+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats what I was told when I spoke to the cic agent on May 27th. She told me that my test result was updated on May 26th and I do not require judge hearing. Infact she congratulated me aswell. When I called again on Friday, a very polite cic agent gave me a detailed update on my file. She said that "Madam ( woah she called me maa'm ? :p she sure was polite) , your case has been approved by the citizenship judge on May 26th. Now, your file is at Scarbrough office and you will get the oath invitation any day so do NOT travel." When cic agents say that we don NOT require judge hearing that means WE ARE GOOD TO GO FOR OATH ;D . I know I will be getting oath any day but, I have plans for summer vacations. Once I will get the citizenship certificate, I then will apply for passport. God knows how many more days of never ending wait ??? Good luck to all Rq St claire victims.

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Yes I was told by CIC and I think they do have access to all the notes on files, she told me that the judge has granted the decision, but I just don't know why they don't send the pink letter out.

Ps. My office is scarborough and I have noticed that a lot of st clair applicants get their oath at scarborough, so that might cause a delay for the scarborough applicants.

I don't know. What do you all think?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
waitingsucks said:
Thats what I was told when I spoke to the cic agent on May 27th. She told me that my test result was updated on May 26th and I do not require judge hearing. Infact she congratulated me aswell. When I called again on Friday, a very polite cic agent gave me a detailed update on my file. She said that "Madam ( woah she called me maa'm ? :p she sure was polite) , your case has been approved by the citizenship judge on May 26th. Now, your file is at Scarbrough office and you will get the oath invitation any day so do NOT travel." When cic agents say that we don NOT require judge hearing that means WE ARE GOOD TO GO FOR OATH ;D . I know I will be getting oath any day but, I have plans for summer vacations. Once I will get the citizenship certificate, I then will apply for passport. god knows how many more days of never ending wait ??? Good luck to all Rq St claire victims.

From this forum users comments, who ever been informed their results are updated they got the Oath letters in a week or so. Have you checked the CIC Online system if they uploaded that on system ?. That's very encouraging and good news.

Oath Ceremonies for candidates from Scarborough and St.Claire Offices are been held at Scarborough Offices Only. Possibly that causes lot of backlog, scheduling nightmares. Resulting, candidates from St.Claire suffering long delays & sequencing here is just unpredictable.

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Yes i have been checking my online status but the last thing that it shows is that i received a letter for my test.

I hope i receive my letter soon for the oath, because i have to travel at the end of the summer. Please pray for me.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes thats EXACTLY what I was told. According to a very polite CIC agent, it's all about scheduling me for the oath ceremony as they have alot of ppl in the que. As far as ECAS is concerned, it sucks :( I am checking it twice an hour, and every single time I see "IN PROCESS" I feel depressed. My last update on ecas is about test invitation. It's been two weeks since a CIC agent gave me the green signal to get an oath invitaton..Let's see when will I get the pink letter. I will update you guys .....

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
waitingsucks said:
Yes thats EXACTLY what I was told. According to a very polite CIC agent, it's all about scheduling me for the oath ceremony as they have alot of ppl in the que. As far as ECAS is concerned, it sucks :( I am checking it twice an hour, and every single time I see "IN PROCESS" I feel depressed. My last update on ecas is about test invitation. It's been two weeks since a CIC agent gave me the green signal to get an oath invitaton..Let's see when will I get the pink letter. I will update you guys .....
I can't remember where I picked it up exactly but I am quite sure I saw this somewhere on CIC website that "ECAS would normally get an update on Tuesdays", once per week...so no need to stress yourself on it.

babariz

Mar 30, 2014
BalajiR said:
Well let's hope it's something simple and doesn't take too much time. I've never heard this kind of update. I'll update as soon as I have the actual letter.

Thanks

Hi Balaji Hope everything will be OK and i sincerely pray for you take care..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
waitingsucks said:

Its noticed on this forum once the judge approves the file, Oath ceremony invitations are received in the same week. Still its better to check the status online on CIC site.

Scarborough Offices conducts common Oath ceremonies for candidates from Scarborough & St.Claire. Quite possible, the Scarborough candidates allotted more and few seats in charity to the St.Claire candidates for each Oath Ceremony.

That explains why candidates from the Scarborough Offices comparatively getting their Oath letters much quicker than candidates from St.Claire. Most of the candidates from St.Claire end up waiting months for Oath letters, like the ticket been picked from some lottery box.

Logically ONLY after verification of their doc's & RQ, candidates are called for the Citizenship test. Ideally, the candidate pass date be used to schedule the Oath date. It could be more logical & predictable sequence for oath ceremonies than complete haphazard way.

As far the candidates from St.Claire office, its just unpredictable when we can get our Oath letter, so far it defies any sequence logic....

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
SuperDude said:
I can't remember where I picked it up exactly but I am quite sure I saw this somewhere on CIC website that "ECAS would normally get an update on Tuesdays", once per week...so no need to stress yourself on it.
Yes, you are correct. If I'm NOT mistaken I remember reading somewhere on CIC site that every Tuesday they update the files.

latino33

Jun 4, 2014
waitingsucks said:
Thanks a lot waitingsucks for the information, I felt relaxed after reading your post. the agent didn't mention to me that my application was approved, just she said:" NO JUDGE HEARING REQUIRED". I am from Hamilton, RQ and test in Scarborough, is your local office St. Clair? I hope you get the oath letter in few days.

waitingsucks

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My local office is SCarbrough because thats where my file is at the moment after CJ's approval. However, I was tested at St.Claire. Btw, I wrote my test on February 21st and my interview went really smooth. I was NEVER asked about any thing neither she took any photo copies of my passport, infact when I asked the interviewer about the reason of my pre test RQ she said it was because I still have property back home. Well thats weird eh! What if we don't want to sell our property :p Other then that the interview was more like an informal convo and we finished the thing within 5 minutes. I was told that I would get my oath within 2-4 months. It;s been 2 weeks already since I was informed about judge's decision. I ahven't recieved any letter yet neither my ecas got updated. I wish I will get my oath invitation asap as my pr card got expired, and I don't know how long it will take to get my Canadian passport . Guys please pray for me as I really want to meet my mother back home as she is sick :(

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Folks by end of next I will complete 4 months since I did the test and no oath letter no any other reqiurments!! It's really worrisome!!! Mississauga office and my file still in there but no news?