+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
If it show DM on PR side, how do you know that it is a good thing? What if it is decline?

Same as DM on SA side, if it show DM does it mean approve?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
If it show DM on PR side, how do you know that it is a good thing? What if it is decline?

Same as DM on SA side, if it show DM does it mean approve?
DM on PR side after AIP and with no previous procedural fairness letter or request for more information means the DM is positive
DM for sponsor is the same thing, if they didn't request any information about the sponsor and if the sponsor got SA before DM then its positive
IRCC won't just disapprove someone without giving them a chance to explain and give more proofs, it's the law

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I pass medical and right now waiting on background check but my case was sent for further assessment, how come i didnt receive the AIP yet? It been 8 months now

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I pass medical and right now waiting on background check but my case was sent for further assessment, how come i didnt receive the AIP yet? It been 8 months now
AIP means they believe the relationship is genuine
You didn't receive AIP because they are further checking if the principal applicant meets the eligibility requirements or not, they are doubting the genuity of the relationship with your partner

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
How do you know if you get AIP, do they send you an email or letter?
I thought it might be useful to post how you are notified about the different stages, as I’ve seen this question a few times. Here are the notifications in this process:

PR/OWP appl. received: (by your mail tracking)
PR appl. linked: (on GCKey)
AOR received: (letter to PA)
OWP appl. linked: (on GCKey)
MR requested (by letter on GCKey)
MR passed (on GCKey)
OWPapproved: (on GCKey)
OWP arrived: (by Mail)
BGC started: (on GCKey)
Started processing app: (on ECAS)
[[ All Ghost updates (on GCKey) ]]
Eligibility started: (on GCKey)
PA Eligibility/AIP: (letter on GCKey)
Sponsor DM: (on ECAS- Sponsor side)
SA Letter: (by email to Sponsor)
PA~ DM: (on ECAS- Principal Applicant side)
Landing Letter: (by email to PA)
Landing Interview email: (by email to PA)
Interview Date and CoPR:
PR Card: (by mail)

This has been our experience during the process. In addition, my husband had two medical furtherance letters, but I didn’t include those as they aren’t the norm (these require extra medical tests, if the CIC Medical Panel has any concerns about the results).

Last edited:

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I thought it might be useful to post how you are notified about the different stages, as I’ve seen this question a few times. Here are the notifications in this process:

I’m assuming that if you havent linked your account that you will get an email instead of notification in GCKey