+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
Dossip - you may want to update your signature indicating Oath date :)

I think when you get Oath depends on the individual officer that was assigned to your case. Officer could have have gone on vacation or gotten distracted or kept file in a pile to follow-up on it and then forgot about it or may just have been plain lazy (who knows).

I think majority of officers (say, 3 out of 5) are pretty well organized and remain on top of their work load. But some might have gotten distracted and as a result their cases (our cases) end up remaining on their to-do list for a while.
Done :)
You are absolutely right, its partially human error. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Enjoy life, and keep this issue in the back burner, one day you will get the letter.

star200

Mar 28, 2014
dossip said:
Done :)
You are absolutely right, its partially human error. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Enjoy life, and keep this issue in the back burner, one day you will get the letter.
Congratulation to you and your wife, is her online status updated now? when was the last time you called CIC and what did they tell you?

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Hello, my wife made a call today and she got unclear response as we have been waiting for 3.5 months for the oath she was told that applications may take up to 36 months! So she asked him if we have been giving a RQ the answer was not! He said maybe we are going to receive fingerprint or Border report or oath letter?? So he left us in complete confusion about what happened? Did anyone receive such am answer before folks please?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
So Concerned said:
Hello, my wife made a call today and she got unclear response as we have been waiting for 3.5 months for the oath she was told that applications may take up to 36 months! So she asked him if we have been giving a RQ the answer was not! He said maybe we are going to receive fingerprint or Border report or oath letter?? So he left us in complete confusion about what happened? Did anyone receive such am answer before folks please?
Last week I called the CIC, the agent's answer was quite vague. She told even if you had the test, oath ceremony could take up to 36 months or more. Clearly, these agents are intentionally giving such answers to stop people calling them.

Probably, readers on this forum have fairly better idea about progress of the running dates than agents. Some of the readers on this forum had agents in the morning were asked to wait for 6 months but on the same day they got their Oath letters.

CIC call center is a total disconnect from their own back office, doing a disservice to helpless callers.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Many thanks for this clarification Canadinadesi2006. I really hope they will be an end to this game it's really overwhelming us...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Call center agents are as irresponsible as the CIC organization (Oh... I meant disorganization) with absolute no accountability at all for their actions. Months after passing the Citizenship tests, the online status still show "In Process", They can show "Passed, expected x weeks for Oath Ceremony....at least an indicative date.

When lead pencils were used to write the test. It meant for the scanners to read test scripts & automatically update the system. It 40 years old technology, for Heavens Sake !!! It should NOT take months, unless they are lazy to put the scripts in to the scanner too.

Well, still 29 more Oath Ceremonies scheduled for Jun'14 at Scarborough location. Folks, we got every reason to stay positive Grin Grin Grin

Candidates who had attended Oath ceremonies can you please tell approx' how many candidates were there in each such Oath Ceremony.

latino33

Jun 4, 2014
So Concerned said:
a friend of mine took her 4 months to get the oath, she wrote the test in January, for the whole period she was told no ting about the status of her file,she made a call last week on Tuesday and the agent told her that no oath scheduled for her and the only thing is that her test results were uploaded a week ago only, on Thursday she got the oath in the mail.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Many thanks Latino33 as canadiandesi2006 mentioned that we are more helpful to each other than some of the CIC officers as we only feel the pain of the waiting game .. I appreciate your input and I will stay optimistic as we all should till we see the results.

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello guys, do you mean that some agents could give you false statements. and the case will be completely in a different path

dossip

Jun 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
star200 said:
Congratulation to you and your wife, is her online status updated now? when was the last time you called CIC and what did they tell you?
Thanks Star200, my wife's ecas got updated now.

For those who are worried about the lingering time on RQ, here is my own personal case:

For me, the total time between my Application date and Oath date was 15 months 5 days and I did not get any RQ - it was a routine application in Scarborough Office (Oath: March 2012)
For my wife, the total time between her Application date to Oath date is 14 months 25 days and she got RQ ! (Same office)

So looks like things are getting faster overall, albeit in slower pace... when we got the RQ for my wife, I was under the impression that she will need to wait for couple of years ! - so all, please don't get frustrated, you all will get your letter soon.

As for Daktrader's case, you should take some necessary step as your wait time is outrageous !

Thanks.

kc2500

Oct 7, 2013
RQ in 2013, test on Feb, 13, 2014. Called CIC several times, with the same answer, so spoke to my MP who called CIC and they told him that I will have to go for an Interview with a Judge, I just have to wait for the letter.

I called CIC again and asked "if the judge has reviewed my file", they said that all they can see in their system is that my test results has been uploaded and they know nothing else.

I think I am the only FEB Test taker who has not got the oath letter in the forum.

Anyone in the same boat.

moosh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc2500 said:
RQ in 2013, test on Feb, 13, 2014. Called CIC several times, with the same answer, so spoke to my MP who called CIC and they told him that I will have to go for an Interview with a Judge, I just have to wait for the letter.

I called CIC again and asked "if the judge has reviewed my file", they said that all they can see in their system is that my test results has been uploaded and they know nothing else.

I think I am the only FEB Test taker who has not got the oath letter in the forum.

Anyone in the same boat.
You're not the only one. God willing this wait will be over soon for all of us.

baruma7

Jun 6, 2014
I am new here. Read a lot this forum, decided to share our experience for those who might be in the same situation.

Applied 2 adults and two kids in July 2012.
Started processing - February 2013
RQ for me (wife) received - April 2013
RQ submitted - May 2013
Notice to prepare for test - January 2014
1st Test at St. Clair - March 27, 2014 (husband failed the test. Because of him me and my kids cannot receive oath, RQ cases family gos together)

2nd Test at Mississauga - June 4, 2014
Invitation for Oath - June 4, 2014 (same day)
Oath - June 9, 2014

Finally our long journey is over. On Monday we become Canadians.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all !!!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only have 2 options

1) Wait
2) File for 'Mandamus' - at the moment I am not in the financial position to file (requires atleast $4000)

Hope the misery is over soon!

dossip said:
As for Daktrader's case, you should take some necessary step as your wait time is outrageous !

Thanks.

JTM

Jul 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc2500 said:

Anyone in the same boat.
kc2500, you are not the only FEB Test taker who hasn't received the oath letter! In fact, only 14 people out of 31 Feb test takers in this forum have received their oath letters. So a lot of people are in the same boat.