+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As some of you called IRCC and are advised to reapply, I created this thread for those who have decided to do so. Please share your experience with respect to reapplication. Thanks.

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
As some of you called IRCC and are advised to reapply, I created this thread for those who have decided to do so. Please share your experience with respect to reapplication. Thanks.
I sent two applications with same fee receipt. First one was delivered on October 16 and then I realized I answered No instead of Yes to one of the questions in the form. I corrected that mistake and sent again which was delivered on October 18. First one was delivered by Canada Post and second one was delivered by Purolator. As of now I have not even heard on both applications. My both apps are good no mistake i kept photos of both.
I do not think they will return my application or have lost both i hope that not the case. If agents told you to reapply i will say go ahead and send another application there is no harm in it. I am sure you will get aor for your October 13 app it is just matter of time

sephiroth

Oct 11, 2017
i don't think Reapplying will be the fast/correct way to get the delayed AOR. according to the shared spread sheet data, still the AOR rate is 57%. I better wait to reduce the confuse for them. agreed to citizenship2017's comment. it's just matter of time.

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
As many of called IRCC and agents told us there is nothing entered in the system. I will share my experience when I sponsored my wife in September. When I didn't receive AOR for my sponsorship application I called CIC and agents told me same thing nothing entered in the system and he gave me reason because they have not opened the package yet. You know what happened very next day I got AOR. These agents don't have accurate information. Call centre agents don't have direct communication with visa officers working on our apps. They don't have clue which visa officer working on what dates. One week they told us they are working on October 12 and next week they moved to October 19. We all know they received thousands of apps in my guess different visa officers working on different dates. This is my guess

Reactions: jeuniii

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I think its advisable to wait. No matter what a little fraction gets thier application lost. You all need to be patient besides call centre gives some of the worst advice as they are not officers. Be patient. First everyone sent thier application oct 11. Logically there is a big queue and lots of lag because the application must have been up to 100,000 people.
Your AOR will come give it time
Be patient

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I believe a second application only confuses things and might even prologue it. Just be patient and wait.

Reactions: spyfy

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Wait so you are suggesting that the solution to the problem that application processing is delayed due to large amounts is to send even more applications to IRCC?

That's like being at a very busy restaurant and you are waiting for your steak. It hasn't arrived yet and your solution is "let's order another entree".

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Also, and this can't be said often enough:

If you haven't received AOR yet, there is a probability of 100% that there is "nothing in their system".
The whole point of AOR is that your application is added to the system.

So yes, until your received AOR, there is no point in calling the call center at all. They will not be able to identify your application. They will not even know where it is. It is in some pile.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Wait so you are suggesting that the solution to the problem that application processing is delayed due to large amounts is to send even more applications to IRCC?

That's like being at a very busy restaurant and you are waiting for your steak. It hasn't arrived yet and your solution is "let's order another entree".
Some m0r0n IRCC call center agent advised some of the folks here to re-apply because the agent believes if they haven't received AOR yet, it means their application was lost. That's what lead to all this panic and re-application talk.

Reactions: pepe84

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Some m0r0n IRCC call center agent advised some of the folks here to re-apply because the agent believes if they haven't received AOR yet, it means their application was lost. That's what lead to all this panic and re-application talk.
Omg. Sometimes I wonder if these call centre agents receive any training at all.

Reactions: LAURA lARRAD

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very likely that IRCC lost many packages and doesn't want to admit it. That's why they tell the call center agents to say so.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
It is very likely that IRCC lost many packages and doesn't want to admit it. That's why they tell the call center agents to say so.
I know it sucks and feels bad, but I think this is the Internet random base-less info and speculation paranoia you are experiencing. I would just give it 2 more weeks and then call or re-apply.

I have 3 friends who sent their apps on 12th (Not sure when delivered) and none got confirmation yet.

Reactions: lpc19800

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know it sucks and feels bad, but I think this is the Internet random base-less info and speculation paranoia you are experiencing. I would just give it 2 more weeks and then call or re-apply.

I have 3 friends who sent their apps on 12th (Not sure when delivered) and none got confirmation yet.
Don't think IRCC is stupid enough to train the agents to say that, which will cause trouble for itself by receiving multiple application. Must be sth hidden and don't want to tell.