RQnightmare said:
Here is my story for those outhere waiting for an update on their case:

January 2012 - Application Received
March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted
Absoulute silence while my File was getting dust
January 2015 - ATIP Received
March 2015 - Case Especific Inquiry

After waiting for 36 months, I finally decided to ask for ATIP last January. ATIP showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much my File was stored somewhere in a lost cabinet getting dust and only checked by CIC raccoons and squirrels, which probably were crying or laughing at my case.

I strongly believe asking for ATIP helped CIC officials to realize my File was lost in 2012-Forgotten Applicants cabinet. Right after that I filed out CIC Case Specific Form online for those 'non-routine' applications, CIC came back to me to let me know my File was recently submitted to CIC Scarborough office for Oath ceremony schedule.

eCAS hasn't been updated yet. Long story short: get your ATIP and fill the Case Specific Form online once your processing waiting time exceeds the 36 months period.

CIC has left 2011-2012 applications way behind their priorities and right now are giving extra time to process 2014-2015 citizenship applications. My neighbor applied in August 2014 and got his Citizenship in February 2015... niceeeeee !!!!!....
When was your case assigned to an officer in St. Claire (does it show in your ATIP)?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depending on the timing of your ATIP order it should definitely show up on the ATIP report. Remember ATIP reports are printed usually the date following your order, not the day you receive it, so by the time you receive it it may not reflect the most current information.

walrus189 said:
When was your case assigned to an officer in St. Claire (does it show in your ATIP)?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I have used the case specific site a few times but on both occasions they came back with very vague answers. They did not even mention the fact that my file was assigned to an officer back in January.
Did they tell you why you had to submit that CIT form after your test? What happened to your RQ?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
djoli said:
Depending on the timing of your ATIP order it should definitely show up on the ATIP report. Remember ATIP reports are printed usually the date following your order, not the day you receive it, so by the time you receive it it may not reflect the most current information.
Absolutely correct and I was too surprised. Its illogical to send the report a month after generating it, as it loses the relevancy to its users.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
hello everyone,
I see an update on my cic application status, it says a letter was sent out on march 20th this is after receiving the documents from cit 520. strangely the call center does not see this update. anyone else see this update?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
hello everyone,
I see an update on my cic application status, it says a letter was sent out on march 20th this is after receiving the documents from cit 520. strangely the call center does not see this update. anyone else see this update?
Hopefully you will have some good news to share with us. If they sent you letter on 20th March, you should have received it by now.

Wish you all the best.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Hopefully you will have some good news to share with us. If they sent you letter on 20th March, you should have received it by now.

Wish you all the best.
It seems like they requested more information. no idea why cic call center cannot see that letter was sent out. has anyone experienced this?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
It seems like they requested more information. no idea why cic call center cannot see that letter was sent out. has anyone experienced this?
Yes but not with the same issue. Most of the time CIC call center agents are not helpful and don't give out much info if they don't have to. As if they're instructed to torture those who dare calling them.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.

Yes after I submitted e mail to case management I received a letter
stating that my file assigned to officer and once the review finish next step
will be advise ??

I received this latter last week dated March 16.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
Who informed you that letter was sent to you. My concerned CIC is so dis-functional, they may blame you later for not responding or attending if its Oath ceremony. Try to get the details from Call center or send immediately a registered letter to CIC to keep a record.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
hello everyone,
Same here, ecas indicates a letter was sent, but call-centre agent didn't see any indication of such letter in the system. Sometimes I wonder, if call center agents even have access to the CIC files. Looks like they just tell stories...

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call Center folks are completely useless, they have no clues as to what is going on so they cannot even give accurate information in most cases, what a waste! Usually when CIC sends you a letter it either to tell you you case is pending or they are requesting additional information under CIT0520.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Knowing the way CIC operates, dont take any chances send a registered letter to CIC stating that you getting such conflicting information & ask for clarification.

From my own experience, one of my family member got 8 months delayed as CIC blamed them for not responding though they never received any letter from CIC.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why is CIC even corresponding to applicants through the use of regular mail? we live in the 21st century so why can't they just email people? This is not only a waste of money and time for everybody, it is also designed to disqualify the maximum number of people. They always give you 30 days to respond to their communication when they can take up to 3 years to review your documents, not making any sense.
I hope in the future CIC will just stop communicating with people by way of regular mail. What will happen when the post office will stop delivering mail to people? why not just email people or sometimes even call them?

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Knowing the way CIC operates, dont take any chances send a registered letter to CIC stating that you getting such conflicting information & ask for clarification.

From my own experience, one of my family member got 8 months delayed as CIC blamed them for not responding though they never received any letter from CIC.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
zhading said:
Same here, ecas indicates a letter was sent, but call-centre agent didn't see any indication of such letter in the system. Sometimes I wonder, if call center agents even have access to the CIC files. Looks like they just tell stories...
I don't think its the oath letter because it says "if you have not yet provided the requested documents please do so immediately". zhading what does it say in your case?