+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hey all, I applied for OCI postal application on 6th Oct, and the application date on BLS tracking was 12th Oct. I am assuming it's the acknowledgment date? Yesterday, the status changed from under-process to processing at the consulate and today it's 'Counter delivery at BLS...'. Should I be worried? I tried tracking my application at the Govt of India OCI tracker but it shows 'No results found'. I have my flight ticket booked for the 15th of Nov. Any information about what the current processing time is for OCI applications in Vancouver jurisdiction?
you should have read few posts above yours rather than blindly asking. There are instances of same message since yesterday which seems to be a glitch.

You are cutting too close to your travel with these dates. go through the forum to see if there are any dates for Vancouver

Reactions: esdi

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

OCI walk-in application on 10th Oct
For two day's it was under process and now it showing as (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Seems BLS employee selected wrong option. Anyone experienced or in the same boat as me?
Is there any further update on this? Recently many candidates are facing this issue, which was not the case earlier.

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
you should have read few posts above yours rather than blindly asking. There are instances of same message since yesterday which seems to be a glitch.

You are cutting too close to your travel with these dates. go through the forum to see if there are any dates for Vancouver
I apologize for any redundancy caused by my inquiry. I did come across the timelines for Toronto, as you mentioned. However, I couldn't find specific information for Vancouver, which led me to post my query.
If anyone has applied for a visa around a similar timeline, I would greatly appreciate hearing about their experience

esdi

Oct 18, 2023
Very unlikely that you will get OCI by 15-Nov. Few others have mentioned a quick "Counter delivery at BLS". It could be because of one of the 3 reasons, unless someone confirms:
1. It probably got processed at CGI level (does your spouse already has OCI, is it for minor?)
2. There is some bug introduced in system recently
3. Unfortunately they found some issue in primary processing at CGI & thus returned it back to BLS.

Let's wait & watch.
Yes, my spouse already has an OCI, not sure if it affects my application. I hope it's not the third case.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
No, it says 'counter delivery to Bls'. Other 2 applications with the same timeline say 'ready for pick-up'
In that case I would just go and pickup all three. I have heard of cases where BLS status not changing to "dispatched by courier" or "ready for pickup" when it should have.

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hey all, I applied for OCI postal application on 6th Oct, and the application date on BLS tracking was 12th Oct. I am assuming it's the acknowledgment date? Yesterday, the status changed from under-process to processing at the consulate and today it's 'Counter delivery at BLS...'. Should I be worried? I tried tracking my application at the Govt of India OCI tracker but it shows 'No results found'. I have my flight ticket booked for the 15th of Nov. Any information about what the current processing time is for OCI applications in Vancouver jurisdiction?
I’m in a same boat and worries. My application date is Oct 11th and yesterday got the status changed to 'Counter delivery at BLS...'. Not sure what it means. Let’s connect when anyone of us hear back first.

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I’m in a same boat. Let’s see what happens and hope for the best.

Popat@queen

Apr 11, 2019
Hello folks,

I am in the process of applying OCI for myself, my wife and my daughter(minor). I've already visited BLS Brampton during inquiry time but they were not very helpful, instead kept telling me to use the website for more information. Hence I'm looking for some guidance from here especially from people who have submitted OCI via postal application.

- Do I need a date stamp on the photos?
- Can I Just mail all 3 applications in a Purolator courier to BLS Brampton location? or should I use the pickup/drop-off from BLS which seems to be charging $90+ per application?

Thank You
No date is required on the photos.

You can avail Purolator service and send all 3 applications in 1 envelop and pay for 3 return services. That way you will be able to save some money.