+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Nice, even though you're outside of Canada?
My spouse medical also just expired last week and she's outside of Canada, hopefully, they give her an extension also.

Does it show Eligibility passed for your spouse too?

For me everything passed exception Background Check.
For my spouse, still have "Eligibility Not Started" (not sure if they have to do this as we're not Sponsorship applicant) and BackgroundCheck
My spouse's eligibility says not started too, so don't worry, I think it's not applicable.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Guys, I don't know if it played a role or not in my case. But I found this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/overseas-family-members/finalizing.html and it sounds like an instruction from IRCC to their agents on when to issue a PPR visa.

The main point is that they write: "all medical and criminality checks as well as travel documents are still valid and will remain valid long enough for the applicant(s) to be admitted to Canada"

Which, as per my understanding, means that both Medicals, PCCs and Proof of Funds need to be valid at the moment when the immigration agent makes the final decision to issue COPR. Our case lasted 27 months because of Covid-19 delays and then because of other IRCC procedural delays when they gave up on old FSW cases for another 6-7 months. But we managed to revive it through:
- writing web forms as reminders to IRCC once per month (they didn't request biometrics timely for my spouse once she passed the medicals)
- updating the documents, specifically making sure that Proof of funds and PCCs were valid for another 6 months to go

I sent to IRCC all updated PCCs for both me and my spouse and same day they issued COPRs, so it's probably important to follow this advice. If your case is stuck in processing, first thing you can do is update your medicals (if they expired), PCCs and Proof of funds - they have to add those to your file and if you are lucky - they'll check it on time, if you are not lucky don't wait for the moment when those will expire - redo them again once you are reaching 5th-6th month of their validity. You can also try writing webforms, but no guarantee those will result into anything. If you want to show them that your case isn't touched - best of all don't just write that, show them their own GCMS/CBSA notes - it's more likely that they will react to that, because they'll be able to see that you base your judgement not just on your opinion, but it's backed by actual proof.

Also want to recommend you to use the new IRCC tracker (if your case is eligible, for example couples cases should be eligible): https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Otherwise the most detailed status you can get from GCMS or CBSA notes. I used to get GCMS notes in 30 days back in 2021, but in 2022 I once got stuck with them and waited 7 months for the notes, so I just totally switched to CBSA and those always came in 30 days so far. There's only a 5$ difference in price between the two, so I would rather recommend you to check CBSA notes. Can recommend https://gcmsnotes.com/order-details/ as the place to buy it from.

Best of luck to all of you!

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Maybe I was too excited, apparently from other threads COPR on the portal doesn’t mean RFV letter, you still can wait for it another 2 months. And without the letter you can’t proceed to passport submission even though you know COPR numbers, all stages passed and they got validity.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Maybe I was too excited, apparently from other threads COPR on the portal doesn’t mean RFV letter, you still can wait for it another 2 months. And without the letter you can’t proceed to passport submission even though you know COPR numbers, all stages passed and they got validity.
Sorry if I state the obvious, but did you check your spam folder ? In our case, the RFV letter came directly from the Immigration department at the Canadian embassy in Mexico. If you have never received direct messages from your VO, it could have been routed to the wrong folder.

Sasu21

Aug 28, 2021
This new tracker shows if they prolong medicals. Yes, I’m outside of Canada, but this would be my 3d check already - so maybe they thought 2 exams would be enough.

Eligibility says not started, but I think spouse doesn’t need one. Background check says passed, but Biometrics say “In progress”. I mean Info sharing can’t take less than 2-4 weeks, so I didn’t expect it to be passed so soon. All my checks are passed, I believe they were passed last June.
Hi in my tracker for eligibility it says "completed" it doesn't say passed. Is completed means pass or will it change to "passed" later. Please advise.

tangamandapio

Jan 26, 2022

I'm in the same situation as you.

COPR was just updated in the new tracking portal.
Where did you find out how much time it may take to receive the RFV?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I'm in the same situation as you.

COPR was just updated in the new tracking portal.
Where did you find out how much time it may take to receive the RFV?
there’s a thread here on the forum for Inland CEC, apparently they use this IRCC tracker since Summer last year and they all write that COPR numbers appear earlier on the portal than the RFV letter, in some cases it’s 2-3 weeks earlier, in some 2 months

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-update-on-new-tracker.772641/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-tracker.709044/

Last edited:

Jithu_07

Feb 15, 2023
@walnorez : Do you see any update on the 'Updated:' Timestamp in the new Application Status Tracker?. For me it says Feb 15, 2023. Does that mean IRCC agents are currently working on the application?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@walnorez : Do you see any update on the 'Updated:' Timestamp in the new Application Status Tracker?. For me it says Feb 15, 2023. Does that mean IRCC agents are currently working on the application?
Yep, i call these GU. This is my list of them:

31 Jan: Spouse submitted biometrics. I wrote a webform to notify them about this.
1 Feb: GU on the new tracker - could be just acknowledgement of received webform.
8 Feb: PCCs renewed for PA and dependant via webform. GU on tracker, Biometrics check is passed for the spouse, COPRs appear on the tracker.
9 Feb: GU
13 Feb: I send a webform asking about the RFV letter.
14 Feb: GU on tracker.
15 Feb: GU on tracker.

So can’t tell what these time stamps mean, could be just webforms generating them. Yes, they touch the file, but can’t say if they do anything meaningful with it.

Must mention - no GUs were on the main IRCC portal, I don’t remember if there was one once Biometrics nr.appeared for the spouse.

Last edited:

Jithu_07

Feb 15, 2023
Thanks
Yep, i call these GU. This is my list of them:

31 Jan: Spouse submitted biometrics. I wrote a webform to notify them about this.
1 Feb: GU on the new tracker - could be just acknowledgement of received webform.
8 Feb: PCCs renewed for PA and dependant via webform. GU on tracker, Biometrics check is passed for the spouse, COPRs appear on the tracker.
9 Feb: GU
13 Feb: I send a webform asking about the RFV letter.
14 Feb: GU on tracker.
15 Feb: GU on tracker.

So can’t tell what these time stamps mean, could be just webforms generating them. Yes, they touch the file, but can’t say if they do anything meaningful with it.

Must mention - no GUs were on the mail IRCC portal, I don’t remember if there was one once Biometrics nr.appeared for the spouse.
Thanks

flyman1107

Aug 5, 2021
Hi guys,I need your wisdom, especially @legalfalcon

Could you please enlighten me in regards to some concerns caused by that I cancelled my paid representative recently. In the same time of the cancellation, my wife's appointed herself to contact business with CIC and receive information on our case.The situation of my application is that my wife is principal applicant(PA), one child and me are dependent (DEP).

According to the IRCC Notes, my wife's email address, address, telephone/fax number are registered with the representative(rep)'s information, the Email address, telephone/fax number of mine are the rep's and the Email address of my daughter is rep's.

1. I've filed imm5476 via web form to cancel the rep and updated all the information of my wife's (PA) which was inputed with rep's. The first concern is that do I also need to updated the information of my daughter and me ( both of us have independent UCI#) respectively?

If I did not update, whether the communications from CIC may still be transmitted to reps since the Email address of my daughter and me are recorded with my rep's. Or as long as I updated my wife's information, the 2 dependent's information will be updated with her automatically and the informations will no longer be received by the rep.

2. In case of that I need to update my daughter's information ( She is just 8 year old, thus cannot send web form by herself ) , the relationship with the applicant (my daughter ), which is under【the requirer information】, has 4 of drop-down options 'Applicant', 'Representative', 'Sponsor' and ' Member of Parliament' , which one should I choose?

3. After cancellation, Do 2 DEP, my daughter and me, need to fill the IMM5476 respectively to authorize my wife as no-compensated representative?

I feel so sorry for asking too many questions and hope that you can lend a hand to get us through this.