+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called to the Call Centre today who confirmed me that my file is now with Scarborough Local Office.Background checking is going on.Finger crossed.

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
lilua said:
I called to the Call Centre today who confirmed me that my file is now with Scarborough Local Office.Background checking is going on.Finger crossed.
Did they tell you then your file get transfer?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow that's fast. :D

lilua said:

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zzsfx said:
Did they tell you then your file get transfer?
Yes the person dealing with me seemed very professional.He told me about some info in my file like my Home Address and Telephone number and told that the file is now with Scarborough Office undergoing background checking.He also told the current time line is 25 months.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
color=red]current time line is 25 months.[/color][/b]
Standard thing to say. They can't say otherwise or else it would contradict what is mentioned on the website to millions of people. But for sure it's way less.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Octoberers ;)

Don't forget that when they say " current timelines", they mean the time it took to process 80% of the applications in the past year ( or even over a year), so this information gives no indication whatsoever on today's applications, especially with all the structural changes CIC is going through.

As for me, nothing shows on Ecas yet, last time I called CIC, they informed me that they were processing applications received up to october 3rd.

I expect to get some news at the begining of february.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Dear Octoberers ;)

Don't forget that when they say " current timelines", they mean the time it took to process 80% of the applications in the past year ( or even over a year), so this information gives no indication whatsoever on today's applications, especially with all the structural changes CIC is going through.

As for me, nothing shows on Ecas yet, last time I called CIC, they informed me that they were processing applications received up to october 3rd.

I expect to get some news at the begining of february.
Why don't you give them your client ID; they will give you the exact information about your file. AS I talked they have access to our individual file and can give you specific info.

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
lilua said:
Yes the person dealing with me seemed very professional.He told me about some info in my file like my Home Address and Telephone number and told that the file is now with Scarborough Office undergoing background checking.He also told the current time line is 25 months.

Thank you for the info. I believe that the processing time will be less than 25 month at STC.

Good luck.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilua said:
Why don't you give them your client ID; they will give you the exact information about your file. AS I talked they have access to our individual file and can give you specific info.
Oh, i did, but as long as the file is not "in process" they don't know much....
when call center knows, it is because E-cas is going to get updated in the following hours....

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Sorry, what do you mean by the above?
What I mean is that sometimes, the database used by the Call center is updated before E-cas... but usually it is just a few hours or days before E-cas gets updated and reflects the reality. In my case, the call center can't see my application yet....

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
patience is virtue. are you from the west coast?

ramsfe said:
What I mean is that sometimes, the database used by the Call center is updated before E-cas... but usually it is just a few hours or days before E-cas gets updated and reflects the reality. In my case, the call center can't see my application yet....

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm a new member. E-cas just updated my case today. They received my application on October 8, 2013 and send the letter with the book same day. They started processing my case on January 15, 2014. Long way to go :). I hope my info might be helpful for the other members.

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
tnangers said:
Hi all,

I'm a new member. E-cas just updated my case today. They received my application on October 8, 2013 and send the letter with the book same day. They started processing my case on January 15, 2013. Long way to go :). I hope my info might be helpful for the other members.
Welcome..

you can add your case here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aisx2STwTHA7dC1BR1lCa2R5ckFCZFk3d1dzZVQwbVE&usp=sharing#gid=0