sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
By the way : who is from montreal ? Maybe it is city related ?
Hey Ramsfe, I did ponder on your question above and did some reading on this website. I know of a applicant whose application was received sept 19 and their status showed 'received and in process' on january 7 (his local office is mine too - SK). Well his application is one good month behind the normal trend and i know SK office is very behind in processing application. My whole point is: If Ecas updates 'received and processing' in one go, then it does depend on your City - Montreal. If Ecas only updates 'receives', then it should not depend on the city... In this case, i should not be able to see anything technically in one month - because of the SK processing trend times.... my 2 cents.

haven't done any searching on Montreal but I am as suing they are faster than SK's...

thanks

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Hey Ramsfe, I did ponder on your question above and did some reading on this website. I know of a applicant whose application was received sept 19 and their status showed 'received and in process' on january 7 (his local office is mine too - SK). Well his application is one good month behind the normal trend and i know SK office is very behind in processing application. My whole point is: If Ecas updates 'received and processing' in one go, then it does depend on your City - Montreal. If Ecas only updates 'receives', then it should not depend on the city... In this case, i should not be able to see anything technically in one month - because of the SK processing trend times.... my 2 cents.

haven't done any searching on Montreal but I am as suing they are faster than SK's...

thanks
I think I just answered my own question. I just checked status of my friend's application (received sept 23, 2013 and lives in the same city where I live)... He just got 'received' and 'in process' Jan 10.

this clearly tells me that SK office is one month behind the normal trend.so it will take 3.5 months for me before i can see anything... they received mine oct 24, 2013... so mid February 2014.... for me..
since i have seen two cases for my city and they are following the same trend, i can say it depends on the city...

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing for me yet! And sept15, the city of origin theory makes sense actually ! Sydney is supposed to help reduce the backlogs by all means, so they return apps, send rq, etc.... And they probably control the flow of applications they send to every local center. If this theory is proven right, then the local office of Montreal must ( logically), have a lot of applications on the line.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As for the call center info, they probably give us the dates of the slowest local offices... So GTA might be well ahead of all other offices, but montreal and SK lag behind... So applications from montreal and sk are probably those that are being used to inform the call center about the apps being processed.

Just a wild guess....

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
As for the call center info, they probably give us the dates of the slowest local offices... So GTA might be well ahead of all other offices, but montreal and SK lag behind... So applications from montreal and sk are probably those that are being used to inform the call center about the apps being processed.

Just a wild guess....
that actually makes sense, that call centre give you the info of the slowest office since they informed me sept 19 last week and we got this update this week/weekend...

have you done research where montreal office is sitting at?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:

Just a wild guess....
hey ramsfe, i found this one for your info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5U1gEsWR9CdEo1OXNzdDlQR3NGV2Z5YlBQZVJMVXc#gid=0

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
that actually makes sense, that call centre give you the info of the slowest office since they informed me sept 19 last week and we got this update this week/weekend...

have you done research where montreal office is sitting at?
Not really, but will look into it !

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuz said:
any idea about Vancouver office?
Hi yuz,
I am from Vancouver and have submitted my application in October. From various timeline tables that I've seen here, Vancouver is very slow in processing applications. It takes at least 20 months from start to finish.
That being said, I totally agree with sept15 and ramsfe that the speed of seeing "received" or "in process" on ecas depends on the local office.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
Hi yuz,
I am from Vancouver and have submitted my application in October. From various timeline tables that I've seen here, Vancouver is very slow in processing applications. It takes at least 20 months from start to finish.
That being said, I totally agree with sept15 and ramsfe that the speed of seeing "received" or "in process" on ecas depends on the local office.
One August 2013 applicant from Vancouver has claimed to have Test request in January. Here is the link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-test-t181089.0.html