Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
I only have 2 options

1) Wait
2) File for 'Mandamus' - at the moment I am not in the financial position to file (requires atleast $4000)

Hope the misery is over soon!
Seeking help from media and/or writing a letter directly to the Immigration Ministry may be your third option.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done both...
Wrote to the Media and also Wrote to the Ministry...No positive result

dossip said:
Seeking help from media and/or writing a letter directly to the Immigration Ministry may be your third option.

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Guys I will have my oath ceremony by 11th June but I Jude heard about new headache they are making for us and call it bill c-24 for now has anyone any idea about it? It is like they are making different between us and prople who born here! That's sucks really I hope thus bill will not pass, it is so racism rule :(

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Horizon92 said:
Guys I will have my oath ceremony by 11th June but I Jude heard about new headache they are making for us and call it bill c-24 for now has anyone any idea about it? It is like they are making different between us and people who born here! That's sucks really I hope thus bill will not pass, it is so racism rule :(
First of all, Congrats for getting your Oath invitation !!!

Yes, Canadian bill C-24 is designed to put all naturalized Canadian Citizens in very vulnerable position. In a nutshell its tough to get Canadian Citizenship, instead of current 3-4 years it could take 6-8 years or long. It will make it much easier for any official to revoke your Canadian Citizenship without option to challenge that in court of law. One entrance door to Canada and hundreds exit doors to go.

Obviously this bill is an open racism, targeting only the naturalized citizens. The Government may one or other pretext can throw any one out of the country by muffling the voices of millions of naturalized citizens. By excluding the born Citizens implying the White Majority, there will be no opposition to whatever government does, as naturalized citizens would fear to open mouth the government reprisal. Is this North Korean's influence on government ???

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Yes, Canadian bill C-24 is designed to put all naturalized Canadian Citizens in very vulnerable position. In a nutshell its tough to get Canadian Citizenship, instead of current 3-4 years it could take 6-8 years or long. It will make it much easier for any official to revoke your Canadian Citizenship without option to challenge that in court of law. One entrance door to Canada and hundreds exit doors to go.

Obviously this bill is an open racism, targeting only the naturalized citizens. The Government may one or other pretext can throw any one out of the country by muffling the voices of millions of naturalized citizens. By excluding the born Citizens implying the White Majority, there will be no opposition to whatever government does, as naturalized citizens would fear to open mouth the government reprisal. Is this North Korean's influence on government ???
Well for now I am living here , but who knows if I get a job with better salary for my future some where out if canada ? What I gave to do? I should survive with lower salary just because I didn't born here ? It is just an example but for anyone can happen to go back home or somewhere else with diff reasons . It is just absolutely an open racism in canada . I can't believe it, we landed here for human rights and now these issues are just stupid !

Ayanami

Mar 24, 2014
Bonjour friends!
Well today the immigration tried to call me
3x and unfortunately I missed the call and
Not even a single voice mail.
Do you think it is something very important?
Should I call them back on Monday?
I am confused.

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Well, first of all, I see this bill not passing in the parliament, at least until significant amendments as it in direct conflict with some of our major constitutional rights. Secondly, and someone else can confirm here, it may not apply to those who became Canadian BEFORE the bill became law (Not retro-effective), thirdly, unless you have commited serious crime, like war crimes/ crime against humanity etc, I don't think this will be a major headache. As for the "duel citizenship" aspect, I am not very clear, but again, the bill says:
providing for the revocation of citizenship of dual citizens who, while they were Canadian citizens, engaged in certain actions contrary to the national interest of Canada, and permanently barring these individuals from reacquiring citizenship;
So, if you are not doing anything bad, you should not worry.
Anyway, regardless of what it is I hope this controversial bill, if it ever even becomes a law, does not affect those who have become citizens before the bill's passing.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
dossip said:
Well, first of all, I see this bill not passing in the parliament, at least until significant amendments as it in direct conflict with some of our major constitutional rights. Secondly, and someone else can confirm here, it may not apply to those who became Canadian BEFORE the bill became law (Not retro-effective), thirdly, unless you have commited serious crime, like war crimes/ crime against humanity etc, I don't think this will be a major headache. As for the "duel citizenship" aspect, I am not very clear, but again, I hope this controversial bill, if it ever even becomes a law, does not affect those who have become citizens before the bill's passing.
Accepted the bill C-24 is quite. By excluding the born citizens, the bill would not have opposition rather passive approval from rest of all.

Some are most disturbing clauses, one such immigration officials would be empowered to revoke Citizenship and that cannot be challenged in the court. Baring major crimes which does not deserve any mercy. However, at times even innocent people were entrapped by overzealous security agencies or private individuals if they are rewarded with citizenship, they put anybody in trouble.

More ever, if naturalized citizens are insecure, they may NOT buy properties. If there are no jobs and they cannot go outside the countries fearing citizenship been revoked, it will create host of problems for everyone including country's economy. Hope better sense prevail on the lawmakers.

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
I am agree with you guys , however I believe there should be no different between citizens , we are all same , we I mean we are doing our oath these days and other Canadians like senators , prime minister and others who their before generation had their oath long time age

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
Ayanami said:
Bonjour friends!
I am confused.

Of course you should call them. Some got urgent invitation for oath by Phone !!! Let us know.....

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Kakaji said:
Of course you should call them. Some got urgent invitation for oath by Phone !!! Let us know.....
About the urgent phone calls hehe do they show up as an unknown number?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Ayanami said:
Bonjour friends!
I am confused.
If the call was from CIC folks probably it an invitation for the Oath Ceremony. That's good news and wish you all the best !!!
Unless there was a voice mail or missed call (you not mentioned) showed caller ID as CIC , how do you know call was indeed from CIC ?

Without been skeptical, knowing our desperate wait for Oath letter, hope somebody did not make prank calls. Hope I'm wrong on this.

We will be very happy if that call was indeed from CIC for your Oath Ceremony. Pls remember to share details once you speak to CIC. :)

Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another week gone and no test date.
First month I was excited to get my oath letter.
2 months later, i become anxious and impatient.
Three months later- i was frustrated and angry
Approaching 4th month- no feelings, no more excitement . I just wana get the hell over with it. So that I can move on. :-\

Ayanami

Mar 24, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
If the call was from CIC folks probably it an invitation for the Oath Ceremony. That's good news and wish you all the best !!!
Unless there was a voice mail or missed call (you not mentioned) showed caller ID as CIC , how do you know call was indeed from CIC ?

Without been skeptical, knowing our desperate wait for Oath letter, hope somebody did not make prank calls. Hope I'm wrong on this.

We will be very happy if that call was indeed from CIC for your Oath Ceremony. Pls remember to share details once you speak to CIC. :)

Canadiandesi2006 said:

The caller ID says: Citizenship& Imm

and hopefully it's the invitation for the Oath.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Horizon92 said:
Guys I will have my oath ceremony by 11th June but I Jude heard about new headache they are making for us and call it bill c-24 for now has anyone any idea about it? It is like they are making different between us and prople who born here! That's sucks really I hope thus bill will not pass, it is so racism rule :(
does that bill pose a problem for current applicants ?