+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means an officer can now review your file and if they are satisfied with it they can approve it immediately. Unfortunately in most cases the officers request additional information under CIT0520 as they do not have time to review the original RQ. Usually it takes an officer 2 to 3 months to review a file. Good luck!

QAI said:
hi janoo
i learned today that an officer was assigned to my file. what does this mean?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Qai..

My file under officer under review since November 2014.. I have given them

all the documents which I have and I can provide I have nothing else other than

what I have given. i.e. health record, CBSA record, tax assessment, flight ticket

boarding passes, complete passport translation into English etc.. home ownership

bills car ownership, insurance , bank , credit card statements etc..

now waiting for officer approval ?

WHAT IS YOUR TIME LINE.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
It means an officer can now review your file and if they are satisfied with it they can approve it immediately. Unfortunately in most cases the officers request additional information under CIT0520 as they do not have time to review the original RQ. Usually it takes an officer 2 to 3 months to review a file. Good luck!
Are you sure this is somewhat common to receive second RQ? I just had a look at CIT0520 form and it does look quite similar to what my wife have received in 2012. Well I don't remember exactly what was the form, but the list of requested documents is the same as in CIT0520. I don't really see how requesting a new RQ can be less time consuming than just reviewing what's on file.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi : Zahding..

Forward what ever documents you have and prepare covering letter

that you have already forwarded the doucments.

my file is with the officer since November 2014, now my P.R card also

renewed,my health card and driving license under renewal...

at moment my case pending since 39 months... let see what they

do with my application..

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Zhading it is common for people to receive a second RQ, quite a few people have reported this. What your wife received back in 2012 was CIT171 which is the original RQ that most of us received during the same time frame. I believe CIC has now realized that it would take forever to review the original RQs as people have sent tons of documents, so they are instead now issuing CIT0520 which is basically a smaller version of CIT171.
My file has been with an officer since January 2015 and he has already come back twice asking for additional documents.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Probably CIC got some specific quota for granting Citizenship from each country or ethnic backgrounds. Till then, they unnecessary drag the process by asking same details which they might have already obtained initially. Its all dirty tricks to prolong the process.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi : Zahding..
Forward what ever documents you have and prepare covering letter
that you have already forwarded the doucments.
my file is with the officer since November 2014, now my P.R card also
renewed,my health card and driving license under renewal...
at moment my case pending since 39 months... let see what they
do with my application..
Agree, I am definitely not going to collect this heap of documents again, it costs money after all. I had to pay for the translation of passport stamps and some other documents twice. For this stupid RQ, and for renewing PR 2 years ago. And I have a lot of stamps. They have more than enough documents.

djoli said:
Yes, Zhading it is common for people to receive a second RQ, quite a few people have reported this. What your wife received back in 2012 was CIT171 which is the original RQ that most of us received during the same time frame. I believe CIC has now realized that it would take forever to review the original RQs as people have sent tons of documents, so they are instead now issuing CIT0520 which is basically a smaller version of CIT171.
My file has been with an officer since January 2015 and he has already come back twice asking for additional documents.
I didn't closely track these topics here, so thanks for clarifying. This is not inspiring for sure... Anyway need to wait for that letter to arrive and see what's inside. Can't believe this is happening in Canada. This is truly despicable...

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably CIC got some specific quota for granting Citizenship from each country or ethnic backgrounds. Till then, they unnecessary drag the process by asking same details which they might have already obtained initially. Its all dirty tricks to prolong the process.
I really doubt that, it should have leaked to the media by now, most certainly. It is just pure ordinary lack of proper planning and managing skills in the first place, when they decided to go for "fraud crackdown". Put zero motivation and old familiar incompetence on top of that, and here we are. It is the most powerful combination in the world, believe me ;D

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I already provided them with citc 520. no idea what cic's next move will be... i think they have everything now.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't we all sign an actual protest letter and send/email it to (the Ministerial level and the St. Clair) them.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And a quick question:

What happens when an applicant's RCMP clearance expires? I suppose the CIC requests another one. So how long does that take? Couple of weeks? Another set of finger prints may be needed?

Thx

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
And a quick question:

What happens when an applicant's RCMP clearance expires? I suppose the CIC requests another one. So how long does that take? Couple of weeks? Another set of finger prints may be needed?

Thx
I guess you are right, once your file reaches closer to the decision point, CIC get those clearances renewed from the concerned agencies and it could be much faster than first time.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Why don't we all sign an actual protest letter and send/email it to (the Ministerial level and the St. Clair) them.
Not sure about efficiency of these collective letters, but this is what I am going to do.
1.write a letter to my MP, expressing concerns about unreasonable processing times, duplicated requests, and how taxpayers money are wasted on that (also I want to mention that notorious 44 million dollars assigned in 2013 to CIC to fix this citizenship backlog in 2 years)
2.write a letter to the Deputy Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
3.write a letter to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
4.write a letter to the Leader of the Opposition, expressing my concerns about how government wastes taxpayers money and effectively denying lots of people from voting.

Not sure if that will help or not though...