Residence questionnaire sent: August, 2013
Fingerprint Request: October, 2013
Text: February 3, 2014 (St Claire Ave.)

A Zin

Jan 9, 2014
jahafar said:
My timeline

July 2012 applied
Feb 2013 submitted my RQ ( Scarborough office)
Jan 2014 29th passed my test ( St. Clair office)
waiting for my OATH....
You had your test at the same day as mine in St Clair, so keep me updated and I will as well.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
BalajiR said:
I had an RQ in Aug 2013 for which th response was submitted on Sept 5th 2013
Hi BalajiR,

This is my timeline, somehow we have similar cases:
6 Feb. 2013 : Start processing of your file
July 2013: Received RQ from Scarborough
Aug. 2013: Submitted the RQ to Scarrborough
24 Jan 2014 (dated) Received letter from St. Clair to prepare for written exam on 24 Feb. 2014 at St. Clair

what is yours (or other friends) estimation for my case oath date? How can we know it after the written test? Thank you in advance for your information. this is important for me (of course for others as well).

ontariomaple

Dec 19, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 - application received & acknowledging receipt sent back
Dec 23, 2012 - RQ received
Feb 1, 2013 - RQ sent back the
Dec 29, 2013 - Received "Notice to prepare the citizenship exam" (from St. Clair office)
Jan 25, 2013 - "Notice to appear and write the citizenship test"
Feb 20, 2014 - Citizenship test passed
??? - Oath

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
passed test on Feb 21 test, st.clair office
waiting on oath.

I have question for RQ recipients. She had a list prepared to go through with me. She clarified some absence and addresses and said "most" of the questions they had I have clarified. She said if the CJ requires a hearing he will call otherwise I should get the invite for the ceremony.

I like to know what questions they had for other RQ recipients, were there mostly for dates and absenses?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
passed test on Feb 21 test, st.clair office
waiting on oath.

I have question for RQ recipients. She had a list prepared to go through with me. She clarified some absence and addresses and said "most" of the questions they had I have clarified. She said if the CJ requires a hearing he will call otherwise I should get the invite for the ceremony.

I like to know what questions they had for other RQ recipients, were there mostly for dates and absenses?
Yeah absences are the most concerning for CIC officers and also where you had worked.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Moe... said:
Yeah absences are the most concerning for CIC officers and also where you had worked.
in my case somehow, i managed to skip an address that i provided in my application but not on RQ! and one of the addresses I had only stayed for a 1 month before i was going back to my home country. I sent them a phone bill to prove my residence in canada but unfortunately the address mentioned on it was not included in my list of addresses. So that caused a flag.
As for absence, I was off by 2 days but I had waay more physical presence so that was all good. Let's hope this ordeal ends sooner than later.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I'm starting to get worried now. I passed my test with a perfect score yesterday Feb 24th 2014. After checking my docs, I was told that I have to wait for a judge to review my file. Didn't get to understand why. She said wait for 4 months and then call if I don't hear. I am not sure if this is just the beginning of a long wait. Anyone has any experience on this?

thanks

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
Hi All

I'm starting to get worried now. I passed my test with a perfect score yesterday Feb 24th 2014. After checking my docs, I was told that I have to wait for a judge to review my file. Didn't get to understand why. She said wait for 4 months and then call if I don't hear. I am not sure if this is just the beginning of a long wait. Anyone has any experience on this?

thanks
You need to share how your interview went as well. We can't just answer or give an opinion by the statement above

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
BalajiR said:
Hi All

BalajiR said:
You have to wait for a judge to review your file. Or
Finally he told me everything is fine and citizenship judge has to sign it and I will be getting the reply or Oath notice soon.
All are same meanings so no worry.

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
No news yet - waiting for oath

Test: Nov 20th 2013 at St Clair

Anybody got oath invite from St Clair of recent?
Please share!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks simplyproductive.........

my timeline

18th Oct 2012: Application Received
18th Oct 2012: Acknowledgement along with study book
12th Jan 2013: Started Processing
23rd Aug 2013: RQ received-Scarborough office
7th Sept 2013 :RQ response received at scarborough office
23rd Dec 2013: CIT-0521 dated 23rd Dec 2013 from St. Clair

I received my purple test notice on 29th Jan 2014 dated as 24th Jan 2014 to write the test on Feb 24th, 2013 1PM at St. Claire.

the test was really easy. it went smooth.

the interview I think went well. I had lost my passport including the CoPR in July 2009. this was noted in the replacement passport I had. I was pretty much transparent with regard to my dates of travel. The lady didn't actually even verify the RQ documents I had sent. she asked me if I sent all the requested proofs and I said I did. I told her that I didn't remember what docs I sent as its been a while since I sent them. She verified the dates. She also had questions about my work. I'm currently in-between jobs and told a couple of job I had previously. but I was working between May 2009 and Oct 2012 which is the 4 years under consideration. 6 months prior to that I was doing odd jobs and was looking for jobs. I had already provided my tax assessments for the same. currently I own my house and have provided my property tax bills. the only question I have in my mind is if they would be asking if I'm not supporting my family which is the responsibility. I do take care, but they might have question how I do it without a job. I told them that I left my last job because it was not a right fit. You never know what they think. But I'm pretty sure my physical residency can be validated. Finally she said my file needs to be reviewed by a judge.

She didn't give me any excuse but just said the file needs to be reviewed by a judge. It was dumb on my part not to ask if its a standard procedure or because she was not sure of the case decision. Its just getting me worried because she said Judge needs to review. If its not a standard procedure, then reviewing file by a judge - God knows how long it takes....

By the way she mentioned that I can wait for 4 months and call the call centre if I don't hear anything......that was ........

Any info or comments will help me........

thanks