+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct applicants no AOR and reapply

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
Then how do you explain someone from October receiving AOR now?
You might be right. I just can't find any valid explanation as to why some December applications are opened before they even finish opening October applications.
The process should be pretty simple: just sort the applications by the day you received them and each agent can take a new application from the earliest unopened application whenever they finish verifying the previous one.
I can understand that there might be delays after the initial opening and verification depending on your case and the center processing them but for the AOR it should be pretty straightforward.

Anyway, that's how it is and we have to deal with it.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Not going to judge you whether you reapplied or not, I even agree with you that it is a personal decision and no one should be telling you what to do. Personally though, I (a Oct 16 applicant who has not received AOR) will not reapply until late January, 2018 because obviously applications from October are still being processed each and everyday.
Just a request though, let me know once you have reapplied and when you receive AOR.
I think this is the rational thing to do, I am Oct 16 applicant. Here is my story so far:

1) I applied on Oct 12, application received Oct 16, signed by Ryan the culprit :) and no AOR yet
2) I contacted IRCC multiples times, I received the same response "no trace of your application". I believe that people over there replying to emails or picking up the phone have no authority to tell you what to do, so anything they say should not be taken for granted.
3) I contacted MP, waiting for a response still.

At this stage, I frankly don't know what I should do except being patient. Perhaps CIC will issue a statement asking people to re-apply in case they didn't hear back, or maybe my application was rejected and is somewhere with Canada post.

I don't believe however that CIC lost massive applications, probably a disorganization is taking place due to the high number of applications they received.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I am oct 13 applicant still waiting for AOR. Two other people in same position got AOR last week, now only me and one another person who applied on oct 13remains. I hope till the end of this month all October applicants will get AORs.

pretoria11

Mar 6, 2014
I think this is the rational thing to do, I am Oct 16 applicant. Here is my story so far:

1) I applied on Oct 12, application received Oct 16, signed by Ryan the culprit :) and no AOR yet
2) I contacted IRCC multiples times, I received the same response "no trace of your application". I believe that people over there replying to emails or picking up the phone have no authority to tell you what to do, so anything they say should not be taken for granted.
3) I contacted MP, waiting for a response still.

At this stage, I frankly don't know what I should do except being patient. Perhaps CIC will issue a statement asking people to re-apply in case they didn't hear back, or maybe my application was rejected and is somewhere with Canada post.

I don't believe however that CIC lost massive applications, probably a disorganization is taking place due to the high number of applications they received.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
Sorry to hear that, I understand how frustrating it can be... I waited for 2 months before I received AOR, it actually came the day before my 2 week trip overseas, so it was a huge relief. And I got IP right after I came home.

I agree that it is almost impossible for CIC to lose that many applications, but I also wonder if it's worth reapplying now? Or at some point in the near future? Seeing that some December applications are already being process, would reapplying make sense from your perspective...? (obviously some people on this forum are gonna say no because it essentially increase the number of apps CIC has to process)

Good luck...

skander75

Jul 14, 2017
I am oct 13 applicant still waiting for AOR. Two other people in same position got AOR last week, now only me and one another person who applied on oct 13remains. I hope till the end of this month all October applicants will get AORs.
I doubt that all October applicants will receive AOR by the end of the month. There are 70 October applicants in the Excel sheet that have not receive AOR and only 5 October applicants from the same Excel sheet have received AOR last week.

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
I’m a October 31st applicant, I hope my application is not cursed because of that :). I contacted my MP last week to see what she has to say. Still waiting on a response. I don't want to reapply, it’s such a hassle

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I’m a October 31st applicant, I hope my application is not cursed because of that :). I contacted my MP last week to see what she has to say. Still waiting on a response. I don't want to reapply, it’s such a hassle
Keep us posted on what you hear from the MP.

Here is my personal opinion: I dont think MPs have any power over a month delayed AOR. Especially given the fact that CIC maybe getting quite a few phone calls from MPs over delayed AORs. Its not even a real delay yet considering that they have 12 month end-to-end guideline. Of course, MPs wont say it to your face coz they need your vote in 2019.

But I could be totally wrong and your MP might expedite the process.

Spaniardo

Jul 7, 2017
In case IRCC confirms that our applications are lost or cannot be found, what are the consequences for them (if there is any)? I meant there is so much confidential information about us in those envelops ( name, work history, home addresses, PR cards number, Passport number, SIN number, detailed trips, etc, etc, etc) so at this point I just want to know where is my application rather than re-applying or wait.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case IRCC confirms that our applications are lost or cannot be found, what are the consequences for them (if there is any)? I meant there is so much confidential information about us in those envelops ( name, work history, home addresses, PR cards number, Passport number, SIN number, detailed trips, etc, etc, etc) so at this point I just want to know where is my application rather than re-applying or wait.
Very likely in some recycle bin awaiting destroy...

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
Hi all,

Same here. My application was received on Oct 19th and not AOR yet. Very frustrated!!. I think I am gonna wait a couple of weeks before reapplying. I have been trying to send a Web Form and get some info, but still waiting.
I hope we get the AOR soon.
I am kind of worry because I am planning a trip to my country and I hope CIC don't set up the test date when I am away.

lofoten82

Oct 15, 2017
Hi all,

Same here. My application was received on Oct 19th and not AOR yet. Very frustrated!!. I think I am gonna wait a couple of weeks before reapplying. I have been trying to send a Web Form and get some info, but still waiting.
I hope we get the AOR soon.
I am kind of worry because I am planning a trip to my country and I hope CIC don't set up the test date when I am away.
Same,
Delivered OCT 25
no AOR
I have everything ready I and will reapply. My deadline is FEB 01
I will write down in the cover letter that I did apply already, they will understand after 100 days who doesn't.
I did contact:
the call center - Result: useless
the MP - Result: useless
The web form - Result: less than useless
Sending a mail to the Sydney NS office: Result: No news

I am not frustrating, I am not in rush, this is my home, but I also feel like the time to reapply has come. I think it will help out anyway being out of the big OCT mass.

They will understand to see my application again if they end up to open the old one.

good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same,
Delivered OCT 25
no AOR
I will write down in the cover letter that I did apply already, they will understand after 100 days who doesn't.
I did contact:

I am not frustrating, I am not in rush, this is my home, but I also feel like the time to reapply has come. I think it will help out anyway being out of the big OCT mass.

They will understand to see my application again if they end up to open the old one.

good luck to everyone.
I think reapply may somehow push them to open your old one, if it didn't get lost.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Same,
Delivered OCT 25
no AOR
I did contact:
Sending a mail to the Sydney NS office: Result: No news

good luck to everyone.
i think its almost more then enoufgh to wait for aor. someone who applied before october havnt got no aor i think its better to re apply and send them the explenation letter with the same old receipts . thats what i did last week and the package was delivered on 22nd january.something definetly happened with our application either they lost,dumped it on one side,lost some of our items from the package bla bla bla... applicants from december started getting aor and we been waiting since october.i am not frustrated either or in rush either just wondering what actually happened with our application .GOD Knows.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
App delivered on 25 Oct and I’m waiting for AOR too. It’s got beyond frustrating at this point. With regards to reapplying, do I just use the old receipt? That one is more than 100 days old so i’m concerned that if I use that to re-apply they’ll just return my application by saying that the receipt is expired (I believe it expires 90 days after payment). So do I cough up another $600 or so and make another payment to reapply? If so, would the refund the amount I paid for the original application?

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Don’t get me wrong, but I’m all in just for the passport and explore better opportunities. It still doesn’t warrant the lack of fairness demonstrated by IRCC