+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
I'm trying to submit a webform to IRCC. My application is FSW-O, and the website needs me to select my visa office before I can fill out the form. Does anyone know how to find out which VO processes my application without ordering notes?

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
I'm trying to submit a webform to IRCC. My application is FSW-O, and the website needs me to select my visa office before I can fill out the form. Does anyone know how to find out which VO processes my application without ordering notes?
Without ordering the GCMS notes, I can only think of two options to get that information :

You can try selecting "No" for the question "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?". If you are lucky, they will tell you that they cannot help you and they will indicate which VO you need to contact"

You get an app that allows you to get a Canadian phone number and call IRCC and ask them directly what is your VO.

Last edited:

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
Without ordering the GCMS notes, I can only think of two options to get that information :

You can try selecting "No" for the question "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?". If you are lucky, they will tell you that they cannot help you and they will indicate which VO you need to contact"

You get an app that allows you to get a Canadian phone number and call IRCC and ask them directly what is your VO.
Thank you!

Reactions: sgoldsmith

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
We have obtained our COPR. I would like to thank all members of the group for their assistance especially @legalfalcon. Furthermore, we are planning to move to Vancouver, BC next year in Jan 2024. Let us know if you are too and we can connect over here in another forum.

Details for Reference Below:
Citizenship: India
AOR (Mumbai): Nov 2020
Biometrics (Dubai): Feb 2021
Spousal Update (Singapore): Jan 2022
Re-Medical (Mumbai): Feb 2023
PPR (Mumbai): March 2023
COPR (Mumbai): April 2023

Wishing you all the very best. Furthermore, I would like to state that there are more negative videos about Canada on YouTube. I would recommend a lot of people to just travel once; and you would not have second thoughts about relocation. We did travel to Canada from Halifax to Victoria last fall, allowing us to never second-guess our decision on relocation.

Gmak38

Aug 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2020
Doc's Request.
7-09-2020
AOR Received.
15-08-2020
Med's Request
11-09-2020
Med's Done....
13-09-2020
We have obtained our COPR. I would like to thank all members of the group for their assistance especially @legalfalcon. Furthermore, we are planning to move to Vancouver, BC next year in Jan 2024. Let us know if you are too and we can connect over here in another forum.

Wishing you all the very best. Furthermore, I would like to state that there are more negative videos about Canada on YouTube. I would recommend a lot of people to just travel once; and you would not have second thoughts about relocation. We did travel to Canada from Halifax to Victoria last fall, allowing us to never second-guess our decision on relocation.
Congratulations....did you recieve re-med request or you did it upfront?

mesha25

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021

How long did it take for the passport to reach back after submitting PPR to IRCC?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your timeline please?
I got it in my Signature, but basically:

AOR: 24-Nov-20
MEP1: 5-Jan-21
BIO: 15-Jan-21
MEP2: 5-Apr-22
RFV1: 9-Jun-22 (cancelled later due to addition of spouse)
Spouse added: 20-Jul-22
Spouse MEP: 8-Aug-22
Spouse BIO: 31-Jan-23
COPRs generated in GCMS: 4-Feb-23 (on the tracker they were on 8-Feb-23)
RFV2/PPR: 18-Apr-23

flyman1107

Aug 5, 2021
Hello guys, I received the GCMS note the other days in which one thing is perplexing me so much. Please help me with this, especially from you, dear @legalfalcon.

According to the note, everything is passed but the security check. Through the comparison between the note generated in Dec 2022 and in Mar 2023, I learned that my case has been transferred to the Beijing office from Hong kong because that is how the secondary office changed.

One of notes recorded in Jan 18th, 2023 reads that "File pending additional background review; Submitted this date" in the text. On the same day, the PA's status of background verification became "In Progress" in the Status Tracker System of IRCC.

My confusion is what dose it suggest by "File pending additional background review...". Besides, I placed an order for CBSA & CSIS notes in Feb, 2023 but not receive them yet so far. My 2 inferences, which are on the ground of the limited foregoing information, are below, please kindly share you opinion with me.

1. The security reports issued by CBSA and CSIS had been transferred to IRCC, IRCC HK has transmitted them to IRCC Beijing for the additional background review on Jan 18th, 2023. In other words, my case is probably stuck in IRCC.
2. IRCC Beijing took over my case earlier and file it to CBSA and CSIS for the additional background review on Jan 18th, 2023.

If the 2 is true, am I save to take the Jan 18th, 2023 as a starting point to count 110 days for the accomplishment of security check from both, inclusively, CSIS and CBSA?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I haven't been in this forum in a while so thought of updating. I was asked to submit my passport on Mar 27. I requested an extension because I was out of the country and I needed my passport. I will now submit the passport this week.

I have a question:
Do I need to have paid Canadian income taxes or show any proof of rental leases in Canada while renewing my PR? Is there any other similar requirement?

Or is the sole and only requirement for a renewal of a Canadian PR 2 years of physical presence in Canada in the last 5 years?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I haven't been in this forum in a while so thought of updating. I was asked to submit my passport on Mar 27. I requested an extension because I was out of the country and I needed my passport. I will now submit the passport this week.

I have a question:
Do I need to have paid Canadian income taxes or show any proof of rental leases in Canada while renewing my PR? Is there any other similar requirement?

Or is the sole and only requirement for a renewal of a Canadian PR 2 years of physical presence in Canada in the last 5 years?
No, you do not need to have paid Canadian income taxes or show any proof of rental leases in Canada while renewing your PR. The sole and only requirement for a renewal of a Canadian PR is 2 years of physical presence in Canada in the last 5 years.

However, there are a few other things that you may need to provide as part of your application, such as:
  • A copy of your current PR card
  • A copy of your passport
  • A completed application form
  • A processing fee
You can find more information about the requirements for renewing your PR card on the IRCC website.

Here are the steps on how to renew your PR card:
  1. Go to the IRCC website and click on the "Renew your PR card" tab.
  2. Click on the "Start" button.
  3. Enter your personal information, including your name, date of birth, and contact information.
  4. Enter your PR card number.
  5. Select the type of application you are submitting.
  6. Pay the processing fee.
  7. Submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application, IRCC will process it and will send you a decision. The decision will be mailed to you at the address you provided in your application.

Here are some tips for renewing your PR card:
  • Make sure that you have all of the required documents.
  • Be sure to complete the application form correctly.
  • Pay the processing fee on time.
  • Be patient. It can take several weeks or even months for IRCC to process your application.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

Almostsummer

Apr 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone know if there’re any risks for renewing passports when:
1. already passed all reviews (fsw-o ee) and could see copr document number in the status tracker, but haven’t officially received ppr or copr, or
2. after receiving copr?

haris462

Jul 2, 2015
Finally after 31 months (I think)…got stamped passports back.
many hurdles along the way…several medicals expired. Asked for interview then they cancelled it. Made a huge mistake on of the form omitting past visa rejection…and facing a potential 5 year ban. Nevertheless, sticked with it and got passports back yesterday. Travelling in 10 days for soft landing. Super excited. Thanks for legalfalcon and everyone else.