+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rjv2255

Mar 18, 2023
My timeline of OCI application.
Walkin submission at edmonton BLS office on May 5th.
Acknowledgement on May 11.
Document printed and received at Vancouver on May 30.
OCI delvered to my home address on June 2nd.

wink

May 25, 2021
@abbas.pasha or anyone in this group can help me filling this field.

In my Indian passport PoB: ARIYALUR, TAMIL NADU
In my Canadian passport PoB: ARIYALUR , INDIA
On the OCI application form it comes as ARIYALUR , TAMIL NADU , INDIA

Is it okay or should I get affidavit or anything. Thanks for your help!
Yes, I would suggest to get one to avoid any possibility of application returned.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, May I know how long it is taking for OCI card to be processed once application submitted?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All
@abbas.pasha Sir

How long it takes to get OCI by post from Brampton "BLS post Document received At" date ? It's been 3-4 days with this status and I don't see BLS website been updated with courier # from last 3-4 days with tracking details

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOnDD-MM-YYYY
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOnDD-MM-YYYY
Document received AtTORONTOOnDD-MM-YYYY

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha or anyone in this group can help me filling this field.

In my Indian passport PoB: ARIYALUR, TAMIL NADU
In my Canadian passport PoB: ARIYALUR , INDIA
On the OCI application form it comes as ARIYALUR , TAMIL NADU , INDIA

Is it okay or should I get affidavit or anything. Thanks for your help!
I had the following on my application

In my Indian passport PoB: Mumbai, MS
In my Canadian passport PoB: Mumbai, INDIA
On the OCI application form it comes as Mumbai, Maharashtra , INDIA

I did not have make a affidavit. I dont think in your case as well you need a affidavit

Reactions: Shobika16

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
All
@abbas.pasha Sir

How long it takes to get OCI by post from Brampton "BLS post Document received At" date ? It's been 3-4 days with this status and I don't see BLS website been updated with courier # from last 3-4 days with tracking details

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOnDD-MM-YYYY
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOnDD-MM-YYYY
Document received AtTORONTOOnDD-MM-YYYY
Sorry bhai Sumit... I am in Auckland, NZ this week...
As I told you earlier, you can expect to receive the OCI after a week, from the date that you see against "Document received At"
If you still do not see a tracker update on BLS website i.e. "Ready for collection" you can email the following:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you so much. Few more questions:

1) during Indian passport surrender stage I should ask for additional Hard copy of the photos?
2) If I take click the pic by my phone do I need to resize it for to meets the Mbs, Size (dimensions of the photo)?
3) same is the case for signature. Is there any specfic size i need to scan it.
4) how about "foreign Citizenship Certificate/card" they will keep it.

Thank you
Regards,
1. They give 2 copies of photo and charge ~ $15. If you need more you can ask them and they will charge you the similar amount. Its upto you, but I believe the requirement still is for 1 photo each for surrender and OCI. Applicants who have recently submitted can chime in
2. Yes you will need to resize it, but can do with your phone or use any free third party online app.. I had a iPhone and clicked it cropped using the standard iPhone photo edit app, uploaded it on the OCI website
3. OCI website https://ociservices.gov.in/welcome in which you create the application mentions it you can refer.. Sign it, scan it, upload it. The OCI section in which you upload the photo and signature has a crop tool and it can be useful for the final cropping.. I personally never followed this guideline, I uploaded the clear image and used the OCI cropping tool to align the photo and signature and it prompted that specs are good...
OCI Image Upload/ Re-upload
  • The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
  • The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
  • The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 1500 pixels (height).
  • The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3.
  • The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
  • The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 500 pixels (height).
4. BLS only will keep (if they decide to make money on you) the Indian passport/Indian surrender certificate. This is an Indian org they have no authority to keep your Canadian govt, issued documents such as Canadian passport/citizenship certificate

Reactions: HMO

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
I had the following on my application

In my Indian passport PoB: Mumbai, MS
In my Canadian passport PoB: Mumbai, INDIA
On the OCI application form it comes as Mumbai, Maharashtra , INDIA

I did not have make a affidavit. I dont think in your case as well you need a affidavit
Thank you so much

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
There are lots of confusions and different answers for this question in group. Anyone who did recently please help me with an answer. Planning to apply via postal application. Do we need send originals mentioned in the checklist or just self attested photocopies enough?

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
@abbas.pasha regarding spouse details.. mandatory field was his name, birthday, marriage date. His passport details fields were not mandatory fields so I didn't fill them. Is it okay if I just fill the mandatory ones and leave the other passport details fields. Also I m applying OCI based on Indian origin self not using his proof for applying my OCI. Please advise

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha regarding spouse details.. mandatory field was his name, birthday, marriage date. His passport details fields were not mandatory fields so I didn't fill them. Is it okay if I just fill the mandatory ones and leave the other passport details fields. Also I m applying OCI based on Indian origin self not using his proof for applying my OCI. Please advise
Fill the complete details of your spouse include his passport copies (Indian and Canadian) and certificates (surrender and citizenship).
The rules change on a whim here. Complete as much info as you can
Don’t send any original by post

g.ch

Jun 4, 2023
Hello...

Is a Surrender Certificate required when applying for the OCI. I am assisting my parents with their application and they only have old passports that are stamped canceled. Passports are from when they arrived in the 70's.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello...

Is a Surrender Certificate required when applying for the OCI. I am assisting my parents with their application and they only have old passports that are stamped canceled. Passports are from when they arrived in the 70's.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/surrender-certificate-faq-s/
I acquired Indian Canadian citizenship in 2005 and had submitted Indian passports to Consulate which were stamped cancelled and returned to me. Am I required to get a surrender certificate?

Indian passports of those acquiring foreign citizenship prior to 31 May, 2010 used to be cancelled and no Surrender Certificate was issued. In case they wish to apply for OCI card then they need to show the proof of cancelled passport at the time of submission of OCI application.

Reactions: g.ch