22-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
Hi,

I submitted my OCI postal OCI application to BLS Brampton. They received it on Jan 13th. Now, on Jan 22nd they are showing under process. However, I'm yet to receive any acknowledgement email from CGI. Nor is it trackable on OCI website. any ideas how long it can take to get acknowledgement ? Did you get a separate email from BLS and OCI that its under process or it has been received/ acknowledgement?
My OCI application was acknowledged after 15 days from submission at BLS. We will not receive any notification or email for acknowledgment

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
1. Not possible. They stopped accepting OCI and surrender together. Now it’s two stage process firstly apply for surrender passport. Once you get surrender certificate then you can apply OCI.

2. E visa is not availbe for Canadian citizen. You can try Entry visa.

3. I’m not sure about it. Heard you have to exit india with Same visa used to enter the country. Otherwise you have contact FRRO.
Thank you.. hmm I probably will apply for entry visa and extend the visa in India.
I plan to stay in India from march to december ( about 8-9 months )
So was looking for options

T1@2

Jan 19, 2022
Hi,

I submitted my OCI postal OCI application to BLS Brampton. They received it on Jan 13th. Now, on Jan 22nd they are showing under process. However, I'm yet to receive any acknowledgement email from CGI. Nor is it trackable on OCI website. any ideas how long it can take to get acknowledgement ? Did you get a separate email from BLS and OCI that its under process or it has been received/ acknowledgement?
It takes atleast 15 days to issue an acknowledgement date.

Reactions: RMcanada

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
My OCI is due to print this Friday and I would like to know, how long would they take to ship it? I'm flying on Feb 6th and OCI is print to due on Jan 28th. Thanks

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
My OCI is due to print this Friday and I would like to know, how long would they take to ship it? I'm flying on Feb 6th and OCI is print to due on Jan 28th. Thanks
Hi

May I know your acknowledgment date for the OCI. Mine is Dec 23 it’s still under-process.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hi all!

I just got my oath invite which is in a couple of weeks, so starting to plan my next steps.

Is there a tracking spreadsheet for Indian Passport Surrender certificate and OCI timeline? I want to try and understand if there are certain locations faster, and if I can make my travel plans.

Appreciate any help and insight!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all!

I just got my oath invite which is in a couple of weeks, so starting to plan my next steps.

Is there a tracking spreadsheet for Indian Passport Surrender certificate and OCI timeline? I want to try and understand if there are certain locations faster, and if I can make my travel plans.

Appreciate any help and insight!
No, there are no tracking spreadsheets, at least none that I know of.

AFAIK, there are only 2 locations in the GTA - Brampton and Toronto so there aren't many locations to compare. Also, if you live in the GTA, you'll have to submit your application in one of these offices. You can't, for example, submit your application in the Quebec BLS office.

The processing times are kind of similar. For OCI, it is 2 weeks from submission to receive an acknowledgement and 3 weeks from acknowledgement for the OCI to be printed. Shipping and receiving it at home might take another 3 days. So, consider 6 weeks in total.

For surrender, it sometimes varies but usually takes 4 - 5 weeks from the date of submission but it could take up to 8 weeks.

To be on the safer side, do not make any plans for about 2 months after submission unless it is very urgent and unavoidable. Also, you can travel once you receive OCI and you do not have to wait for Surrender certificate. You can also have someone else collect your surrender certificate on your behalf if that gets delayed.

Last edited:

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
No, there are no tracking spreadsheets, at least none that I know of.

AFAIK, there are only 2 locations in the GTA - Brampton and Toronto so there aren't many locations to compare. Also, if you live in the GTA, you'll have to submit your application in one of these offices. You can't, for example, submit your application in the Quebec BLS office.

The processing times are kind of similar. For OCI, it is 2 weeks from submission to receive an acknowledgement and 3 weeks from acknowledgement for the OCI to be printed. Shipping and receiving it at home might take another 3 days. So, consider 6 weeks in total.

For surrender, it sometimes varies but usually takes 4 - 5 weeks from the date of submission but it could take up to 8 weeks.

To be on the safer side, do not make any plans for about 2 months after submission unless it is very urgent and unavoidable. Also, you can travel once you receive OCI and you do not have to wait for Surrender certificate. You can also have someone else collect your surrender certificate on your behalf if that gets delayed.
Thank you for the detailed response!

If we live in the GTA, can't we apply at the Ottawa office (BLS)? Also, don't we need the surrender certificate before submitting application for OCI?