+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
You mean that the RQ will be processed in the Scarborough? and it does not mean that if one file goes to Mississauga then it will get the RQ? Correct?

dav3000 said:
From what I've seen most RQs if not all are sent to the Scarborough office for processing. Scarborough seems to have the adequate manpower to process RQs, therefore, if someone receives RQ and local office is Mississauga, the Mississauga office sends the submitted docs to Scarborough. Once RQ docs are processed at Scarborough, they are sent back to the person's local office.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
You mean that the RQ will be processed in the Scarborough? and it does not mean that if one file goes to Mississauga then it will get the RQ? Correct?
Yes, Scarborough will process RQ. But, if there are no doubts, one will not receive RQ even if local office is Mississauga.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks

I just called CIC asking about my status since they started processing my family application in 27th November 2014 , they told me that the file is being transferred to Scarborough office and I should expect the test invitation soon

Hope everything will be ok

Thanks

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
do you know how they distribute file between the Scarborough and Mississauga? I see more files on the Mississauga got the RQ?!

dav3000 said:
Yes, Scarborough will process RQ. But, if there are no doubts, one will not receive RQ even if local office is Mississauga.

seeno

Feb 11, 2015
mediGOL said:
do you know how they distribute file between the Scarborough and Mississauga? I see more files on the Mississauga got the RQ?!
Can you imagine that my sister and her son both they live at the same house in Mississauga, they transferee her case to Mississauga office and her son's case to Scarbourough office, I dont understand how do they work and why did they send them to two different offices although they live together and sent their papers at the same time .

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seeno said:
Can you imagine that my sister and her son both they live at the same house in Mississauga, they transferee her case to Mississauga office and her son's case to Scarbourough office, I dont understand how do they work and why did they send them to two different offices although they live together and sent their papers at the same time .
Did they apply as a family or as single applicants?

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seeno said:
They applied as single applicant since her son is 19 years old
Then it does make sense that their applications were sent to different local offices. Applications are done on a case by case basis. Probably Mississauga was at their limit, thus the reason why her son's application was sent to Scarborough

seeno

Feb 11, 2015
dav3000 said:
Then it does make sense that their application were sent to different local offices. Applications are done on a case by case basis. Probably Mississauga was at their limit, thus the reason why her son's application was sent to Scarborough
Could be , thanks

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
BSGPH said:
I got my test invitation in the mail today. Here's my timeline:

Citizenship Application:
Send/Rec'd: Oct-15-2014
AOR Rec'd: Jan-08-2015 (Email)
In process: Jan-19-2015
Transfer to Local: Feb-03-2015 (Scarborough)
Test Date: Mar-23-2015

Scarborough office processing is super fast.. Good luck to all..!!
Hi,

I wish to know some information. AOR is all email or still they send postal AOR ?Some people say they got postal AOR and most people say they got email AOR.I also read someone saying we have to opt for email AOR when applying to get AOR by email.Is there any thing we have to do to get a AOR in email.I don't see any such option in the application.They just ask for our email in the application.Is that enough to get email AOR.

I really need AOR in email.

Please advise.

Thank You.

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone answer my question?
I will take test coming monday at Scarborough office and I found I need to bring original proof document there as well.
But I have a photocopy of IELTS result because I sent original certificate with application already.
I don't think i have enough time to get new test result before test.
Do you think the photocopy of ielts result could be acceptable?

Thanks for your any advice.