+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
App delivered on 25 Oct and I’m waiting for AOR too. It’s got beyond frustrating at this point. With regards to reapplying, do I just use the old receipt? That one is more than 100 days old so i’m concerned that if I use that to re-apply they’ll just return my application by saying that the receipt is expired (I believe it expires 90 days after payment). So do I cough up another $600 or so and make another payment to reapply? If so, would the refund the amount I paid for the original application?
Does it say somewhere that the payment expires 90 days after payment? If so that is absurd if they think people reapplying would cough up another $630!

I was told by the agent to just use the old receipt. I guess we will see.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Does it say somewhere that the payment expires 90 days after payment? If so that is absurd if they think people reapplying would cough up another $630!

I was told by the agent to just use the old receipt. I guess we will see.
Nowehere does it say that the payment receipt expires in 90 days, or even when it expires, if it does at all.

What it says is the following (from the guide):
Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future).

Reactions: SpiceIsland

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
App delivered on 25 Oct and I’m waiting for AOR too. It’s got beyond frustrating at this point. With regards to reapplying, do I just use the old receipt? That one is more than 100 days old so i’m concerned that if I use that to re-apply they’ll just return my application by saying that the receipt is expired (I believe it expires 90 days after payment). So do I cough up another $600 or so and make another payment to reapply? If so, would the refund the amount I paid for the original application?
if the payment hasnt been used then it shudnt matter wether its expired or not because the payment has been already taken.i believe the payment does have expiry aswell.when i sent my second application everything was the same old documents and explanation letter thats what i guess everyone else did.just incase if they open our first application before the second one then there wont be a confusion when they open the second file..thats my suggestion rest is up to you what you feel is better.

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
Same,
Delivered OCT 25
no AOR
I have everything ready I and will reapply. My deadline is FEB 01
I will write down in the cover letter that I did apply already, they will understand after 100 days who doesn't.
I did contact:
the call center - Result: useless
the MP - Result: useless
The web form - Result: less than useless
Sending a mail to the Sydney NS office: Result: No news

I am not frustrating, I am not in rush, this is my home, but I also feel like the time to reapply has come. I think it will help out anyway being out of the big OCT mass.

They will understand to see my application again if they end up to open the old one.

good luck to everyone.

I just called the call center. According to the officer, I will get my AOR before Feb 2. If I don't, I should call again and they will take further actions (I don't know what he meant). So I am gonna wait until then.
Also I explained him that I will be away for a month, and he recommend, once I have my AOR, call CIC and tell them when I won't be in Canada, so they will be aware from my test date. Good to know

Good luck!!

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
Nowehere does it say that the payment receipt expires in 90 days, or even when it expires, if it does at all.

What it says is the following (from the guide):
Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future).
I just called the call center. According to the officer, I will get my AOR before Feb 2. If I don't, I should call again and they will take further actions (I don't know what he meant). So I am gonna wait until then.
Also I explained him that I will be away for a month, and he recommend, once I have my AOR, call CIC and tell them when I won't be in Canada, so they will be aware from my test date. Good to know

Good luck!!
That's great! Were they at least able to find you in the system?

lofoten82

Oct 15, 2017
I will reapply but I did update all the forms, like tax year (2018 now) address physical presence calculator, eligible time and so on...
I do not feel comfortable reprint all and resent as it was more than 100 days ago and even more back to another year...

rugbyman

Sep 10, 2014
No, in fact they had my old address. But the officer was very convinced when I will get the AOR.

Well. I hope you get the AOR on Feb 2nd.
Reading your post, I was hoping that I would get my AOR next week as well.

When I called in a couple of weeks ago, the agent only had my old info that I used when I applied for PR (e.g. address, phone number, etc.) He didn't have my new address or phone number I provided on my citizenship application that I submitted back in October 2017 and said there was no record of my citizenship application in the system.

I wondered if agent was just giving you a standard answer he has been giving to people who applied back in October and hasn't received AOR yet or maybe they found the lost batch of October applications and will be processing them next week!

Anyhow, good luck to you and let us know if you do receive AOR.

Reactions: nivola

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Same,
Delivered OCT 25
no AOR
I have everything ready I and will reapply. My deadline is FEB 01
I will write down in the cover letter that I did apply already, they will understand after 100 days who doesn't.
I did contact:
the call center - Result: useless
the MP - Result: useless
The web form - Result: less than useless
Sending a mail to the Sydney NS office: Result: No news

I am not frustrating, I am not in rush, this is my home, but I also feel like the time to reapply has come. I think it will help out anyway being out of the big OCT mass.

They will understand to see my application again if they end up to open the old one.

good luck to everyone.

How come MP was useless? I also contacted my MP, he received reply from IRCC that they dont have my file, i told MP that i have a tracking number and it was received by Mike, MP contacted IRCC again, in 3 days IRCC informed him that they indeed received the application. MP Told IRCC to explain in 10 days that why applicant haven't received receipt even after 8 week

I received AOR 2 days later.

Unless IRCC admit that they have lost your file. Then its a different case. But tracking number includes the signature of a person who received it, convey that name to your MP.

Thanks

lofoten82

Oct 15, 2017

Good luck!!
I just called them, yes, they have confirmed the same.
There is still a hope. he said by next Friday they will clear all OCT. That's what he said Who knows but he sounded pretty knowledgeable

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
I just called them, yes, they have confirmed the same.
There is still a hope. he said by next Friday they will clear all OCT. That's what he said Who knows but he sounded pretty knowledgeable
Oh I am glad that they told you the same. At least it looks consistent. I hope all Oct application will get our AOR by next week, it's about time.

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Oh I am glad that they told you the same. At least it looks consistent. I hope all Oct application will get our AOR by next week, it's about time.
I got hopeless and sent a new application. Just got delivered today. I put a Cover Letter explaining the situation. Hopefully they will understand if they send me AOR for the first application and then open the second one.

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
same here as everyone ,
my application delivered on 20th oct and No Aor ...
i will wait until 9th feb thn i will re-apply again with cover letter ...

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
I contacted my MP office and IRCC re-confirmed that my application cannot be found so guess I will have to apply again...

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, guys, this is forum and anybody can comment anywhere!!!
I said before I received my AOR, don't panic you will receive your AOR, no need to reapply.
But people are calling CIC, giving them some time constraints. I am laughing when I read here, I will give them time till XY date. And then what? What will be? What will you do? Earth will not stop moving for sure.
And what one CIC officer to tell you on the phone, then to reapply? He/she has to show you the maximum level of understanding of your situation.
Up till now you should be integrated into their system and know how the system works.
For the efficiency purposes, they have to say that they are working on December applications in January, so the news will not say blockage in the system, although in reality, they did not finish October applicants.
So just sit and wait, no need for reapplying, no need to call CIC whole day long. How one application can be lost, please explain!!!
I know also I will wait for IP process long, what to do?