Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
BalajiR said:
this could be because of the delay in the processing for 2011 and 2012 applicants. Also may be because of the fee hike, lot of them are delaying........

*** Plight of helpless permanent residents of Canada ***

Overall, it reflects the current government's policies, colossal neglect of our economy compensate by bringing more highly educated immigrants on PR, who brings money to pump into the local economy. Leave them to slog their whole lives looking for jobs or end up working in menial jobs if they are lucky.

How many jobs this government has created except making attempts to create more scare among residents to swell their vote bank.

By raising the bar for citizenship, again immigrants forced to pay $ 630 silently and wait for years thus stop competition for Federal jobs.

Can government afford to raise taxes or ask the citizens to pay $200 more towards taxes ??? There will be hundreds of protest around the country by outraged citizens against the government. Yet not a single politician raised voice against citizenship fee raised from $100 to $630 plus dragging the process to years and years on flimsy excuses.

Were they scared, they may be charged under C-51 bill for treason for raising the objections to country's income ? Trust me, the same politicians will be coming to your door begging for votes in few months.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Any one have any idea how long the officer take to review the file.

My file pending since Jan. 2012. RQ file handover to the officer for review

by St.Claire office November 12, 2014... no reply file pending 39 months.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
Any one have any idea how long the officer take to review the file.

My file pending since Jan. 2012. RQ file handover to the officer for review

by St.Claire office November 12, 2014... no reply file pending 39 months.
Have you requested the ATIP report lately ? Once its assigned to your local office it should take max 3 months to decide.

Knowing the way CIC works, its no surprise they might have misplaced your file.

You might consider sending a registered mail to CIC, requesting an update.

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
So a new line is added to my Ecas today. Anyone knows what this is about? good or bad news? have gotten no letter yet.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February XX, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a letter on March XX, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

FYI- On February 12, they asked for information (notice of assessment, transcripts, etc.) and I sent it on March 10th.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here. Saw this line in the morning today. No letter yet.
Called CIC, as I had to inform them about my upcoming business travel, but the agent told me that she doesn't see any updates/notes in my case since December. So she had no idea about this letter at all.
Also, interestingly enough, agent advised that they can accept notifications about travel plans over the phone only once. From now on, if I have to notify them about my travel plans I have to send a letter to St. Clair office using regular mail. Now it's not fun anymore, as this absurdity gets really annoying. They process your application for 40 months, they don't allow reschedule of test/hearing/oath/whatever. And now there is no way to notify them about your travel plans more than once over the phone. My position requires quite a lot of travel, sometimes scheduled last minute, what am I supposed to do? Quit my job? Now I am writing a letter to the CIC office, asking to advise if there are any electronic ways contact them regarding travel dates notifications. Also I think I have to contact my MP office and express my concerns about this unacceptable treatment of applicants. Seriously, this starts to affect my job.

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Agreed. This is getting frustrating to the max. Waiting to see what this letter is all about. It could be a delayed letter for what they already sent in February requesting more documents. One can only wonder and figure out.

I travel a lot for work as well; just make sure a friend/relative is checking your mail during your travels.

zhading said:
Same here. Saw this line in the morning today. No letter yet.
Called CIC, as I had to inform them about my upcoming business travel, but the agent told me that she doesn't see any updates/notes in my case since December. So she had no idea about this letter at all.
Also, interestingly enough, agent advised that they can accept notifications about travel plans over the phone only once. From now on, if I have to notify them about my travel plans I have to send a letter to St. Clair office using regular mail. Now it's not fun anymore, as this absurdity gets really annoying. They process your application for 40 months, they don't allow reschedule of test/hearing/oath/whatever. And now there is no way to notify them about your travel plans more than once over the phone. My position requires quite a lot of travel, sometimes scheduled last minute, what am I supposed to do? Quit my job? Now I am writing a letter to the CIC office, asking to advise if there are any electronic ways contact them regarding travel dates notifications. Also I think I have to contact my MP office and express my concerns about this unacceptable treatment of applicants. Seriously, this starts to affect my job.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there's anything to get excited about this. I have the same in my e-CAS. its just a letter sent to say your application is in queue and will be processed accordingly. I got this in Jun 2015. I think they randomly send this to people calling in.

thanks

canadiansoon said:
So a new line is added to my Ecas today. Anyone knows what this is about? good or bad news? have gotten no letter yet.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February XX, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a letter on March XX, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

FYI- On February 12, they asked for information (notice of assessment, transcripts, etc.) and I sent it on March 10th.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadiansoon said:
Agreed. This is getting frustrating to the max. Waiting to see what this letter is all about. It could be a delayed letter for what they already sent in February requesting more documents. One can only wonder and figure out.

I travel a lot for work as well; just make sure a friend/relative is checking your mail during your travels.
Admittedly we are dealing with one of the most arrogant, lazy & bureaucratic organization of the North America. They are working on their whims & fancies in the process causing lot of inconveniences to all applicants yet without any accountability.

Please send a registered mail to CIC, dont rely on phone calls to avoid any adverse consequences due to CIC negligence.

RQnightmare

Mar 28, 2015
Here is my story for those outhere waiting for an update on their case:

January 2012 - Application Received
March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted
Absoulute silence while my File was getting dust
January 2015 - ATIP Received
March 2015 - Case Especific Inquiry

After waiting for 36 months, I finally decided to ask for ATIP last January. ATIP showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much my File was stored somewhere in a lost cabinet getting dust and only checked by CIC raccoons and squirrels, which probably were crying or laughing at my case.

I strongly believe asking for ATIP helped CIC officials to realize my File was lost in 2012-Forgotten Applicants cabinet. Right after that I filed out CIC Case Specific Form online for those 'non-routine' applications, CIC came back to me to let me know my File was recently submitted to CIC Scarborough office for Oath ceremony schedule.

eCAS hasn't been updated yet. Long story short: get your ATIP and fill the Case Specific Form online once your processing waiting time exceeds the 36 months period.

CIC has left 2011-2012 applications way behind their priorities and right now are giving extra time to process 2014-2015 citizenship applications. My neighbor applied in August 2014 and got his Citizenship in February 2015... niceeeeee !!!!!....

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQnightmare said:
Here is my story for those outhere waiting for an update on their case:

January 2012 - Application Received
March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted
Absoulute silence while my File was getting dust
January 2015 - ATIP Received
March 2015 - Case Especific Inquiry

After waiting for 36 months, I finally decided to ask for ATIP last January. ATIP showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much my File was stored somewhere in a lost cabinet getting dust and only checked by CIC raccoons and squirrels, which probably were crying or laughing at my case.

I strongly believe asking for ATIP helped CIC officials to realize my File was lost in 2012-Forgotten Applicants cabinet. Right after that I filed out CIC Case Specific Form online for those 'non-routine' applications, CIC came back to me to let me know my File was recently submitted to CIC Scarborough office for Oath ceremony schedule.

eCAS hasn't been updated yet. Long story short: get your ATIP and fill the Case Specific Form online once your processing waiting time exceeds the 36 months period.

CIC has left 2011-2012 applications way behind their priorities and right now are giving extra time to process 2014-2015 citizenship applications. My neighbor applied in August 2014 and got his Citizenship in February 2015... niceeeeee !!!!!....
This is a great piece of info. Thank you for it. I will do the same tonight. Did this case specific enquiry help you at all? And if so, what did you write? What results did you get?
Thnx

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have used the case specific site a few times but on both occasions they came back with very vague answers. They did not even mention the fact that my file was assigned to an officer back in January.