+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
Hi,

I am filling surrender certificate for myself and my spouse as we got Canadian citizenship. Can someone help me, what should I fill for Spouse's Nationality column while filling out the surrender certificate form? Should be this as per Indian passport "Indian" or should be current nationality "Canadian"?

Thanks

Reactions: bharanim2003

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Friends need some help please..
Can I submit surrender application and oci application together in Brampton location ?

Next question: can I get evisa before I receive my surrender certificate ..

What happens I go to India with e visa and my husband brings my oci booklet later so I can extend my stay in India without extending e visa

Please help

Mads@1211

May 9, 2017
NOC Code......
Hello,

Please HELP on this question.

How long it takes to get the originals back. I have applied for my infant son OCI on Jan 5th and have still not received the originals. Application date says Jan 18.

I want to travel on Feb 21 and I don’t think i will receive the oci by then (right now it says under process at CG) and now i want to apply for entry visa but I don’t have originals.

Thanks in advance.

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
Can someone please help

Hi,

I am filling surrender certificate for myself and my spouse as we got Canadian citizenship. Can someone help me, what should I fill for Spouse's Nationality column while filling out the surrender certificate form? Should be this as per Indian passport "Indian" or should be current nationality "Canadian"?

Thanks

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Can I submit surrender application and oci application together in Brampton location ?

What happens I go to India with e visa and my husband brings my oci booklet later so I can extend my stay in India without extending e visa

Please help
India does not offer e-visa anymore for Canadian Citizens - stopped for over a year now.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
I am also looking for the answer to this. We both are applying together for our surrender certificates, so spouse's nationality will be Indian or Canadian? @NbaHlx what did you do with your applications?

Can someone please help

Hi,

Thanks

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015

Please help
1. Not possible. They stopped accepting OCI and surrender together. Now it’s two stage process firstly apply for surrender passport. Once you get surrender certificate then you can apply OCI.

2. E visa is not availbe for Canadian citizen. You can try Entry visa.

3. I’m not sure about it. Heard you have to exit india with Same visa used to enter the country. Otherwise you have contact FRRO.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OCI Application Submitted at BLS (Brampton) : December 04, 2021
Date of Acknowledgement : December 17, 2021
Date of Printing : January 21, 2022
Date of dispatch : January 21, 2022
Date of Document received At Toronto : January 21, 2022

waiting for status change at BLS website. hoping to get it in 3-4 days.

Hi,

I submitted my OCI postal OCI application to BLS Brampton. They received it on Jan 13th. Now, on Jan 22nd they are showing under process. However, I'm yet to receive any acknowledgement email from CGI. Nor is it trackable on OCI website. any ideas how long it can take to get acknowledgement ? Did you get a separate email from BLS and OCI that its under process or it has been received/ acknowledgement?

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Applied for surrender cert on 24 Dec at Toronto location in person.

Today, status on BLS tracking changed and updated with Purolator tracking#. Will update when I receive the package.

Any idea if Toronto location still releases same day appointments, and if yes, can I book in one category, say visa, and go for OCI?

Reactions: canvisa13

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi,

I submitted my OCI postal OCI application to BLS Brampton. They received it on Jan 13th. Now, on Jan 22nd they are showing under process. However, I'm yet to receive any acknowledgement email from CGI. Nor is it trackable on OCI website. any ideas how long it can take to get acknowledgement ? Did you get a separate email from BLS and OCI that its under process or it has been received/ acknowledgement?
You wont receive any email from CGI nor from BLS. You have to check status on oci services website which are already doing. For me it took 14days to show acknowledgement from the submission.