+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
djoli said:
Please stop spreading your nonsense. Do you now work for CIC? Are hereby really proud of their work? How just have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many people including myself that have been waiting for 43 months for no reason and they still have not reviewed my RQ nor my CIT 0520...do you find that normal? We have to call CIC what they are a bunch of incapable lazy workers. It is completely unacceptable that a citizenship application should take of 3 years in. Devant country.
Maybe you should look at my post history. I think the CIC are bunch of incompetent lazy a-holes. I think the whole system is broken. I had to wait 41 months of my oath but I don't think "racism" is the problem here.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree I don't think racism plays a factor here, rather, it is more political than anything. CIC knows that people that have been waiting for years would never vote conservative, that is why they focus more on new applicants. There is also some lazyness involved here at it takes more work to review RQs, passport stamps, etc...

mathlete said:
Maybe you should look at my post history. I think the CIC are bunch of incompetent lazy a-holes. I think the whole system is broken. I had to wait 41 months of my oath but I don't think "racism" is the problem here.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Rayan14 said:
From the number of people I interact with daily who have received baseless RQs.
Our only sin is that we aren't seen through the same prism that say a European immigrant is seen through. The CIC as it stands is a racially biased Union run lazy institution.
European immigrants are screened just as thoroughly. There are enough Europeans and US citizens who receive a RQ, just like me. If CIC was truly a racist institution, why would they allow approx. 250.000 newcomers to Canada every year? The citizenship process is just the last step.
I'm not saying they are a well run agency, but the the accusations that RQs are just handed out to non-whites is a slap in the face of every European an American who received this form. Further, keep in mind that the accusations of racial profiling in CIC and Canada in general you have spread in many of your posts (posting history) are not just completely baseless, they are also an insult to every Canadian and soon-to-be Canadian.
I do encourage you to voice your unfiltered stance on this matter in front of CIC workers and MPs before taking the oath of citizenship.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Rayan14 said:
From the number of people I interact with daily who have received baseless RQs. Our only sin is that we aren't seen through the same prism that say a European immigrant is seen through. The CIC as it stands is a racially biased Union run lazy institution.
I think you need to interact with a more diverse crowd. When I wrote my test at the CIC the invigilator was Jamaican, the guy I interviewed with was Sri Lakan and I would describe the test takers as being from all walks of life. Most applicants are ethnic minorities, therefore most RQs are also, I don't think any of it is disproportional.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if anyone is seeing those numbers processed each month. last year we saw that CIC was publishing 8K or 10K or 15K each month. but I don't see that information being released anymore. Does that mean the number have drastically come down?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They allow 250,000 newcomers every year not because they "love them", it is only because they need them. This country needs immigrants to function, most immigrants do jobs that true canadians don't. This is purely economics and also remember CIC is a money making machine for the Government.

applicant314 said:
European immigrants are screened just as thoroughly. There are enough Europeans and US citizens who receive a RQ, just like me. If CIC was truly a racist institution, why would they allow approx. 250.000 newcomers to Canada every year? The citizenship process is just the last step.
I'm not saying they are a well run agency, but the the accusations that RQs are just handed out to non-whites is a slap in the face of every European an American who received this form. Further, keep in mind that the accusations of racial profiling in CIC and Canada in general you have spread in many of your posts (posting history) are not just completely baseless, they are also an insult to every Canadian and soon-to-be Canadian.
I do encourage you to voice your unfiltered stance on this matter in front of CIC workers and MPs before taking the oath of citizenship.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
They allow 250,000 newcomers every year not because they "love them", it is only because they need them. This country needs immigrants to function, most immigrants do jobs that true canadians don't. This is purely economics and also remember CIC is a money making machine for the Government.
Very well put.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathlete said:
You may be right. However everyone perceives a problem differently. I think CIC as run by Kenney/Alexander et al is a racist, lazy, prejudiced institution. And no matter how many ethnic minorities they employ it doesn't make them less racist. Remember that federal agencies have to abide by employment equity/affirmative action rules and so it doesn't matter who interviews you. The ones who run it at the government level are racially biased IMO.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant314 said:
Are you CIC's public spokesperson now?
Like I said I will get to have a word with Jason 'backlog' Kenney and Chris 'RQ' Alexander on this Thursday. I have told their cronies the same in private and in public and I shall tell these two men the same things to their faces on Thursday. This is still a free country after all.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... Monday sun shine and our hope rise again...let see what this

week bring to us... am waiting almost now 39 months.....

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest, don't get obsessed by CIC... If not this week, in coming weeks or months or years :) we will have your oath invites. Nothing much we can do!. To me personally, I feel I have lived without the Canadian passport for so many years, I can live few more years. :).

It doesn't hamper our ability to live and work in Canada which I think way more important to stay engaged and happy. Anyhow, so on this positive note, have a great week ahead and look forward for another happy and healthy weekend rather then oath.

Cheers.

janoo said:

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Guys please relax, admittedly CIC's snail pace in processing hurting & causing frustration to we all but please use this forum just to share knowledge & as a support system rather than make it free for all battle field. Remember, we all have same goal, get the citizenship.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:

If we were cheese, we would have been processed by now. :))

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Probably most of the forum readers might have already read in today's Toronto Star headline "Immigrants Citizenship rate Plummets" However, for the benefit of those who missed reading here is the link.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html

Griffiths analysis — part of his study being presented at a conference this week — of the impact of the Conservatives’ reforms also suggests that the new version of the citizenship test has adversely affected applicants from visible minorities more than those with European roots.

How the process of Canadian Citizenship has been seriously affected due to certain new rules, which are hurdles in the way to assimilate immigrants. In a way its stopping them participating in the electoral process, buy properties (due to certainties) and seek Federal jobs.

Its just a tip of an iceberg, could be lot more going on behind the scenes to delay and deprive Citizenship to most on some or other pretext.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this could be because of the delay in the processing for 2011 and 2012 applicants. Also may be because of the fee hike, lot of them are delaying........

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably most of the forum readers might have already read in today's Toronto Star headline "Immigrants Citizenship rate Plummets" However, for the benefit of those who missed reading here is the link.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/03/24/canada-faces-dramatic-drop-in-citizenship-prompting-concerns-about-disengaged-immigrants.html

Griffiths analysis — part of his study being presented at a conference this week — of the impact of the Conservatives' reforms also suggests that the new version of the citizenship test has adversely affected applicants from visible minorities more than those with European roots.

How the process of Canadian Citizenship has been seriously affected due to certain new rules, which are hurdles in the way to assimilate immigrants. In a way its stopping them participating in the electoral process, buy properties (due to certainties) and seek Federal jobs.

Its just a tip of an iceberg, could be lot more going on behind the scenes to delay and deprive Citizenship to most on some or other pretext.