+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***November 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hey guys, i need help with my application which I am the sponsor and my wife is the applicant.

My SA say decision made however i did not get an email or letter stating what the decision is. It say that my app was starting to process on nov 9-2018.

For my wife the applicant, our timeline is
Oct 26 - received application for PR
Jan 28 - received medical
Feb 13 - received open work permit
May 27 - started processing application
May 27 - receive email for more information about proof of relationship
July 11 - cic sent application to etobicoke for further assessment

I submitted 30 page file regarding my proof of relationship which consist of our tax information, car insurance, phone bill, electricity bill, pension, purchase of condo, etc...

After I submitted all those information, they still sent my application to etobicoke. Should i be concern?
Is Etobicoke your local office?

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Ok then it is transferred because they have relationship concerns, expect delays
Keep collecting relationship evidences
How long is the normal wait time for this

What kind of evidences should i be collecting?
I already submitted majority of the things they asked me when i received the email for proof of relationship.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
How long is the normal wait time for this

What kind of evidences should i be collecting?
I already submitted majority of the things they asked me when i received the email for proof of relationship.
How long have you known your wife for before marriage?
Maybe submit more pictures of you and your wife doing activities together with family and friends, was everything that you submitted to them joint between you and your wife?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
The automated service says they are working on applications submitted in September 2018 so the average of the process now is 9 months and not 12
To all of those waiting, hang on you might get something very soon! Keep the hope :)

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
How long have you known your wife for before marriage?
Maybe submit more pictures of you and your wife doing activities together with family and friends, was everything that you submitted to them joint between you and your wife?
I known her for 5-6 months before we got marry.
Yes i submit joint bank account, joint credit card, joint electricity bill, our phone bill is different cause we have different provider but same address, added her name to my car insurance, her name is in my pension beneficiary, our t1 general tax paper

Should i submit more pictures through webform or wait until they send us for an interview

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I known her for 5-6 months before we got marry.
Yes i submit joint bank account, joint credit card, joint electricity bill, our phone bill is different cause we have different provider but same address, added her name to my car insurance, her name is in my pension beneficiary, our t1 general tax paper

Should i submit more pictures through webform or wait until they send us for an interview
Yeah 4-5 months before marriage is a short period to them and maybe that's why they aren't sure about the genuity of the relationship
Wait for them to ask you to submit more proofs or if they call you for an interview you can present new proofs
I hope everything goes well for you, stay hopeful

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Yeah 4-5 months before marriage is a short period to them and maybe that's why they aren't sure about the genuity of the relationship
Wait for them to ask you to submit more proofs or if they call you for an interview you can present new proofs
I hope everything goes well for you, stay hopeful
Thanks so much for your quick reply and help.
I know that someone called them and say my marriage isnt genuine.

My wife and i dont go out much with friends since we bought a condo so money is kind of tight.

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
My wife sin number expires july 31 however on the open work permit she got in feb say validity 2021/02/11.

Does she still need to renew the sin number

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Thanks so much for your quick reply and help.
I know that someone called them and say my marriage isnt genuine.

My wife and i dont go out much with friends since we bought a condo so money is kind of tight.
Yeah then that's probably why, but why would that someone do that?! That's not good

Then what about family? It doesn't have to be fancy dinners, it can be activities at home, parks, whatever you guys can afford, pictures of holidays and celebrations are good to show too