+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi All,
My wife and I have OCI. But am wondering if any major advantages of OCI for baby ? (only one I see is being able to stay for more than 6 months which we don't need for now atleast). The 5 year e-visa for $80 seems very attractive option and very easy to apply. OCI for minors needs renewal every 5 yrs. Once they cross 20 makes more sense for education, owning property etc and no renewals (until 50).

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
I am so fed up with BLS BS right now, you guys can't believe. In last 2 years they have send my package to wrong address every single time and i was left scrambling to find the package and had to pay extra to get it re-routed. They did it just a month ago and i even mentioned it in my previous message. I called to talk to their manager and they hung up on me 5 times. Now they want me to pay for courier again for the mistake they made on their part. The dude on the phone is telling me that i filled out wrong address (my own address) on my application (is wrong, seriously) when I suggest to check address on my application he is not willing to do that. He knows that they made mistake but do not want to accept it. THIS BLS SERVICE IS TOTAL BS DO NOT ACCEPT COURIER SERVICE EVEN IF THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO DO IT. I WOULD RATHER TAKE A DAY OFF AND SPEND 2 HOURS TRAVELLING TO PICK IT UP (totally frustrated).

• Angry
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi All,
My wife and I have OCI. But am wondering if any major advantages of OCI for baby ? (only one I see is being able to stay for more than 6 months which we don't need for now atleast). The 5 year e-visa for $80 seems very attractive option and very easy to apply. OCI for minors needs renewal every 5 yrs. Once they cross 20 makes more sense for education, owning property etc and no renewals (until 50).
Is 5 year Visa newly introduced? $80 for 5 years Visa looks good to me and serves the purpose as well. Unless kids intend to stay more than 6 months.

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Is 5 year Visa newly introduced? $80 for 5 years Visa looks good to me and serves the purpose as well. Unless kids intend to stay more than 6 months.
Yes I just found some details on govt website and it seems to be available. Hardly any docs needed and super quick. The only thing tough to predict for some people would be, if in next 5 years child would ever need to spend more than 6 months in India. if not, its the way to go I guess (for canadians , americans and some others its 6 month stay, most other countries its max 3 month stay)

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
I am so fed up with BLS BS right now, you guys can't believe. In last 2 years they have send my package to wrong address every single time and i was left scrambling to find the package and had to pay extra to get it re-routed. They did it just a month ago and i even mentioned it in my previous message. I called to talk to their manager and they hung up on me 5 times. Now they want me to pay for courier again for the mistake they made on their part. The dude on the phone is telling me that i filled out wrong address (my own address) on my application (is wrong, seriously) when I suggest to check address on my application he is not willing to do that. He knows that they made mistake but do not want to accept it. THIS BLS SERVICE IS TOTAL BS DO NOT ACCEPT COURIER SERVICE EVEN IF THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO DO IT. I WOULD RATHER TAKE A DAY OFF AND SPEND 2 HOURS TRAVELLING TO PICK IT UP (totally frustrated).
Thats Terrible, this could also be Purolators fault and maybe lodge a complaint with them as well (unless BLS typed wrong address every time which is really weird). So they dont allow you to collect from Purolators office ? or I guess they exceeded number of attempts ?

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Yes I just found some details on govt website and it seems to be available. Hardly any docs needed and super quick. The only thing tough to predict for some people would be, if in next 5 years child would ever need to spend more than 6 months in India. if not, its the way to go I guess (for canadians , americans and some others its 6 month stay, most other countries its max 3 month stay)
Can you sent the link of the website? I couldn't find in CGI Toronto site.

For sure $80 is very good for kids instead of $425 for 5 years. It makes sense even if in future they have to stay in India for more than 6 mths. OCI can be applied even from India.

Hari_18881

Oct 25, 2018
Dear APPLICANTS - BEWARE of CORRUPT staff IN BLS, TORONTO
--------------------------------------------------------

Friends, please read my recent experience below and make this information GO VIRAL to help all our fellow applicants from being charged for courier without our CONSENT.

My experience with BLS during my last 2 recent visits has been kind of stressful and upsetting because of the CORRUPT, DISHONEST and CHEATING nature of BLS staff.
Heard various similar frustrating stories from quite some people who I made acquaintance with while standing in line outside BLS in freezing temperatures.

1st visit:
----------
When I was there to submit my OCI application, I was told it was incomplete as I did not upload my "Landing document" in PART-B.
Whereas, no where in PART-B clearly states us to upload "LANDING DOCUMENT". When I questioned, the staff said, the drop down list in PART-B has "INDIAN VISA". And that I need to upload "LANDING DOCUMENT" against that.

I was like, where on earth does "INDIAN VISA" means "LANDING DOCUMENT"? It makes no sense at all. It is frustrating that BLS asks us to interpret "INDIAN VISA" to "LANDING DOCUMENT".
And for this meaningless reason, my application was turned down and I was asked to visit BLS again.

The acquiantances who I made when I was in BLS said, BLS makes every person come back a 2nd time.

Not sure if BLS charges "Indian Consulate" for every applicant's visit which is why BLS makes applicants come back again and again with their poor service and half knowledge staff?
I'd say, it is more like CHEATING the applicants at the cost of their valuable time.

2nd visit:
-----------
I was back at BLS to submit my well prepared OCI application.

The gentleman at the counter took my application and photo copies of my documents and handed me over a courier delivery form to fill in (I did not ask for it).
And this is how our conversation went:

Me: I'd prefer in person Pick-Up option.
BLS Staff: You have to opt for courier service as OCI comes from India.

Me: But my another friend is here in BLS right now to pick-up his OCI?
BLS Staff: Courier person must have tried to deliver his OCI to him and after 3 attempts, it is sent back to BLS. So your friend must have come to pick it up.

I was't convincved with BLS staff's response and I hesitantly started filled the "Optional courier delivery" form.
Which is when he handed me over a machine to make the payment. I asked him, "How much is it?". He replied, "$53".
I was shocked.

Me: 53 dollars? Thats a huge amount. I'm still not convinced as this form clearly says, "Optional Courier delivery". And I prefer to come pick-up.
BLS Staff: OK, it'll take time for pick-up.

Me: I have all time on earth, I'm in no rush.

It was only then, that your BLS staff took the payment machine back, cancelled the previous $53 transaction and handed me the payment machine back for a $8 BLS service fee.

The above conversation clearly explains how CORRUPT and DISHONEST BLS staff are by misleading applicants to avail optional courier facility as mandatory and thus trying to charge us an insane amount.
It is our hard earned money. BLS staff has no respect for people's time and money. They are utter FRAUDS and CHEATERS. They charge applicants with courier delivery fee WITHOUT OUR CONSENT.

I used my presence of mind, so I was able to save myself. I wonder how many innocent applicants are being FRAUDULENTLY CHEATED by BLS staff on a daily basis.

• Angry

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Dear APPLICANTS - BEWARE of CORRUPT staff IN BLS, TORONTO
--------------------------------------------------------

Friends, please read my recent experience below and make this information GO VIRAL to help all our fellow applicants from being charged for courier without our CONSENT.

My experience with BLS during my last 2 recent visits has been kind of stressful and upsetting because of the CORRUPT, DISHONEST and CHEATING nature of BLS staff.
Heard various similar frustrating stories from quite some people who I made acquaintance with while standing in line outside BLS in freezing temperatures.

1st visit:
----------
When I was there to submit my OCI application, I was told it was incomplete as I did not upload my "Landing document" in PART-B.
Whereas, no where in PART-B clearly states us to upload "LANDING DOCUMENT". When I questioned, the staff said, the drop down list in PART-B has "INDIAN VISA". And that I need to upload "LANDING DOCUMENT" against that.

I was like, where on earth does "INDIAN VISA" means "LANDING DOCUMENT"? It makes no sense at all. It is frustrating that BLS asks us to interpret "INDIAN VISA" to "LANDING DOCUMENT".
And for this meaningless reason, my application was turned down and I was asked to visit BLS again.

The acquiantances who I made when I was in BLS said, BLS makes every person come back a 2nd time.

Not sure if BLS charges "Indian Consulate" for every applicant's visit which is why BLS makes applicants come back again and again with their poor service and half knowledge staff?
I'd say, it is more like CHEATING the applicants at the cost of their valuable time.

2nd visit:
-----------
I was back at BLS to submit my well prepared OCI application.

The gentleman at the counter took my application and photo copies of my documents and handed me over a courier delivery form to fill in (I did not ask for it).
And this is how our conversation went:

Me: I'd prefer in person Pick-Up option.
BLS Staff: You have to opt for courier service as OCI comes from India.

Me: But my another friend is here in BLS right now to pick-up his OCI?
BLS Staff: Courier person must have tried to deliver his OCI to him and after 3 attempts, it is sent back to BLS. So your friend must have come to pick it up.

I was't convincved with BLS staff's response and I hesitantly started filled the "Optional courier delivery" form.
Which is when he handed me over a machine to make the payment. I asked him, "How much is it?". He replied, "$53".
I was shocked.

Me: 53 dollars? Thats a huge amount. I'm still not convinced as this form clearly says, "Optional Courier delivery". And I prefer to come pick-up.
BLS Staff: OK, it'll take time for pick-up.

Me: I have all time on earth, I'm in no rush.

It was only then, that your BLS staff took the payment machine back, cancelled the previous $53 transaction and handed me the payment machine back for a $8 BLS service fee.

The above conversation clearly explains how CORRUPT and DISHONEST BLS staff are by misleading applicants to avail optional courier facility as mandatory and thus trying to charge us an insane amount.
It is our hard earned money. BLS staff has no respect for people's time and money. They are utter FRAUDS and CHEATERS. They charge applicants with courier delivery fee WITHOUT OUR CONSENT.

I used my presence of mind, so I was able to save myself. I wonder how many innocent applicants are being FRAUDULENTLY CHEATED by BLS staff on a daily basis.
Hi Hari,
I am in the same boat where i was forced to accept courier. I have written to consulate general of India and ask them to provide me with the solution. I suggest to do the same. If you are taking any action please count me in. I have all the documents to prove this. There is also an email under grievance where you can launch an official complaint. If you need help let me know.

I had really bad experience with BLS for last 2 years.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Thats Terrible, this could also be Purolators fault and maybe lodge a complaint with them as well (unless BLS typed wrong address every time which is really weird). So they dont allow you to collect from Purolators office ? or I guess they exceeded number of attempts ?
I got the package, its totally BLS fault because every single time they put the wrong address on my package.

Hari_18881

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Hari,
I am in the same boat where i was forced to accept courier. I have written to consulate general of India and ask them to provide me with the solution. I suggest to do the same. If you are taking any action please count me in. I have all the documents to prove this. There is also an email under grievance where you can launch an official complaint. If you need help let me know.
Hi Dev! you just read my mind. This is insane they are getting away with this fraud. What is that email id for grievance (I just sent the whole content of my post to "feedback@blsinternational.net")? I tried to log a complaint on BLS website, I selected "Complaint" from the drop down, pasted my content and clicked submit. I never got any ticket number for the same. But when I did the same process to check the status of my application, I received an automated email with ticket number. Looks like "Complaint" in their drop down is just for name sake. Another fraud by BLS. How do I reach out to "consulate general of India"? you meant a written Complaint letter? I can do that too. I want to do everything possible to expose these BLS guys and help innocent people.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Dev! you just read my mind. This is insane they are getting away with this fraud. What is that email id for grievance (I just sent the whole content of my post to "feedback@blsinternational.net")? I tried to log a complaint on BLS website, I selected "Complaint" from the drop down, pasted my content and clicked submit. I never got any ticket number for the same. But when I did the same process to check the status of my application, I received an automated email with ticket number. Looks like "Complaint" in their drop down is just for name sake. Another fraud by BLS. How do I reach out to "consulate general of India"? you meant a written Complaint letter? I can do that too. I want to do everything possible to expose these BLS guys and help innocent people.
Hi Hari,
BLS complaint: servicehq.canada@blsinternational.net
Consulate: consec.toronto@mea.gov.in
FYI: I haven't heard any thing back yet from either of them. Following was my complaint:

Hello Consular,
I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing as a highly frustrated consumer, who is really fed up with BLS service and failure on their part to take accountability. I am writing to you in hopes that I can find a way where my reasonable concerns will be heard and resolved.

My wife had availed BLS service almost 4 times in last few years and they have shipped my packages to wrong addresses every single time. My concerns with BLS brampton:
- I was forced (given no choice, I had to accept) to avail courier service every single time even when i declined it and willing to travel to receive my package by hand. When i confronted them about the packages send to wrong addresses, they try to put blame back on me stating "Mistake made on my side for putting wrong address on my applications" which is not true. I can produce evidence of my applications submitted which has addresses on them. When told that I can produce evidence that its a mistake made on their part, then they start making excuses.

- I called on Nov 28, 2019 around 4:00 pm to BLS customer service requested to talk to manager after my package send to wrong address (this is the fourth time and second time in last one month). They hang up on me 4 times and then didn't respond to my call. Finally, after 45 mins someone received my call again then I was told that manager has left for the day.

- I was told every single time by BLS to pay extra for re-routing courier or forget about it even when its mistake on BLS part. This includes the conversation I had with the gentleman on Nov 28, 2019 telling me that I have to make extra payment to get my package re-routed.

- BLS charges me almost $35 for local courier each time and $70 for OCI and then I had to pay extra every time either in terms of money or extra time spend trying to kind my package. As, you might know that local courier services do not cost more than $15 for same day shipping and BLS is charging almost $30-$35 depending upon application type, this is a total rip off and complete lack of respect towards customers.During my last visit, I asked for detailed payment receipt, the front desk totally refused to give me the receipt which should have description of each service charged separately, instead gave me a single debit machine receipt with one single amount and no description of any of the charges.

We are highly frustrated right now, and had no choice but to turn to Indian Consulate for such a lack of respect, co-operation, service, accountability and no solution provided on BLS part. I am not writing to get my money back but to hold them responsible for the stuff I had to go through and have seen during my visits at BLS Brampton.

I hope there are procedures in place which hold BLS accountable for these kind of irresponsible behavior. Indian consulate is using BLS as their outsourcing agent for so many services, there has to be a better way to provide customer service. I hope to get a concrete response back with the action taken in regards to my complaint against BLS. I am willing to provide any evidence if required as I have saved copies and payment receipts from BLS.

Regards
Davinder Pal Singh