+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

Afalina

Mar 8, 2013
ramsfe, did you try to call again?
I will call them at the end of January, when it will be 3 month since they received my application. Btw, although I sent the application via Express post, nobody signed it (so I have nobody to blame for long processing :D. I sent it to PO Box 7000, so did not expect it to be signed anyway.

acanar

Nov 21, 2013
Afalina said:
zzsfx, acanar, congrats!

acanar, what is your local office?
Thanks Afalina! I don't know what is my local office, the letter didn't have that information.
I live in Toronto.
Does anybody know how to find out your local office without calling CIC?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afalina said:
ramsfe, did you try to call again?
I will call them at the end of January, when it will be 3 month since they received my application. Btw, although I sent the application via Express post, nobody signed it (so I have nobody to blame for long processing :D. I sent it to PO Box 7000, so did not expect it to be signed anyway.
hey Afalina, Looks like Vancouver, Montreal and SK processing office are slowest of the slow and hence it is going to take some extra times for us... I have come to conclusion that mine will not get updated until 1-2nd week of February... not sure about the Montreal/Vancouver office though...

this is if: 'Received' and 'In Process' status appear at once...
Cheers

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on the contrary, Montreal is very fast since April 2013. Applicants are being scheduled in 5 to 8 months for the test. I cannot comment on Vancouver or SK.

Windsor is the fastest. applicants are getting the citizenship in 8 months!!! Lucky them

sept15 said:
hey Afalina, Looks like Vancouver, Montreal and SK processing office are slowest of the slow and hence it is going to take some extra times for us... I have come to conclusion that mine will not get updated until 1-2nd week of February... not sure about the Montreal/Vancouver office though...

this is if: 'Received' and 'In Process' status appear at once...
Cheers

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
on the contrary, Montreal is very fast since April 2013. Applicants are being scheduled in 5 to 8 months for the test. I cannot comment on Vancouver or SK.

Windsor is the fastest. applicants are getting the citizenship in 8 months!!! Lucky them
do you have any numbers to show that, farrous.
i know for a fact that SK is racing snails.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sure check the May 2013, June 2013 and July 2013 posts. I am in the May 2013 one. There is a table. The highlighted one is the applicant from Windsor.

sept15 said:
do you have any numbers to show that, farrous.
i know for a fact that SK is racing snails.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5U1gEsWR9CdEo1OXNzdDlQR3NGV2Z5YlBQZVJMVXc

farrous13 said:
sure check the May 2013, June 2013 and July 2013 posts. I am in the May 2013 one. There is a table. The highlighted one is the applicant from Windsor.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
i am looking at your timelines.. yours was received may 27 and in process sept 10 - that is not fast compared to others... are you relatively speaking... theory of relativity, lol

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Check this table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5U1gEsWR9CdEo1OXNzdDlQR3NGV2Z5YlBQZVJMVXc
thanks not bad - kinda like 2-2.5 months... that is not bad at all.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, I got no invitation to the test. Applicants received test dates in Dec and beginning of January. I, on the other hand, was away in Dec and first week of Jan. I notified the CIC. I am not sure if that's the reason for the delay.
According to the table, 5 to 6 months is an average to take the test for applicants who applied in May onwards. talking about Montreal of course.

sept15 said:
thanks not bad - kinda like 2-2.5 months... that is not bad at all.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
In my case, I got no invitation to the test. Applicants received test dates in Dec and beginning of January. I, on the other hand, was away in Dec and first week of Jan. I notified the CIC. I am not sure if that's the reason for the delay.
According to the table, 5 to 6 months is an average to take the test for applicants who applied in May onwards. talking about Montreal of course.
Cool. I have been told and saw that 11 months to write the test once the case is in process is the normal trend in SK. But I did see that, once the test is done for the SK applicants, the rest like oath does not take too long... it falls with in 22-24 months after the application is submitted to complete the entire application...

in any case, good luck to you.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh wow! Thanks lilua for sharing the link, it brings some hope. I read a thread on this forum from Vancouver applicants where most of them had their test scheduled in about 18 months and then they waited another 3 months for the oath. I'll post a link if i find it.

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have received my AOR today in mail.