+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I think that it's not the minister who is misleading but numerous imprecise interpretations of what he actually said is misleading.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Dear Kaliban:

I know the dual intent has been around for a long time. This is a NEW TWIST to the entire TRV. Artificial intelligence will be used as as long as there is a AOR, The minister guarantees over 98 percent approval . I saw the minster with my own two eyes saying it. Could he be misleading the entire Canada? I think not. So lets wait for this new policy to be in force then we 'shoot off' all these lovely TRV Applications and see what the decision is!
Anyone getting a DENIAL, well well ... go stand at the Ministers office with a demonstration sign saying, 'WAS THIS A BALONEY JOKE"

Cheers and all the best everyone!
You are right about waiting a bit. As @ERCAN says in the next post, there are varying interpretations as to what the minister said and what actually takes place might not be what some expect. Taking a a wait and see attitude might be prudent.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Well, if new and there is an anticipated 98% approval rate, then why not say that, instead of "So far, the approval rate for applications under the new system is higher than 98 per cent." That, to my pea brain, sounds like actual experience so far from something already in place.
He signed this new agreement back in February actually. So I believe since then they have been testing it out for the last 3 months before making this announcement! Anyway let’s see.

rahulravi2709

Nov 28, 2016
He signed this new agreement back in February actually. So I believe since then they have been testing it out for the last 3 months before making this announcement! Anyway let’s see.
It would be good if someone can report their spouse visitor visa experience for something filed this year. Without that, we won't know for sure as to whats the possible outcome. If its a 98 pc approval, then nobody with valid "ties to home country" documentation and good travel history should get rejected for a visitor visa.

Kezia23

Jan 18, 2023
It would be good if someone can report their spouse visitor visa experience for something filed this year. Without that, we won't know for sure as to whats the possible outcome. If its a 98 pc approval, then nobody with valid "ties to home country" documentation and good travel history should get rejected for a visitor visa.
Was it 93% approval rate and not 98%? but I guess we won't know for sure the actual approval rate until people start their application and sharing their experiences and approvals.

Reactions: Charbk

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
I’m a bit nervous because I have seen in fb groups people who have applied within the last 3 months that were refused so I don’t know …..makes me wonder how the new “analytics” filters this

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Unfortunately, no one promised any approval rate as it is impossible by the nature of the task. Fraser just said that "[...] our new approach approach towards spousal TRV application has approved well in advance of 98% of applications." . When replying to reporters he actually says "well over 90%". So in few minutes it dropped 8 percent!

It doesn't say details about which applications were used to calculate this rate ? A small subset of test application that they selected for the pilot? A subset of applications that was selected based on predefined criteria? He did say that there is a relation between the likelihood of success of a PR application in question and the related TRV approval. Also, Minister did explicitly mention that they did not waive the requirement for spouse to show that they will leave Canada. It just being outweigh by strong PR application.

I think, that the only thing that is safe to assume, that they did indeed relaxed selection criteria and [this new approach] "going to lead to a processing time within 30 days". And again, it doesn't say that the standard is set to 30 days, but it's going to lead to this target.

There is a lot of stuff people writing about like promised approval rate, AI mumbo-jumbo, some kind of requirement of AOR - literally nothing of this was ever said not in the announcement nor in the Q&A after it. It's just what people want to hear or mistakenly assume maybe due to over-excitement or poor language skills. AI was mentioned by some journalist but not by Minister, he actually emphasised that the decision process is manual.

If you want to hear the full conference including Q&A the link to the official channel can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/minister-fraser-to-announce-measures-to-strengthen-family-reunification.html

Reactions: PrivateComstock

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Reactions: comarxx and ERCAN

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm kinda hoping you are wrong about "testing it out for the last 3 months". That would mean my wife's TRV application was processed during the test period and she was denied. In turn, that would mean (possibly) that her application was subjected to the new policy and she is one of the 2%, or 8%, or whatever, whose PR applications look like they will be denied.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Great find, but it's about OWP part of the announcement. Nothing about TRV. We can only assume, that some order regarding TRV was signed at the same time. It's still impossible for @Kaibigan to understand as to why his wife was denied TRV - is it due to not being selected for this new TRV process or because PR application has some issues. I hope it's the first option.

@Kaibigan, it's a justifiable reason to order GCMS notes,, if you haven't done it yet.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Great find, but it's about OWP part of the announcement. Nothing about TRV. We can only assume, that some order regarding TRV was signed at the same time. It's still impossible for @Kaibigan to understand as to why his wife was denied TRV - is it due to not being selected for this new TRV process or because PR application has some issues. I hope it's the first option.

@Kaibigan, it's a justifiable reason to order GCMS notes,, if you haven't done it yet.
Thanks ERCAN.

I ordered notes after our first TRV attempt and they were disappointing. That added not a thing to the boilerplate language of the deny letter. Thinking there might be some hidden meaning there, known only to the cognoscenti, I paid an immigration lawyer to review the notes to see if there was anything that I, as a lawyer unschooled in immigration matters, might have missed. She did no better than I, and found nothing.

However, on the "nothing ventured nothing gained" theory, maybe I should try my luck again with the notes. I have read the advice here time and time again that the notes are a treasure trove of the VO's thought process. I suspect the notes are case-specific, so is your best advice to order notes related to most recent TRV and those related to ongoing PR application? You can probably only give me your best guess, and that's fine.

Last edited:

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thanks ERCAN.

I ordered notes after our first TRV attempt and they were disappointing. That added not a thing to the boilerplate language of the deny letter. Thinking there might be some hidden meaning there, known only to the cognoscenti, I paid an immigration law to review the notes to see if there was anything that I, as a lawyer unschooled in immigration matters might have missed. She did no better than I, and found nothing.

However, on the "nothing ventured nothing gained" theory, maybe I should try my luck again with the notes. I have read the advice here time and time again that the notes are a treasure trove of the VO's thought process. I suspect the notes are case-specific, so is your best advice to order notes related to most recent TRV and those related to ongoing PR application? You can probably only give me your best guess, and that's fine.
I don't worship GCMS notes as much and even though, myself, I developed some kind of mild obsessive-compulsive disorder checking the status of the application. My case has some important but temporary weakness that is out of my control. Refusal was somewhat expected up until this month. I still resist the urge of ordering it for my case. There will be literally no potential use for the information, just more anxiety.

Your case, on the other hand, given the history, may potentially yield information that will be useful for your understanding as to the latest refusal case and the standing of your sponsorship application. Of course, only If they did include additional reasoning this time. You may get some insights as to whether it was processed using new rules or not. It may be used to evaluate if it's worth to make yet another application or at least prepare the defence strategy in the worst case. Given the cost of 5$CAD and, AFAIK, no impact on the processing I think it's justifiable to order it one more time.