+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
You have no idea what you are talking about most of October applicants got Aor, only few didn’t get it. We are not sending 1000 applications. I waited 3 months and specified in the cover letter if in the mean time the original was found to disregard the second one, at the end of the day we are dealing with adults here that get paid to do their job not some kids trying to prove something.
Also a lot of cic agent are immigrants and probably went through all this too ..
I dont think you should have re-sent. Its just a delay because of the number of applications. But its your personal decision and I respect that. I dont think it should be a major issue though. Good thing that you have put a cover letter.

I am positive that all those who have re-applied will get their AORs for the 1st applications. Keep us posted on the progress. I am curious to know what happens. All the best to you guys.

bonvoyage

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Well my perspective is like this; if I am CIC officer and I am seeing multiple applications in the short period of time ( up to 3 months or so), I would be tremendously pissed off and put those ones to wait triple more time to learn the lesson.
Very clever, to make long process even longer.
Thanks guys so much.
First thing why the hell are you posting in this thread to create that much sound in here.

How impatient oct applicatants should be when they have NO AOR and the others getting test dates and oath.

I have seen in other pages where you mentioned to be impatient being a November end applicant, do you what goes on with others

CIC agents have informed many applicants to re-apply, are you a CIC rep who knows much about the processing

And the page subject itself says its for the otcober appicant who have reapplied. Kindly, please stay out of this page

Reactions: Kenny232 and rasmy

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I dont think you should have re-sent. Its just a delay because of the number of applications. But its your personal decision and I respect that. I dont think it should be a major issue though. Good thing that you have put a cover letter.

I am positive that all those who have re-applied will get their AORs for the 1st applications. Keep us posted on the progress. I am curious to know what happens. All the best to you guys.
Forsure i will keep you guys posted. The only reason why I sent a second application is because even the cic agent implied to send a new one .. so we shall see

Manos

Dec 12, 2017
You have no idea what you are talking about most of October applicants got Aor, only few didn’t get it. We are not sending 1000 applications. I waited 3 months and specified in the cover letter if in the mean time the original was found to disregard the second one, at the end of the day we are dealing with adults here that get paid to do their job not some kids trying to prove something.
Also a lot of cic agent are immigrants and probably went through all this too ..
im in the same loop, no aor and i sent my application on 20th oct. the cic agent yesterday told me to reapply, simply. he checked the receipt number and told me my application most probably returned to me. i ll follow his instructions.

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
Hi guys. My application was received by the Sydney office on Oct 16th last year. To date, no AOR or returned application. I talked to CIC agent couple of days ago: no information of my file in the system and apparently they are now processing last week of 2017 November applications. So, agent guessed that my application was probably incomplete and was returned to me but probably lost on its way back to me. I wouldn't be surprised if bunch of October 2017 applications were lost. Agent told me to reapply and I've sent in another application yesterday with a cover letter explaining my situation. I encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: Manos

skander75

Jul 14, 2017

It would mean that IRCC is opening the letters in random order. How can applications received in November and December be opened before applications received in October? It doesn't make any sense.

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
Hi guys. My application was received by the Sydney office on Oct 16th last year. To date, no AOR or returned application. I talked to CIC agent couple of days ago: no information of my file in the system and apparently they are now processing last week of 2017 November applications. So, agent guessed that my application was probably incomplete and was returned to me but probably lost on its way back to me. I wouldn't be surprised if bunch of October 2017 applications were lost. Agent told me to reapply and I've sent in another application yesterday with a cover letter explaining my situation. I encourage others to do the same.
That could be an explanation but then how do you know what was missing in the original application?

Also do we know if anybody who got his application returned for any reason? It would be interesting to know because maybe they are having some issues with the return process (e.g. the applications to be returned might be waiting somewhere).

Last edited:

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
That could be an explanation but then how do you know what was missing in the original application?
Well you don't. I think the agent said that because he didn't want to admit that IRCC lost it. If they indeed sent it back to me, I think I should have the returned application by now. The agent did sympathize with me and said there wasn't a point to waiting anymore if I still wanted to get my Canadian citizenship so I just reapplied.

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
Well you don't. I think the agent said that because he didn't want to admit that IRCC lost it. If they indeed sent it back to me, I think I should have the returned application by now. The agent did sympathize with me and said there wasn't a point to waiting anymore if I still wanted to get my Canadian citizenship so I just reapplied.
He told me the same thing. 3 months seems to be the limit before you can reasonably reapply.

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
It would mean that IRCC is opening the letters in random order. How can applications received in November and December be opened before applications received in October? It doesn't make any sense.
Hi. Skander75.
Unfortunately, I think that is the way IRCC is doing things. I guess due to the number of applications, they are not really doing things in chronological order. I had this experience before when I applied for my PR.

Hopefully better luck to all of us who are resending the application.

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
Hi. Skander75.
Unfortunately, I think that is the way IRCC is doing things. I guess due to the number of applications, they are not really doing things in chronological order. I had this experience before when I applied for my PR.

Hopefully better luck to all of us who are resending the application.
There isn't much more that we can do at this point other than reapply.

Good luck to you as well.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
there was a user who reapplied with the same old form and explenation letter and got the AOR the same day the application got delivered .i was wondering if you can let us know what day does the ecas says application recieved ?anyone re-applied and got aor can share aswell please.thankyou

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
there was a user who reapplied with the same old form and explenation letter and got the AOR the same day the application got delivered .i was wondering if you can let us know what day does the ecas says application recieved ?anyone re-applied and got aor can share aswell please.thankyou
I have a hard time believing that you can get AOR the same day your application gets delivered. But I guess with IRCC anything is possible.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Then how do you explain someone from October receiving AOR now?