+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
why will you need to extend visitors stay?, is OWP application not given you implied status? I just need clarification on this matter, I am confused on it
From my research and understanding, No it does not.

Can sm1 tell me how can i get alert back for canadavisa forum? U know when u watch any post, it used to give little notifications on your profile logo.

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
From my research and understanding, No it does not.

Can sm1 tell me how can i get alert back for canadavisa forum? U know when u watch any post, it used to give little notifications on your profile logo.
I think it is safer and better to seek visitors extension, especially if you are still in status but for the benefit of all including myself, my research and knowledge is that
Provided application for OWP was done while you are still in status, this will give you implied status even when your visitor's status end. And no need for visitor's extension as you are covered by implied status. The danger is that if the OWP is decline, then you are stripped of the implied and then go out of status. To my understanding Visitor's record provide a shiel., So it is safer. The links below gives are my source of research. lol

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/implied-status-question-for-inland-application.356802/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2019-inland-spousal-sponsorship.662253/page-12#post-8435597

Reactions: strssincanada

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Any1 received owp approval today?

Also, how can I bring alert option back on as before? This new upgrade is confusing.
No, and in my obsession with the spreadsheet it looks like maybe they only do approvals like once a week because that seems to be how people are updating it - a bunch will get approved on the same day once a week. So maybe some Nov applicants start hearing this Friday or Saturday? My guess.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
I think it is safer and better to seek visitors extension, especially if you are still in status but for the benefit of all including myself, my research and knowledge is that
Provided application for OWP was done while you are still in status, this will give you implied status even when your visitor's status end. And no need for visitor's extension as you are covered by implied status. The danger is that if the OWP is decline, then you are stripped of the implied and then go out of status. To my understanding Visitor's record provide a shiel., So it is safer. The links below gives are my source of research. lol

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/implied-status-question-for-inland-application.356802/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2019-inland-spousal-sponsorship.662253/page-12#post-8435597
I guess you are right. My research boooo..lol..but ya its safer to apply for extension of visitor.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
No, and in my obsession with the spreadsheet it looks like maybe they only do approvals like once a week because that seems to be how people are updating it - a bunch will get approved on the same day once a week. So maybe some Nov applicants start hearing this Friday or Saturday? My guess.
Ya its always Fri and Sat, we get approval update. So watch out everyone for the email this week. Finger cross.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I guess you are right. My research boooo..lol..but ya its safer to apply for extension of visitor.
I am in the same position as yourself. My visitor's record will expire next month. I have a PR App in (received AOR), and an OWP App as well (linked to account and is currently in process).

I called IRCC about two weeks ago, explained the entire situation and the agent told me that I actually don't have to apply for a visitor's record extension because of my implied status. The agent did emphasize however that even if I get my OWP, that does not guarantee my re-entry into Canada if I leave the country before receiving permanent residence. There is always a risk in the case that your OWP is declined or returned of course. I have personally decided to go along with the recommendation of the IRCC agent.

Good Luck!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
I am in the same position as yourself. My visitor's record will expire next month. I have a PR App in (received AOR), and an OWP App as well (linked to account and is currently in process).

I called IRCC about two weeks ago, explained the entire situation and the agent told me that I actually don't have to apply for a visitor's record extension because of my implied status. The agent did emphasize however that even if I get my OWP, that does not guarantee my re-entry into Canada if I leave the country before receiving permanent residence. There is always a risk in the case that your OWP is declined or returned of course. I have personally decided to go along with the recommendation of the IRCC agent.

Good Luck!
At least your says in process..mine only says submitted under current status for OWP. And
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
That means they have not even review my eligibility yet..