+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
I Hate you BLS

I applied for OCI on 28th dec and included $7.40 demand draft for "BLS" along with $345 for consulate. They returned back my application saying your amount is wrong. I called them and they said fees has been updated to $1.70 for bls demand draft and you need to submit again. Mine was postal application.

I had called BLS contact centre on 27th dec to confirm the demand draft amounts and they only quoted me $7.40 and $345

Now again charging me $84 for Purolator pick up and drop off service and will need to create a new demand draft... :(

• Sad
Reactions: dhillon and luvbrar

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Hi did you receive any update. My minor applicant has Nov 24 acknowledgment. I am travelling in February first week.
I have 3 applications from Oct.28,2023 and 2 (daughter and husband) are being delivered today. Mine says counter delivery to BLS after stamping.
Ack date for 2: Nov.08,2023
Ack date for mine: Nov.09,2023
Processed for first 2: Jan.21,2024
Processed for mine: Jan.24,2024
Received in Vancouver (2): Jan.24,2024
Received in Vancouver (mine): Jan.25,2024
First 2 on Purolator truck :Jan.25,2024
Our flight is on Feb.06,2024. I was told by BLS person at front desk that mine should be here by Monday. If I don’t get it by then I have my e-Visa filled out and I will send it.
With Ack date of Nov.24.2024 it is highly unlikely you will receive it by first week of February. You may get lucky and receive it the day before you leave but I would get an e-Visa.

alpine_94

Jan 25, 2024
Hello, has anyone received OCI rejection recently for not including spouse's passport copy? BLS has returned both me and my spouse's postal OCI application with the same reason - "provide copy of spouse’s current passport & make sure spouse details in the application form is as per the passport. we are sending back the original documents".

When we applied for OCI (received by BLS centre on Jan 18th) spouse's passport copy was not mentioned in their checklist. However, recently they have added it.

I have heard similar issues of applications being returned when they updated their service fees earlier this year? Is this a new scam theme for BLS now?

alpine_94

Jan 25, 2024
I Hate you BLS

I applied for OCI on 28th dec and included $7.40 demand draft for "BLS" along with $345 for consulate. They returned back my application saying your amount is wrong. I called them and they said fees has been updated to $1.70 for bls demand draft and you need to submit again. Mine was postal application.

I had called BLS contact centre on 27th dec to confirm the demand draft amounts and they only quoted me $7.40 and $345

Now again charging me $84 for Purolator pick up and drop off service and will need to create a new demand draft... :(

alpine_94

Jan 25, 2024
Yes, apparently this is their new "theme" now. I am in a similar boat , but not for fee as i only applied after Jan 1st and verified their new fees over the phone before sending the application. However, both mine and my spouse's application was rejected as we did not include our spouse's passport copy. It was not included in their checklist when we applied but they have updated their checklist recently!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, apparently this is their new "theme" now. I am in a similar boat , but not for fee as i only applied after Jan 1st and verified their new fees over the phone before sending the application. However, both mine and my spouse's application was rejected as we did not include our spouse's passport copy. It was not included in their checklist when we applied but they have updated their checklist recently!!
Spouse name gets printed on OCI booklet so had followed this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I Hate you BLS

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php

Till yesterday I was seeing $7.40 but today I am seeing $1.70

You should have told them to keep the change. It would have been cheaper :mad:

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
People tried but then BLS is not ready to open the lot of OCI and search for your package. They instead are asking to wait for it to be delivered by Purolator. You can try once it says Counter delivery to BLS after stamping.
Thanks. So its useless to go in person to BLS Toronto to pick up instead of them mailing it. Hopefully they don't delay it.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Its a losing battle always with BLS :p
So true! They are operating as a gunda raj! Not sure whether its an issue between them and Indian govt or just discouraging people from applying and blame game of sorts. Genuine folks should not be treated like this for sure, basic courtesy and handling is missing completely. mere man mein aya woh muze bhaya attitude! They can make any rule upfront and reject for no reason, do a back and forth with purolator so they can extract money - you loose time! you are being a nice target

Reactions: Z86