On the OCI card I just checked it says PoB as MumbaiHi Abbas,
What is shown, in your case, in the OCI card itself? I see that state is not printed, just the city. wondering whether that's the case with everyone.
Another thing noticed is, though my son is a minor, it still says "LIFE LONG". Does it mean it never expires and no need to apply again after certain age or on current passport expiry?
Also, happy to share that finally received my son's OCI (after Purolator lost his first OCI card). It took 6 months and multiple visits (to BLS) to get the new OCI card.
On the OCI website: https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome under Miscellaneous services you can take a look at the following:
- To avail Miscellaneous Service, you must be an existing OCI Card Holder
- In case the existing OCI card holder wishes to update/upload the latest information about his latest passport, Change in address/Occupation/Contact details, the OCI card holder can select the option/(s) as given below and upload the latest photograph and requisite documents. These details shall be updated into the OCI system records and an acknowledgement shall be shared with OCI card holder on his/her registered email ID. The services under these categories are gratis in nature:
1. In case issuance of new Passport Details (each time a new passport is issued up to 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age)
2. In case change in address/occupation/contact details.
- These Misc services can be availed for re-issuance of OCI Card as well as updating the information time to time as mentioned in the MHA notification dated 16th April, 2021. The re-issuance of new OCI card will be applicable for following categories:
1. In case of issuance of new passport (once a new passport is issued after completing 20 years of age.)
2. In case of change of personal particulars viz. name, father's name, nationality etc.
3. In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate.
- In case of Renunciation of OCI Card.