+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi Guys
I recently completed the surrender process and now starting a new application for OCI. I have one question for now:
So i have to create2 demand drafts. One of $345 for Amount payable to Consulate General of India - Toronto and another one of $1.70 + Courier fee for Amount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc.? What is that Courier Fee? Don't I pay the courier fee in advance after calling BLS?
Any help in clarifying this issue will help.
Thank you

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys
I recently completed the surrender process and now starting a new application for OCI. I have one question for now:
So i have to create2 demand drafts. One of $345 for Amount payable to Consulate General of India - Toronto and another one of $1.70 + Courier fee for Amount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc.? What is that Courier Fee? Don't I pay the courier fee in advance after calling BLS?
Any help in clarifying this issue will help.
Thank you
You don't need to pay courier fees via draft if you doing it separately with BLS.

Reactions: SSK1993

Samay905

Jan 18, 2024
Thanks for sharing timeline. I wrote email today and received reply that it will be given to BLS in week’s. finger cross. Not thinking for e-visa as we have plan to stay longer.
Received update: OCI printing processed, document received at Vancouver on January 26, 2024. I hope BLS now deliver it on time.

Minor applicant date of acknowledgment November 24, 2023.

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I just booked an appt for OCI for next week for Toronto Location. How is the wait time these days if you have an appt and if you reach there in time? Apparently there is a lot of openings through march. IDK if this a glitch or real lol

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
Does anybody's OCI brampton postal application was rejected owing to shoulder not visible on the passport photo. my photos as per the requirements in their websites.. by still they point it as an issue ? https://ociservices.gov.in/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf
This is very common issue for in-person application. After paying hefty money as courier charges they would accept postal application without any fuss. Looks like they have started nitpicking issues in postal too.