+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
There should be a maximum timeframe for everything : AOR, Grants, etc... what is happening for now is that there is a notable mess at CIC and I bet at other public offices too, this is just the tip of the iceberg and someone has to be held accountable for that.
May I please remind you that citizenship is a privilege, not the right, and it is up to the Canadian government and its citizens (not permanent residents!) to decide who and when can become a citizen. As a permanent resident you can't dictate the maximum processing times. This country has accepted you and gave you the possibility to work and live here. It has also given you the average timeframe for processing of your citizenship application which is 25-35 months. The problem would be if you were promised 5 months, and they turned to 25 months of processing. Nobody likes it, but that doesn't give us the right to trash CIC and its employees.

I don't mind reading posts where the applicants say there are no updates, but reading complaints after complaints is just too much. If you don't like it here, just leave the country and go home.

This is my last off-topic post. To conclude - there are no updates on my application either, but I will wait until January 21 to call them, which is three months from the time of my submission.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1, can we stick to the subject ? we are discussing october applicants here...not someone's interpretation of what permanent residency and public service is.

As far as I am concerned, this is HOME, that's why I am requesting citizenship, that's why I am requesting citizenship processing in a timely manner, etc etc... I don't adhere to your definition of citizenship ( which, according to me, goes far beyond a passport and a citizenship certificate...).

Thanks for your understanding

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
ramsfe said:
Stork1, can we stick to the subject ? we are discussing october applicants here...not someone's interpretation of what permanent residency and public service is.

As far as I am concerned, this is HOME, that's why I am requesting citizenship, that's why I am requesting citizenship processing in a timely manner, etc etc... I don't adhere to your definition of citizenship ( which goes far beyond a passport and a citizenship certificate...).

Thanks for your understanding
I agree with Ramsfe.

Stork1, My diplomatic response to you would be: Perhaps wait until 25-35 months before you call them because CIC has indicated that their processing time is 25-35 months for Citizenship. There is no where of mention 3-months. Three months came from this website/forum tracking.

As for being a Citizen/Permanent Residence, I have lived in Canada for the last ten years and still Plan to live here as well -The Country needs me and I love this Country. If you do not criticize a system, there will not be any improvement. I see criticism as a Positive feedback, otherwise there is no freedom of expression and hence democracy. Any ways that was my 2 cents and good luck to you.

Later,

ar2009

Dec 20, 2013
Different people have different opinion. Difference of opinion is neither right or wrong. Let's discuss something else please. Can someone please share what is the current timeline at Mississauga? which applicants are getting their tests now (are they from March/April/May)? how long is it taking to get your turn for testing? I heard the total processing is now quick and it is now 8 to 10 months? thanks..

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
ar2009 said:
Different people have different opinion. Difference of opinion is neither right or wrong. Let's discuss something else please. Can someone please share what is the current timeline at Mississauga? which applicants are getting their tests now (are they from March/April/May)? how long is it taking to get your turn for testing? I heard the total processing is now quick and it is now 8 to 10 months? thanks..
we are not concerned about the test now. we just need our ECas updated and hopefully receive AOR. We will work about test later. Baby steps. Sorry I personally do not know. May be look at April/May 2013 forums.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A person on another thread applied on the 18 th of october and had her application returned roughly a month later.... So chances are that our applications will not get returned ? I don't know... I want my Ecas !!!!!!!!!!!

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stoon1984 said:
looks like 3 November applications are in process... see november thread.

12 November Application are in process. Look at November forum.

Afalina

Mar 8, 2013
ramsfe said:
By the way : who is from montreal ? Maybe it is city related ?
I am from Montreal, but my application was received on October, 30. So it is too early for me to worry :D

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
hey lilua, i still see only 3 in process from Nov applicants unless i am missing something. docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApHR9gzVAMCDdHN4S0xTLUhXOVVWd3F2R3NYbDZaSmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stoon1984 said:
hey lilua, i still see only 3 in process from Nov applicants unless i am missing something. docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApHR9gzVAMCDdHN4S0xTLUhXOVVWd3F2R3NYbDZaSmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
I mean to say that applications which were received on 12 November are in process by this time.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
umm...well, Stork1, we have no updates and this in itself is an update, this also makes october applicants with no updates yet feel that they are not alone in this case.

We also figured that documents received in october by certain people are still not on Ecas, versus those received by others...
Probably this will give you some consolation and hope:

Re: September 2013 Citizenship Application
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2014, 06:22:04 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they finally started processing my application yesterday! It took over three and half months.