+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
St Clair is a local office just like Scarborough and Mississauga, so my local office is St Clair
I called CIC and was told you passed the test and that i have to wait for oath

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
St Clair said:
Come on St Clair!! What is going on? No oath news yet
Passed Test/Interview since Nov. 20th, 2013
Anyone on the same page? please share
I did my test at St Clair on 13th Feb 2014.

Don't worry St Clair you will be the first to get the oath :D

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
I gave mine on the 4th of feb, was told to wait for 2-4 months

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center,

Citizenship

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

2) We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3) We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

4) We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5) We sent you a letter on February 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Received: May 10, 2012

Process application: Oct 25, 2012

Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013

Text Exam: February 7, 2014

2nd Fingerprint Request: February 6,2014

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014

waiting oath ceremony...

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
@simplyproductive:But my Local Office is St Clair and i see some oath ceremonies in Toronto
I just want to know if there's anybody with the same timeline

4S

Mar 2, 2014
Ok fellows, to all who passed the test and get interviewed with concerns when the CIC officer mentioned the file should be first reviewed by a CJ. Well, just for the relief, this is a standard procedure, as per the CIC guidelines. I am quoting from Operational Bulletin 530-B – January 16, 2014, which can be fully viewed at CIC official website (can`t provide the link as per the rules of this forum), however, you still can find it if you go the CIC, resources, manuals, bulletins, 2014.

Quote:
``Communicating results of test and next steps to applicants

Following all test sessions, local office staff will communicate to the applicant the results of their test. Staff must provide the applicant with the actual test score (no discussion regarding the outcome per question). Providing test results will allow the applicant to gauge their performance, consider the option to withdraw and prepare in consequence for the retest. Officers are also to explain that clients can withdraw their application for citizenship. Officers are not to recommend withdrawal of applications, but rather inform the applicant that if they do not feel that they can meet the knowledge requirement that the option to withdraw exists. Offices are to maintain a supply of Discover Canada booklets and ensure applicants have a copy to study.

It is strongly recommended that offices administer the written test as the first step in the testing session and conduct the usual interview process afterwards. This will reduce the number of times that officials are required to interact with applicants. Communicating results during the standard interview allows for all communication with the applicant to occur in one interaction and also reduces stress of applicants waiting to write the test.
If applicant passes

Inform the applicant that, pending a final decision by the citizenship judge, they will proceed to the citizenship ceremony if they are able to meet all other requirements. Provide the applicant with the timelines for the ceremony. This can either be scheduled on the spot or a notice mailed to the applicant as per normal procedure.

Local offices may wish to consider providing applicants with their ceremony notice (Notice to appear – to take the oath of citizenship) immediately following the test session if this is operationally feasible. This measure will decrease the number of no shows at ceremonies, decrease enquiries to the Call Centre and improve client service. Furthermore, when offices are planning special enhanced ceremonies, applicants can be offered the choice to participate in the event or remain part of a standard ceremony. Offices that choose to implement this process will need do the necessary input in GCMS after the test event.``

So rest assured that you are fine as long as your interviewer did not ask for any further info that you was not ready for.

Now, for the cases of people who received their ceremony invitation just right after they pass the test and the interview, it seems such cases happened in local office that holds oath ceremony.
Since St. Clair does not hold test ceremony, they can`t offer such.

I was told that St. Clair is helping Scarborough office where oath is held. Given that, I assume that priority of pushing files to oath will be given for those who already wrote/passed in Scarborough local office while St. Clair`s passers seem to need some extra time till sending back their files to the local office, which is this case mostly Scarborough.

I believe all of you are almost there. Keep the perseverance and patience.

Cheers

bdutta

Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I wrote my test at St. Clair office on last February 10 and still waiting for invitation letter to the oath ceremony.
Are there any one who had test there on the date and got invitation letter????

SHAWN19700

Mar 2, 2014
:D
Oath letter is a 21 day notice , if you go in cic website you can see the last ceremony in scarbourough is March 8 for this months so nobody should not expect any invitation in next week!