+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jyoti071

Star Member
Nov 8, 2023
Thank you folks!
I have received the last one of the 3 OCIs today. It took 92 days from date of application in Vancouver for this ordeal.
Good luck to everyone and I hope you all receive yours on time before your flights. Mine came 9 days before my flight.
Nerve racking and frustrating but it’s done now.

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
In the process of filling the application form. In the application's information section, I have to enter Visible Mark which is apparently mandatory. For the surrender certification I did not enter it coz it was not a mandatory section. So if I enter it now, will it be a problem?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In the process of filling the application form. In the application's information section, I have to enter Visible Mark which is apparently mandatory. For the surrender certification I did not enter it coz it was not a mandatory section. So if I enter it now, will it be a problem?
You cannot skip it as it gets printed on the OCI booklet.

Reactions: SSK1993

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
You cannot skip it as it gets printed on the OCI booklet.
sure i can write that down. Another question about the photo. I am uploading one online while filling the form. Do I also have to send the same photo physically as well along with all other documents of my application?
also which profession would engineer come under lol? Professional or private service?

Reactions: desmat

lionwoods

Jul 6, 2023
I have applied OCI for my self and dependent on & December in person at Montreal BLS. it got acknowledged by HC Ottawa on 12th Dec but there is no progress after that. status is still "Under process". I am not sure how its going to take. if you have any leads kindly help me.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
sure i can write that down. Another question about the photo. I am uploading one online while filling the form. Do I also have to send the same photo physically as well along with all other documents of my application?
also which profession would engineer come under lol? Professional or private service?
Private Service...

Reactions: SSK1993

mansi20

Jan 28, 2024
Hi
I applied for OCI last week and received on bls website status but when I check on OCI website it says no records found.Why is it so?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In-person they did take additional photo but it came back in the envelope in which OCI was received.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have applied OCI for my self and dependent on & December in person at Montreal BLS. it got acknowledged by HC Ottawa on 12th Dec but there is no progress after that. status is still "Under process". I am not sure how its going to take. if you have any leads kindly help me.
Should be end of Feb.