+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
St Clair said:
Bad news guys, i got RQ after 3 months waiting for oath invite :(
Sorry to hear that St Clair. A friend of mine also had got RQ & Fingerprint request after the test.
You didn't get RQ before the test?

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
SHAWN19700 said:
st clair , you have to wait for another one year to possess RQ
How do you know he should wait for 1 year? I sent back my RQ in August and they sent mail to prepare for written exam in January, which means the processing and making a decision took 5 month or less. This is my idea.

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
I don't even care anymore, i was only out of the country for less than 20 days, so i don't know why am getting this RQ after 3 months of passing the test.
A friend of mine was outside the country for almost 60 days and had his test at Mississauga last Saturday and got oath letter for this Friday

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
After silently reading this topic for a couple of weeks, I'm joining the conversation here. Passed the test on Jan 27 (seems to be the first day when pre-test RQers were called in, following the wave of notices to prepare, received in early January). Officer's feedback was what seemed to be normal: 3-6 months for the decision to be made by the CJ. Called CIC on Feb 10th and found out that my file had been referred to the CJ three days before, so it took CIC two weeks to prepare the file for the judge. Call centre agent referred to 36 month processing time, advising me to call back in June 2015:) Keep waiting... Oh, one question for you, my almost-processed fellows: does anybody know if the oath date has anything to do with the background checks expiration date?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
St Clair said:
I don't even care anymore, i was only out of the country for less than 20 days, so i don't know why am getting this RQ after 3 months of passing the test.
A friend of mine was outside the country for almost 60 days and had his test at Mississauga last Saturday and got oath letter for this Friday
Life is not fair some times. Hold on to it. Think like this that its not your stop yet to get off the boat. But you sure do have your stop ;D

bdutta

Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I SENT MY RQ ON THE END OF OCTOBER, 2013 AND THEY SENT LETTER TO WRITE TEST ON FAB 10,2014. HOWEVER, NOW I AM WAITING FOR THE OATH LETTER. BY THE WAY , ANYONE HERE WHO HAD TEST THE FAB 10 AND GOT OATH LETTER YET?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twocats said:
After silently reading this topic for a couple of weeks, I'm joining the conversation here. Passed the test on Jan 27 (seems to be the first day when pre-test RQers were called in, following the wave of notices to prepare, received in early January). Officer's feedback was what seemed to be normal: 3-6 months for the decision to be made by the CJ. Called CIC on Feb 10th and found out that my file had been referred to the CJ three days before, so it took CIC two weeks to prepare the file for the judge. Call centre agent referred to 36 month processing time, advising me to call back in June 2015:) Keep waiting... Oh, one question for you, my almost-processed fellows: does anybody know if the oath date has anything to do with the background checks expiration date?
I think that's a great sign that CJ is now reviewing - I had test on Jan 29 so let's hope for some good news soon!

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
The fact that the file has been referred to the judge means that it is on the review shelf. St Clair produces 300 post-testers a day...

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my timeline:
Applied - 2012 December
In process - 2013 January
PQ - 2013 August
Test - 2014, February 13 - St. Clair
Waiting for Oath :)

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
St Clair said:
Bad news guys, i got RQ after 3 months waiting for oath invite :(
I passed the test 2 days after St Clair and also got RQ.

This just pisses me off - I lived in Canada for 10 years, had a steady job in Canada all this time, own a house in Canada, and have a child born in Canada. My wife, who applied together with me, works for Canadian freaking government since she graduated a Canadian university. And now after almost two years since our application they want more documents??? We traveled quite a bit but had many more days than necessary when we applied. This just does not make sense. I'm disappointed and insulted.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so sorry for you Toronto-dun :( :(
To wait 3 months for RQ
I had mine RQ before Test

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just joining this thread as I am also part of St Clair office.. will be giving test soon..