+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

acanar

Nov 21, 2013
ramsfe said:
This can be either a Document request, an additional information request or a complete RQ... you will only know once you receive it!
Thanks ramsfe, my only option is to wait till it arrives then. :)

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
lilua said:
But some people from my area appeard test at Mississauga recently.
Yes, you are right. One of my friend lived in Markham, took test at Mississauga office 2 wks ago. But the Oath ceremony was held at Etobicoke office yesterday.

MontToron

Jan 17, 2014
Dear All,

Sorry for intruding in this Sept 2013 applicants group.

I intend to send my application by the end of January or early February, 2014. However, I am also planning to go work in US after I submit my application.

I currently reside in Montreal. My questions are regarding how to manage this process. I can share the few possibilities that come to my mind given my situation.

1) I can write my home address as my current address and write the office address of a colleague (where he receives his mail) as the corresponding address. Later on, if I move to US, I can update my current address, leaving the correspondence address unchanged.

2) I can write my home address as my current address and write the home address of someone I know. Again, if I move to US, I can update my current address, leaving the correspondence address unchanged.

3) I can write my home address as my current address and write the home address of my uncle who lives in Milton (keep in mind that in this case, my current address will be in Montreal, Quebec and correspondence address will be in Milton, Ontario). And, I can change the current address if I move to US.

I will appreciate your word on the importance of changing the current address if I move to US. What if the current address is not updated at all. I am a bit worried they might take it as cheating, or otherwise, might send correspondence to my current address (I was told that someone in a forum mentioned this thing happening - haven't seen it myself though).

Many thanks in advance !

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MontToron said:
Dear All,

Sorry for intruding in this Sept 2013 applicants group.

I intend to send my application by the end of January or early February, 2014. However, I am also planning to go work in US after I submit my application.

I currently reside in Montreal. My questions are regarding how to manage this process. I can share the few possibilities that come to my mind given my situation.

1) I can write my home address as my current address and write the office address of a colleague (where he receives his mail) as the corresponding address. Later on, if I move to US, I can update my current address, leaving the correspondence address unchanged.

2) I can write my home address as my current address and write the home address of someone I know. Again, if I move to US, I can update my current address, leaving the correspondence address unchanged.

3) I can write my home address as my current address and write the home address of my uncle who lives in Milton (keep in mind that in this case, my current address will be in Montreal, Quebec and correspondence address will be in Milton, Ontario). And, I can change the current address if I move to US.

I will appreciate your word on the importance of changing the current address if I move to US. What if the current address is not updated at all. I am a bit worried they might take it as cheating, or otherwise, might send correspondence to my current address (I was told that someone in a forum mentioned this thing happening - haven't seen it myself though).

Many thanks in advance !
I have seen they usually send correspondences to Home Address.Difference in Correspondence and Home address may also raise their eyebrow.If you change the home address with a foreign address (US in your case) you may invite a possible RQ.However,it all depends on the CIC, how they see it.

Good luck.

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you hire a representative, you can mention his address as mailing address. In this case CIC is obliged to send all correspondence to the representative.
I have however seen in practice, that CIC contacted the client directly eventhough he had a representative. Not sure whether this information helps you.

ar2009

Dec 20, 2013
Hi All,

I have not yet received the book/letter. Just checked online status, the 'received' line is gown. What does it mean? also, what do you think my local office would be? (i live in Brampton).

Any ideas?
thanks,

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar2009 said:
Hi All,

I have not yet received the book/letter. Just checked online status, the 'received' line is gown. What does it mean? also, what do you think my local office would be? (i live in Brampton).

Any ideas?
thanks,
'Received' line gone means you file is now in Local Office.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessarily. My received link disappeared a while back (November I believe). But my application was transferred Jan 09-2014. It has nothing to do with the transfer. I understand that everyone is very anxious to get an update. Give it couple of weeks and call CIC, see what they say. :)

lilua said:
'Received' line gone means you file is now in Local Office.