+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_5 said:
Just joining this thread as I am also part of St Clair office.. will be giving test soon..
Welcome & Good Luck with your test.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Single applications seem to be going super fast than family ones.......

My wife applied alone and did not get RQ Applied in Dec 2012, passed test in Feb 2014 at Scarborough and waiting for oath ceremony.

I applied along with both my kids and got an RQ. Applied in Oct 2012, passed test in Feb 2014 at St. Claire and waiting for oath ceremony.

thanks

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
BalajiR said:
Single applications seem to be going super fast than family ones.......

My wife applied alone and did not get RQ Applied in Dec 2012, passed test in Feb 2014 at Scarborough and waiting for oath ceremony.

I applied along with both my kids and got an RQ. Applied in Oct 2012, passed test in Feb 2014 at St. Claire and waiting for oath ceremony.

thanks
Looks good! I applied in Oct'12 (St. Claire) and did not have RQ, so I got test in Nov'13, but then just got RQ 3 months after the test, so now I have no idea how long it's going to take. I wish I got RQ before the test...

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_dun said:
Looks good! I applied in Oct'12 (St. Claire) and did not have RQ, so I got test in Nov'13, but then just got RQ 3 months after the test, so now I have no idea how long it's going to take. I wish I got RQ before the test...
Did you call CIC, what did they say?

bdutta

Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God help the officer to keep his mind cool to expedite the file work

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
toronto_dun said:
If someone get RQ before written test, how much is it possible to get another RQ after the he/she passed the exam successfully?

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
@toronto_dun:Same thing happened to me, had my test Nov 20th, 2013 at St Clair office and got RQ after 3 months from St Clair.I travelled once outside the Country for just less than 15 days so i just don't know why the RQ.They are requesting for documents for 4 yrs relevant period ie 2009-2013

bdutta

Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
St Clair said:
@ toronto_dun:Same thing happened to me, had my test Nov 20th, 2013 at St Clair office and got RQ after 3 months from St Clair.I travelled once outside the Country for just less than 15 days so i just don't know why the RQ.They are requesting for documents for 4 yrs relevant period ie 2009-2013
Freaking system

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravepeople said:
If someone get RQ before written test, how much is it possible to get another RQ after the he/she passed the exam successfully?
RQ is issued only once not two time.

sunireddy

Sep 11, 2012
My dad who was exempted from test (he is 65) but attended the interview on Jan 29th, 2014 at St. Clair office got his oath invitation today.

I am not home, he told me that the oath is on March 15th. Do anybody know if they have oath ceremony on a Saturday?

Mar 5, 2014
I am new to this. I gave citizenship test at St. Claire.

There was a question asked after the test. Was i in any police trouble before ?

I said no because i was not in any trouble after i came to Canada on PR more than 4 years back.

I had small issue before in USA about 8 years back. I put that in my PR application before.

Is my answer wrong ? Should i do something about it ? Today is second day.

samiaislam

Oct 31, 2013
Dont want to disappoint anyone because every case is different. I just called CIC and asked him if they knew anything about oath dates. He said from my timeline RQ cases take 3 years to process so I should get oath date in 2015 then he said you should get it this year but dont know when...and if i am leaving the country to let the local office know by a letter so that they can arrange another date for my oath as oath take place throughout the year.

My Timeline:
2012 September--Applied for Citizenship
2013 October---- RQ
2014 January---- Notice for Interview
2014 February--- Test & Interview (14th Feb 2014 at St Clair)
Waiting for OATH................................................................?????

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
sunireddy said:
My dad who was exempted from test (he is 65) but attended the interview on Jan 29th, 2014 at St. Clair office got his oath invitation today.

I am not home, he told me that the oath is on March 15th. Do anybody know if they have oath ceremony on a Saturday?

which office your father will have the oath in ?