+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontariomaple said:
1. Did anybody here had a note on ATIP saying "File held for further review/analysis" and got an oath afterwards?
I've passed test on 20-February 2014 and have an ATIP Note "File held for further review/analysis" dated on June 17th 2014.
Nothing has happened since then (no decision, nothing).
2. What will happen once FOSS Clearance get expired? Mine would be expired in 1 month.
Would it be renewed automatically?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Application Received: 13-June 2012
Processing started: 22-Nov 2012
RQ sent back: 15-Jan 2013
Citizenship test: 20-February 2014 @ St Clair
Local Office: Scarborough
Oath: Soon
It is outrageously unfair and grotesque to wait for more than 36 months when new applicants can get their citizenship in months. This seems like 'discrimination' to me. Wish there were legal ways to force Harper govt to fix this mess and force them to stop discriminating against 2011-2012 applicants

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
ontariomaple said:
1. Did anybody here had a note on ATIP saying "File held for further review/analysis" and got an oath afterwards?
I've passed test on 20-February 2014 and have an ATIP Note "File held for further review/analysis" dated on June 17th 2014.
2. What will happen once FOSS Clearance get expired? Mine would be expired in 1 month.
As they sent you RQ in 2013 they were not able to clear their questions during the test interview. Then, when they returned to your file in June/2014 the questions that they have remained an answered and this is why they put it for further review/analysis. What questions they have? only you knows that. These questions sometimes results in the issuance of the Request for Additional Document CIT00520. In this request they will specify what other proves they need. Nothing any one of us can do other than waiting as we are the unlucky ones of 2011 and 2012 applicants. I hope you will see the oath letter very soon.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure, file for WoM, pay $3000. Have a decision made within one month. Here's my timeline, I should have a pro-bono case for someone to file for me...
APP RECD NOV.2009
PROCD SEPT.2010
FILE TRANSFRD ST.CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2ND RQ REQUEST JULY 2014
2ND RQ RECVD SEPT 2014

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meeru said:
Sure, file for WoM, pay $3000. Have a decision made within one month. Here's my timeline, I should have a pro-bono case for someone to file for me...
APP RECD NOV.2009
PROCD SEPT.2010
FILE TRANSFRD ST.CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2ND RQ REQUEST JULY 2014
2ND RQ RECVD SEPT 2014
My goodness. What happened? This is so scary.

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Finally dream became true. It was a long journy but I made it .
First of all thanks to GOD for being with me all time. Next I would like
to thank all forum members for all the great ideas and advise I considered
in finalizing my citizeship. now my wife, childred and I are proud citizens.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
samjohns22 said:
Please share your timeline.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
samjohns22 said:
in finalizing my citizenship. now my wife, children and I are proud citizens.
Hearty Congrats, I'm very happy for you.

raojee

May 15, 2012
Hi

I got test and interview on 16/12/2014 and the lady conducting interview asked for the passport expired even before my first landing in 2004 (my passport issued in 2004 have noting the previous cancelled passport is attached due to valid visa, which also expired couple of months after issuance of new passport)

As my previous passport was expired before my landing in to Canada and nothing to do with my stay in Canada, therefore neither carried that old passport issued in 2009 and expired in 2004 nor submitted to CIC at the time of submitting documents in response to RQ. As that was irrelevant.

I moved to Canada in June 2008 and since then living here.

Now I found that passport can show to CIC. I have two questions, if someone can guide me:

1- Should I send copies of passport with reference to interview question or wait for their further response/ next step?
2- In case I want send it, is it possible to go directly to Saint Claire office and show them original passport or send it by mail?

appreciate if someone can guide me in this regard.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
samjohns22 said:
Congratulations! Can you please give back to this forum by sharing your timeline and how did you knew that your file was approved for the first time?? Thanks again

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
raojee said:
Hi

I got test and interview on 16/12/2014 and the lady conducting interview asked for the passport expired even before my first landing in 2004 (my passport issued in 2004 have noting the previous cancelled passport is attached due to valid visa, which also expired couple of months after issuance of new passport)

As my previous passport was expired before my landing in to Canada and nothing to do with my stay in Canada, therefore neither carried that old passport issued in 2009 and expired in 2004 nor submitted to CIC at the time of submitting documents in response to RQ. As that was irrelevant.

I moved to Canada in June 2008 and since then living here.

Now I found that passport can show to CIC. I have two questions, if someone can guide me:

1- Should I send copies of passport with reference to interview question or wait for their further response/ next step?
2- In case I want send it, is it possible to go directly to Saint Claire office and show them original passport or send it by mail?

appreciate if someone can guide me in this regard.
Probably the first option is most appropriate and your best attempt to dodge the dreaded "Post interview RQ".

Under the RQ (Pre & Post) pretext, CIC had been wasting lives of candidates for years on the back burner without deciding either way.

Hope & pray you dont have to undergo the torture of being put on back burner.

raojee

May 15, 2012
Thanks for reply. Is there any option to deliver/ show original document to same interviewing officer directly, instead of sending through mail.?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
raojee said:
Thanks for reply. Is there any option to deliver/ show original document to same interviewing officer directly, instead of sending through mail.?
Well, I have no idea if immigration officials got time or courtesy to afford you another opportunity to verify all your documents.

Instead of waiting months for CIC to ask the same question, be proactive take a chance to avoid the "Post Interview RQ", send notarized copies by Courier (with proof of delivery) of all doc's that you had failed to present during last interview.

Its chance worth taking, either CIC may accept it & process your application or may ask you either the same or another set of questions.

You have nothing to lose, on the contrary if they accepted the doc's that saves your months.

jwzc

Jul 17, 2014
ontariomaple said:
I am same as your situation. I had the test on January 30 but nothing happens from then.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Dear Forum readers, please advise / share your experience on the following.

1) Does it means, the file is approved if its transferred to Scarborough
2) Assuming its approved & transferred to Scarborough, what's average weeks / days its takes to get Oath invitation ?

Appreciate your inputs on this please.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Forum readers, please advise / share your experience on the following.

1) Does it means, the file is approved if its transferred to Scarborough
2) Assuming its approved & transferred to Scarborough, what's average weeks / days its takes to get Oath invitation ?

Appreciate your inputs on this please.
Hi Canadiandesi2006- What's going on!!! Look like you heard something. Let's know.