+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone,

Has anyone been in the following situation before?
Currently sponsoring my wife’s visa and she will be giving birth very soon so she had to defer the rest of her medicals (X-ray scan).
I heard that after giving birth that I have to include my child as a dependant in her application. Does this mean the whole process will be reassessed after giving birth such as SA eligibility and so on?

Thanks in advance
Are you PR or citizen?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I am a citizen
If you are naturalized citizen, or born in Canada then your kids are citizen by birth to a Canadian parent.
So it's a bit different process. You still have to inform IRCC about this but they won't be "dependent".

The process of obtaining citizenship certificates for your kids - you have to read about it. Sorry, can't help you here.

Reactions: YVR123

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I shall mention that if yourself you were born to Canadian parents but outside of Canada, then it's a different story. You'll have to get though the process of sponsorship.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
If you are naturalized citizen, or born in Canada then your kids are citizen by birth to a Canadian parent.
So it's a bit different process. You still have to inform IRCC about this but they won't be "dependent".

The process of obtaining citizenship certificates for your kids - you have to read about it. Sorry, can't help you here.
Thanks for letting me know. I also thought as much also I have been told something similar to this as well. Will do some research on this.

rahulravi2709

Nov 28, 2016
This is just plain wrong. I'm sorry for you. I would submit new application, however, add an explanation letter adding screenshots of your existing application, adding information about your communication with MP and IRCC including the recommendation to reapply. Assuming that there are no errors in your initial application this is the error on the part of IRCC. I hope that they honor their professionalism and would prioritize your application.

You will have to sign all your documents again (with current dates as it's already 6 month old and can be considered expired). It would be better to get new PCC (or if you think that it will take a lot of time, at least add your old ones but request new ones as well and submit them as soon as you get them via webform, you can explain this in the letter as well)

And I would also contact MP for them to follow up your new submission with IRCC.
Thank you for the information. Before proceeding with the re apply I wanted to know if there was an escalation process that I could try where I get ircc to admit in writing that it's a system glitch and that my future application be expedited for the same reason. When I contact them over customer care they keep saying that they have an internal enquiry with cio office which I would never be included in and that it will take upto 60 days to revert. They also refuse to give me an incident number for this issue. I currently only have the email from the member of parliament which I mentioned above.
I cannot imagine how an online application which still shows submitted on my portal even today is unable to be found by the whole department. This is just disheartening for us.
Thanks again for your responses

• Sad
Reactions: Charbk

Annie503

May 2, 2023
Thank you for the information. Before proceeding with the re apply I wanted to know if there was an escalation process that I could try where I get ircc to admit in writing that it's a system glitch and that my future application be expedited for the same reason. When I contact them over customer care they keep saying that they have an internal enquiry with cio office which I would never be included in and that it will take upto 60 days to revert. They also refuse to give me an incident number for this issue. I currently only have the email from the member of parliament which I mentioned above.
I cannot imagine how an online application which still shows submitted on my portal even today is unable to be found by the whole department. This is just disheartening for us.
Thanks again for your responses
How long ago did you file? Remember the option to use the Order of Mandamus when all else fails.

Good luck now!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
How long ago did you file? Remember the option to use the Order of Mandamus when all else fails.

Good luck now!
That's not the case for mandamus. They are not withholding decision but have lost his application (no AOR). The most cost and time effective would reapply as suggested by IRCC and MP and follow it up with them. Although the mandamus can force them to find the application, but it will cost 10k and take a year for the procedure. Then adding the time for the actual decision makes it impractical.

While reapplying will cost a fraction if anything and may be even faster in the end.

Reactions: Charbk and Kaibigan

rahulravi2709

Nov 28, 2016
That's not the case for mandamus. They are not withholding decision but have lost his application (no AOR). The most cost and time effective would reapply as suggested by IRCC and MP and follow it up with them. Although the mandamus can force them to find the application, but it will cost 10k and take a year for the procedure. Then adding the time for the actual decision makes it impractical.

While reapplying will cost a fraction if anything and may be even faster in the end.
Happy to report that IRCC did find the application in the end. I got a biometrics request yesterday and sponsorship approval today.

Thanks everyone!