17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and All,

I am a PR of Canada since 2018 and have been working here since then. My Fiance (now my wife) got her ITA/AOR (FSW-O) last year in November when she was Single and the profile continues to be in progress till date. We got married last month and submitted the Web Form with the latest details, including my PR Card, Passport and our Marriage Certificate. We came back to Canada last week.

Now the situation is that my wife is in Canada on a Visitor Visa and her PR Application is in progress. We want to apply for her Open Work Permit based on my PR but the only application that I could find on IRCC/CIC website was a PR Sponsorship application, and an option to apply for the Work Permit through the same PR application. Since she already has her PR application in progress, I cannot find a way for the application of her Open Work Permit under the Spouse category. Can you please guide me with this?

Thanks,
Tarun
Answered this on another thread.

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Logged into GC-Key account, application status was updated and the thing which was changed was my medical. It was changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need a medical exam.' Not sure if they extended my medical or will ask me to redo them.

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Review of additional documents changes from Not applicable to
  • September 15, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

What does it mean. my re-med has been approved on 8th Sep.

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Your spouse cannot apply for a WP based on your PR status. If you would have sponsored your spouse, then your spouse would have been able to obtain a OWP. However, if your spouse can find a job and an employer she can apply for a CWP and then change it to BOWP.
Sorry. Let's put it this way.

I am trying to Sponsor her and apply for her Open Work Permit and I meet all the sponsorship requirements as of today. The only option I can see on the CIC/IRCC website is to Sponsor her for the PR and include Open Work Permit as part of that application. Is there any other way I can sponsor her and apply for her work permit, as her PR application is already in Progress?

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.

good news?
Nothing new there.

This is basically what IRCC said in that e-mail dating end of March 2021, when they announced that the infamous progress bar was being taken down

"Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Economic Class – Provincial/Territorial Nominees (EE) application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you."

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry. Let's put it this way.

I am trying to Sponsor her and apply for her Open Work Permit and I meet all the sponsorship requirements as of today. The only option I can see on the CIC/IRCC website is to Sponsor her for the PR and include Open Work Permit as part of that application. Is there any other way I can sponsor her and apply for her work permit, as her PR application is already in Progress?
If you have filed for spousal sponsorship and if the application has been passed in principle, you can apply for an OWP. IF not, then you cannot.

However, you can surely apply for a LMIA based WP.

Reactions: tarun1110

otqaz

May 23, 2021
Hey guys, I received my work permit three months ago and my security was passed for work permit. Now I have applied for PR, my question is will they again check the security in my case?

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Logged into GC-Key account, application status was updated and the thing which was changed was my medical. It was changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need a medical exam.' Not sure if they extended my medical or will ask me to redo them.
It just checked that I did my medicals on October 17, 2020 and since they are valid for 1 year my medicals will expire on October 17, 2021. Getting 'You do not need a medical exam' message now does not make any sense. What about you guys, did you also get this 'You do not need a medical exam' message before the expiry date of your medicals?

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello,

I just received my GCMS notes from CBSA (after 4 months) and the status is:
FSW-O
VO Paris
Eligibility: Not started - I only have a note from June regarding job (meet the requirements), POF, Meds and Passport
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress
Med: valid till 05. Nov.

There is another note from Central Intake Office where they say that I meet every requirement (I think is the 1st check before sending the app to VO)

GCMS are the short version (16 pages) and I don't know when is generated, I have a field "Application Assignment" and the due date is 04.July.2021.

Kenny George

Sep 7, 2021
Hi Guys, I would like to know whether any of the FSW - Outland candidates NOV 2020 AOR applicants from India started getting their COPR? Any tentative date to expect it??

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Label: Admin/Info-Sharing
Activity Type: Biographic
Partner: USA Activity ID
ID: xxxxxxx
Request Type: Biographic Request Response
Errors Returned - EC02 Application Error Processing Request

@legalfalcon I was going through my gcms notes Generated back in April and I noted this under info sharing. I was exempt from giving bio metrics. I don't know how I missed this. Should I be worried ? Anyone Else knows about this ?
Rest everything
Eligibility Passed
Criminality Passed
Info Sharing In Progress
Security Not Started