Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
Its going to be interesting to see if they overlook the residency shortage like you said earliar Canadian Desi
Probably most of you might have read today's Toronto Star, GTA section it has extensively covered and high lighted the problems faced by thousands of candidates who held up by the "Residency Questionnaire" process for years without any updates, except saying "Processing".

This article shares the deep anguish of candidates and politicians, how the Conservative government suspicions and assumption all the immigrants are "Criminals" and delaying their Citizenship process. It clearly speaks for all affected and helpless candidates stuck in this mess.

Let's hope now CIC forced to take a hard look at their faulty process that terribly impacted candidates lives and find ways to amend it.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably most of you might have read today's Toronto Star, GTA section it has extensively covered and high lighted the problems faced by thousands of candidates who held up by the "Residency Questionnaire" process for years without any updates, except saying "Processing".

This article shares the deep anguish of candidates and politicians, how the Conservative government suspicions and assumption all the immigrants are "Criminals" and delaying their Citizenship process. It clearly speaks for all affected and helpless candidates stuck in this mess.

Let's hope now CIC forced to take a hard look at their faulty process that terribly impacted candidates lives and find ways to amend it.
Link please

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Link please
Its in today's (Dated : 31 Dec 2014) Newspaper Toronto Star GTA Section Page 1 & 4 (Print Media), Reporter's name : Debra Black, Immigration Reporter, Toronto Star. I tried but did not find it online.

However, I found the same topic been published by other newspaper.....Hope this may help.

http://www.caledonenterprise.com/news-story/5236738-want-to-be-canadians-frustrated-by-citizenship-processing-delays/

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its in today's (Dated : 31 Dec 2014) Newspaper Toronto Star GTA Section Page 1 & 4 (Print Media), Reporter's name : Debra Black, Immigration Reporter, Toronto Star. I tried but did not find it online.

However, I found the same topic been published by other newspaper.....Hope this may help.

http://www.caledonenterprise.com/news-story/5236738-want-to-be-canadians-frustrated-by-citizenship-processing-delays/
I found the piece online. But thanks. I hope these articles make a difference.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
I found the piece online. But thanks. I hope these articles make a difference.

Dear Readers,

More changes underway in Canadian Immigration Rules for year 2015 under heading "Immigration Changes to watch for in 2015" on Yahoo.ca.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/immigration-changes-watch-2015-100000547.html

martin0473

Jan 5, 2015
my timeline is

office: st clair
applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

just checked my ATIP report, it said that my application was granted and will be transferred to missisauga to be scheduled for oath ceremony on 2014/11.

now, I have been waiting for more than 36 months and 6 months after test has already passed. I mean how much longer do I have to wait!!!!!! this government is like in the third world. maybe even developing countries are processing paper work faster!

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
martin0473 said:
my timeline is

applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

just checked my ATIP report, it said that my application was granted and will be transferred to missisauga to be scheduled for oath ceremony on 2014/11.

now, I have been waiting for more than 36 months and 6 months after test has already passed. I mean how much longer do I have to wait!!!!!! this government is like in the third world. maybe even developing countries are processing paper work faster!
"Even the developing countries are processing paper work Faust" I couldn't agree more this is worse than third world.
I hope a CIC rep reads this post and feels embarrassed.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
QAI said:
"Even the developing countries are processing paper work Faust" I couldn't agree more this is worse than third world.
I hope a CIC rep reads this post and feels embarrassed.
Evidently the CIC's approach is in line with the current government overall polices that implies immigrants are a burden on the country. The current government's anti-immigrant stance is well manifested in many of Citizenship policies, repeated hike in fees and introduction of various draconian policies that forced even many political parties to express their disgust.

Unfortunately, despite been highly qualified and hard working, thanks to government's discriminatory employment policies that systematically compels immigrants to end up work in menial jobs to support families that natives prefer not to work.

Immigrants too pay taxes & oil the economic machines of our country like others, yet they are given step motherly treatment.

Probably the government determined they are NOT going to get immigrants votes anytime in future and may be they are very right.

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
Re : Article in Canadian Star
I wrote a letter to the editor, applauding him and the author for a article that addresses a serious problem. I would recommend alol to do the same, they should know thst we read it, and appreciated it.

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
martin0473 said:
my timeline is

applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

Mississauga is so fast. You might be already on the waiting list for ceremony. But that depend on the approval date and grant date. I read some where that the two dates are different for applicants with RQ. What was yours? May be this can help more?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
martin0473 said:
my timeline is

applied - 2011/09
in process - 2012/05
RQ - 2012/05
test - 2014/6
oath - still waiting

Dont hesitate, consider calling the Call Center again, remind them you have already completed 36 months and still waiting for the Oath.

CIC is very famous for claiming they sent letters that never reaches the candidates. I know its hassles but keep calling the CIC center every week to monitor that.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
rameshamin said:
Hello,

My timeline:

applied - 2011/09
RQ - 2013/06
test - 2014/2
oath - still waiting
Your test was in Feb you should call the CIC and see what happens.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
rameshamin said:
Hello,

My timeline:

applied - 2011/09
RQ - 2013/06
test - 2014/2
oath - still waiting

I have the same test date and no updates since then. Call CIC and the reply is "in process"

martin0473

Jan 5, 2015
thanks for the reply. I really appreciate everyone's advice!

The atip report said File approved and granted and will be transferred to CIC Mississauga to be scheduled for a ceremony on 2014/11/04. Now I am still waiting for oath...

I remembered when I finished the test, the interview was short. The judge was happily saying that my file was good and there should be just 3-5 months to take the oath. If i didn't get the invitation after 5 months, I should called cic. they will take action immediately.

I really don't want to be this emotional, but this country is too riduculous! I have already been waiting almost 40 months and 7 months after test for nothing!

I mean I always trust what CIC agent says. the following showed my whole application story.

2011/9 - I applied.
2012/05 - when they sent me RQ and required my fingerprint, i replied them immediately.
2013 - nothing was notified for the whole year! :(
2014/6 - finaly I could take the test and I was happy to be notified that I should just wait 3-5 months to finish this journey.
2014/08 - they asked me to send fingerprint again! I was so abset but to comply.

2014/09 - when it was about to approach 36 months, I called CIC to tell them that 36 months was almost there. they should do something beforehand because I did't want to be out of the average 36 months total waiting time group. They just told me they could only take action if 36 months had passed! I just want to say "what the f**k"!

2014/10 - I called CIC telling them 36 months had passed. I need cic to take action. they just sent me a useless letter(CIT0011) saying " your application is in queue to be assigned and reviewed by a citzenship offier." Basically, It told me nothing. I still consistently called weekly. they said my RQ had not yet be reviewed to determine whether or not I passed. I was so shocked that CIC didn't check my RQ for the past two years and it still didn't be approved?

2014/11 - I called again and got notified thay everyhing was passed. nothing needed to be approved or supplied. I was very happy that next stage will be the oath.

2014/12 - I called CIC. they said oath invitation could happen anytime, so I just need to wait. I asked how much longer do I have to wait. they said "it depends. it could be weeks up to 6 months." when I heard "up to 6 months", I almost wanted to pass out! "f**k"!!!!!

To sum up,

CIC always tells me my file is good I should just wait. I have no choice but to trust them to wait from 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, to 2015!!!! this country is insane!!!! We are good people. why treats us like criminals? I was only out of canada for less than 6 months for the past 4 years when I applied. Why RQ me? even if you RQ me, why can't I be like routine appliant? are non-routine applicants bad people with respect to routine applicants? 36 months is a lie. even 24 months is too long. I mean time is money. this waste of time really affects my life!

A simple paper work can't get the job done within 1 year? I think I will not feel any pride of this country in the oath ceremony. and I will probably consider relocate to other country.