+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
they received my application in the second half of september. and so far there has been no updates for me...

ramsfe said:
I just called CIC, no news for me, reportedly, they are opening applications received on the 25th of september...

I'm sure that there is something that we are not understanding, maybe the algorithm they have in their system gets updated onces 80% of the applications received on a certain date are getting processed ?
I'm trying to be rational here...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
they received my application in the second half of september. and so far there has been no updates for me...
that is no good. I have a friend as well whose application was received on Sept 23 or 24 but no updates as well...

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
that is no good. I have a friend as well whose application was received on Sept 23 or 24 but no updates as well...
Question:

Are the applications of Montrealers taking longer to get in process or this is just an impression ?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
oh my, mine was received on one of those days! doug signed it
sept15 said:

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then DOUG is surely EATING OUR APPLICATIONS, this explains why they don't want us to add more documents, Doug only eats up to 20 pages at once :) Wait till you meet Doug 3.0... The new Doug will not only be able to eat up to 50 pages at once, but he will also be able to digest stapples! Indeed, things are moving fast at CIC... !

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
we should fit a regression about the processing time and people received the application. Any idea who is the fastest receiver? I saw someone in Nov. thread got their e-cas update....

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Just a comment about making fun of CIC staff.
I'm 100% sure it is technically possible to map this forum's nicknames to CIC cases based on application delivery & case opening dates and name of a person who received application.
If I had been CIC, I would have done this, especially for those who ask questions which can affect citizenship (in case CIC comes to know extra details mentioned on this forum).

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Kw8Un0NK said:
I'm 100% sure it is technically possible to map this forum's nicknames to CIC cases based on application delivery & case opening dates and name of a person who received application.
If I had been CIC, I would have done this, especially for those who ask questions which can affect citizenship (in case CIC comes to know extra details mentioned on this forum).

。。。。。。。。
i feel so nervous now.......
btw, cic staff, please hurry up with the applications

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kw8Un0NK said:
Freedom of speech rings a bell ?
Nobody is insulting anyone, we are just trying to laugh about a very sad situation that CIC is responsible for. This is not kindergarten and if CIC has time to link forum users to applications, then they surely better spend it to take care of speeding up the process.
With all due respect, I am happy that you are not CIC.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Better safe than sorry.
Not exactly the same, but there was report that someone had to explain discrepancies between his application and facebook account.
I wish I were CIC, then the processing for honest people would have been much faster. For instance, I would have checked how many applications meet RQ criteria before introducing the change in 2012...

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better safe than sorry, that's true... But I didn't come to Canada to live in fear!

So to make some of you more comfortable, what we were trying to say is that we noticed, in the small sample of people that we are, that applications received by Doug Stephens and Mike Conn are taking longer than the applications received by other people. Now how much of a fact this thing is, is another story, and our theory might be irrelevant, but in no way we have to sit there and accept that so much discrepancies are noted between our applications. There should be a maximum timeframe for everything : AOR, Grants, etc... what is happening for now is that there is a notable mess at CIC and I bet at other public offices too, this is just the tip of the iceberg and someone has to be held accountable for that.

If I want to become a citizen of this great country, it is also because I care about its present and its future... my vote, but also my freedom of speech, are going to be my main tools.

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
I totally agree with you guys.

CIC likes to hide under the cozy blanket with a popular brand name "Case to case basis", with no freaking accountability at all. Enjoy vacations, fat salary, bonuses etc and then they realize there is a pile of applications on their desk, that's the time they start eating, tossing, slapping RQ's etc. God know's when there will be definitive max. time frames for each step.

Regards

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we please stick to the subject of this thread? If anyone has an update, please post, otherwise you are just distracting others.
You can also create a thread "long processing times" and complain there. Thank you

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umm...well, Stork1, we have no updates and this in itself is an update, this also makes october applicants with no updates yet feel that they are not alone in this case.

We also figured that documents received in october by certain people are still not on Ecas, versus those received by others...