Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
So while I am on hold with Walmart trying to schedule my 2nd vax, I received an anonymous call. I never pick those calls up but I did it on that day. Around 11am. The guy introduced himself and asked if I am still at the address listed on application. Then he followed up with questions on the last port of Entry for me and my dependents..Once that is clear, he is like..'everything seems to be in order... I will you send you an email shortly..congratulation for becoming a Permanent Resident...
I appreciate your reply. Your information is useful for me, as we used not to answer anonymous calls. Thanks again

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
@legalfalcon

I had recently posted about IRCC asking for job duties from my previous employments. I got 2 out of the 3 letters and I have submitted them. With one of my employers since all the supervisors have left ( including their supervisors ), it appears as if it is going to be impossible to get the job duties on a letter. So, I am wondering what the impact on my application would be. Even without the letter I will still have greater than 5 years of Federal Experience. Below are the job tenure details in chronological order.

Job 1 - 15 months ( Letter Submitted ) ( Submitted via web form a couple of days ago )
Job 2 - 2 years ( No Letter ) I have submitted a Service letter with tenure, designation, salary slips etc.. to prove the genuineness. But, I do understand that as per the rules it is not complete.
Job 3 - 2 years ( Letter Submitted ) ( IRCC confirmed that they have processed it )
Job 4 - 2.5 years ( Letter Submitted ) ( Submitted with the application )

I was given 50 points for the federal experience in the CRS score. Will that remain as 50 or will the entire application be rejected ?

The web portal was showing processing documents for Review of additional documents and now it is showing NOT Required. Should I read anything into this ?

I am writing a Letter Of Explanation for the missing job duties section and attaching the communication. I am also providing the existing Service Certificate, Pay Slips and Initial Offer Letter. Will that be enough to satisfy the VISA officer.

Last edited:

TAJBIR

Aug 11, 2021
Long story short: I applied to renew my WP in June 2020 and PR in Nov 2020. I did contact my MP and send a few webforms for my WP not for PR. MP was not able to move the needle on my WP. As I am writing this, they haven't processed my WP application (I know it does not matter now cuz PR > TR).

The reason I did not send any webforms for PR was because I was following the Nov 2020 AOR group and I knew there was not too much progress on FSW-Inland applications. Out of the blue, I got an anonymous call (which I never pick up by the way) from the Immigration office trying to confirm whether or not my dependents and I are still in Canada.....

I don't know if there is any logic that makes sense....Maybe my VO started processing FSW-inland.....Nobody would know

My advise: keep your head up and pray.......your turn is around the corner
Wat is ur aor
And ur visa office ??

Atif447

Sep 20, 2021
@legalfalcon Your advise would be highly appreciated, I am planning to leave my current country of residence and move back to India, how would this effect the processing of my application, my AOR is November 2020, biometrics and medical everything was done last year itself, i know that i would have to inform IRCC of this move but will it effect in the processing or delay it more by any chance? Any advice would be of great help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Your advise would be highly appreciated, I am planning to leave my current country of residence and move back to India, how would this effect the processing of my application, my AOR is November 2020, biometrics and medical everything was done last year itself, i know that i would have to inform IRCC of this move but will it effect in the processing or delay it more by any chance? Any advice would be of great help.
It will not impact the processing as such, except that you will be asked to submit your passport in your country of residence.

Reactions: ash21

Brady_Bryant

Nov 6, 2020
Congratulations!!

The date of the COPR is only a date before which you have to enter Canada as a PR if you are outside. Once the COPR is stamped, it does not expire and is proof of your PR status in Canada.

You can contribute to any charity of your choice. Though you don't have to!! Just help others when you can and pass it on.

All the best for the journey ahead!!
Update
August 30: COPR
September 02: Pics sent
September 07: Pics received
September 20: PR cards received

@legalfalcon As I said three weeks ago, thanks a bunch for answering all of our questions for free. I made a donation in your honor to Catholic Action Montreal. I wish I could show you a screenshot

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Update

@legalfalcon As I said three weeks ago, thanks a bunch for answering all of our questions for free. I made a donation in your honor to Catholic Action Montreal. I wish I could show you a screenshot
Congratulations again. Your news was as a source of hope and energy.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon and All,

I am a PR of Canada since 2018 and have been working here since then. My Fiance (now my wife) got her ITA/AOR (FSW-O) last year in November when she was Single and the profile continues to be in progress till date. We got married last month and submitted the Web Form with the latest details, including my PR Card, Passport and our Marriage Certificate. We came back to Canada last week.

Now the situation is that my wife is in Canada on a Visitor Visa and her PR Application is in progress. We want to apply for her Open Work Permit based on my PR but the only application that I could find on IRCC/CIC website was a PR Sponsorship application, and an option to apply for the Work Permit through the same PR application. Since she already has her PR application in progress, I cannot find a way for the application of her Open Work Permit under the Spouse category. Can you please guide me with this?

Thanks,
Tarun

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and All,

I am a PR of Canada since 2018 and have been working here since then. My Fiance (now my wife) got her ITA/AOR (FSW-O) last year in November when she was Single and the profile continues to be in progress till date. We got married last month and submitted the Web Form with the latest details, including my PR Card, Passport and our Marriage Certificate. We came back to Canada last week.

Now the situation is that my wife is in Canada on a Visitor Visa and her PR Application is in progress. We want to apply for her Open Work Permit based on my PR but the only application that I could find on IRCC/CIC website was a PR Sponsorship application, and an option to apply for the Work Permit through the same PR application. Since she already has her PR application in progress, I cannot find a way for the application of her Open Work Permit under the Spouse category. Can you please guide me with this?

Thanks,
Tarun

Your spouse cannot apply for a WP based on your PR status. If you would have sponsored your spouse, then your spouse would have been able to obtain a OWP. However, if your spouse can find a job and an employer she can apply for a CWP and then change it to BOWP.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Update

Congratulations!! No need for any proof. I am glad it all worked out. All the best for your journey and new life ahead!!

My spouse will be pleased to hear about your donation. She too makes donations there from time to time.

Reactions: Brady_Bryant