time timeline is near yours I advise you with all due respect to the CIC agent to forget about this call
I got The same replay from them when I asked about my file had been received or not ,they told me wait for one month but I got the AOR after within less than 2 weeks
So hopefully you will hear good news very soon. Especially a lot of our October colleagues and even November applicants start to receive the test invitation.

Just a question what is local office?

turnkey

Mar 18, 2015
Application mailed: Sep 08, 2014

eCAS Started Processing Date: 31st Oct

Application in the GTA.

I see that there are quite a few people who have already been assigned an office and appeared for the test. Do i need to panic ?

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 31, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 8, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Now it is March 19 ..no news yet...just want to understand the timelines. any suggestion?

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only one suggestion: take it easy! :)

msc22 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 3, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 31, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 8, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Now it is March 19 ..no news yet...just want to understand the timelines. any suggestion?

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
Dear All,

First sent on October 17th
Returned back due to one error on December 4th
Re sent on Decmber 5th

Aor in February 9th

and now the latest.

Here is my current status

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 12, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

NOW Waiting for the Scarborough office to contact.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
RaphouG said:
Hi,

I'm from Montreal, applied end of October and my test is scheduled on Wednesday (received the letter +/-10 days ago)

However, my Ecas still shows my file has been transferred to Montreal, no other info then that.
This shows the importance of good old letters.

I would suggest to wait a few days and then call to ask for the status of your file.

Congratulation to you!!! Hows was your test , did you got an oath taking right after the test ? seems that pretty fast for you.. I just got my ecas status changed to IN PROCESS dated marh 05.

Thank you..

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
hello everyone!! Just dropping by to say Congratulations to those who got their test and oath taking! Well just checked my ECAS and the status changed to IN PROCESS march 05, bit relieved at least Montreal is moving ... hope everyone one can have the faster processing.. Goodluck to all..!