+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northeastern University Toronto

Alethia

Dec 3, 2019
Hi all, I’m planning to apply for Master Science in project management Northeastern University Toronto(US-based university having a satellite campus in Toronto). It is a two year programme and provide three years stay back as per the DLI list and is also mentioned in the same. But, In the IRCC website it has mentioned as below (foreign campuses don’t count). Has anyone studied/studying at Northeastern University Toronto and applied for PR. Could someone please clarify the same if Northeastern is a foreign campus or not. If I study there would I be able to claim points for Canadian PG studies

4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Hi all, I’m planning to apply for Master Science in project management Northeastern University Toronto(US-based university having a satellite campus in Toronto). It is a two year programme and provide three years stay back as per the DLI list and is also mentioned in the same. But, In the IRCC website it has mentioned as below (foreign campuses don’t count). Has anyone studied/studying at Northeastern University Toronto and applied for PR. Could someone please clarify the same if Northeastern is a foreign campus or not. If I study there would I be able to claim points for Canadian PG studies

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
I think what they mean is that " you shouldn't have studied from a Canadian University campus located the outside Canada).

But you can always email the college and ask because per my knowledge, if it is a DLI institution, you should be eligible

Reactions: Alethia

Alethia

Dec 3, 2019
I think what they mean is that " you shouldn't have studied from a Canadian University campus located the outside Canada).

But you can always email the college and ask because per my knowledge, if it is a DLI institution, you should be eligible
Thank you for replying.
I have enquired with the college. However they are not sure about it. They were mentioning that they might have to check with a immigration lawyer

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Northeastern University
You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete 1 of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria:

• Master of Science in Project Management
  • Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs
  • Master of Science in Cybersecurity
You are not eligible if you complete any other program at this institution.

Alethia

Dec 3, 2019
Northeastern University
You are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you complete 1 of the degrees below and you meet all other PGWP criteria:

• Master of Science in Project Management
  • Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs
  • Master of Science in Cybersecurity
You are not eligible if you complete any other program at this institution.
Thank you for the revert. But would we get points for studying there. I guess studying Masters at Canada would provide us some points while applying for PR.

parikshit123

Dec 20, 2019

Hi, have you applied for a study visa through Northeastern Toronto? I am also thinking to apply for this program.
Please guide if you have already applied for this program. Thanks

aniket101

Feb 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I see all are curious about Northeastern Univesity, Well I have got admission from the same university for MS in Project Management (Fall 2020).
It is a newly opened university in Canada and very less information is available on the Internet. But it is DLI approved university by the federal government, and accredited by PMI institution. I am not a consultant or an agent to talk in favor of or misguide you. I have already studied in Canada for two years and looking further to continue MS in PM (Construction Management Concentration).
and yes You can claim Points for PR and get a PGWP of 3 years.

if anyone would like to share information or want to connect with me to discuss more please email me on autade.a@husky.neu.edu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I see all are curious about Northeastern Univesity, Well I have got admission from the same university for MS in Project Management (Fall 2020).
It is a newly opened university in Canada and very less information is available on the Internet. But it is DLI approved university by the federal government, and accredited by PMI institution. I am not a consultant or an agent to talk in favor of or misguide you. I have already studied in Canada for two years and looking further to continue MS in PM (Construction Management Concentration).
and yes You can claim Points for PR and get a PGWP of 3 years.

if anyone would like to share information or want to connect with me to discuss more please email me on autade.a@husky.neu.edu
It’s a satellite campus for a US university. They likely rented a few lecture rooms somewhere or classes will be streamed.

Reactions: canada_study_2020

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I was looking into their programs a few months ago and my conclusion is this is a TOTAL SCAM. They don't have a campus, all they have is some rented space in a building downtown. No information available *anywhere* about professors, costs, etc. Basically all the details. I called them phone no. which led to the US Northeastern. They had no idea what I was referring to and said they would get back to me on the Toronto campus program. Never did.

They are just leeching off the Northeastern brand. My opinion is that it is a total waste of money, Proceed at your own peril.

Mar 9, 2020
It’s a satellite campus for a US university. They likely rented a few lecture rooms somewhere or classes will be streamed.
Yes it is remote/ satellite location at Toronto.

https://canadianimmigrant.ca/careers-and-education/international-students/the-complexities-of-the-post-graduate-work-permit-for-international-students

Alert for those who want full PGWP work permit successfully. Chances are; might be students will get only 1 year /2 year (who knows) work permit.
All because of 4 problems:
  1. Remote campus operated by US so online class or only 1 lecturer at spot!
  2. Lecture in the evening or online!
  3. No student advisory available at location. They are not keeping any Immigration adviser at spot because they know the weak point on work permit issue will happen and they try to say; we cant answer immigration question because we dont know the rules. they basically ignore the facts.
  4. Only 3 subjects per semester. 1 subject delivery is 100% planned online. other 2 subject will be in class (but in video lectures-stream from US). so less than 10 credit a semester, less than 10-15 hours in a semester.

CANADA GOVT. has issued already warning to students; those places who give many online lectures, you are in danger to get PGWP.
CANADA GOVT. has issued already warning to students; to study in any non-Canadian institution.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html#exceptions

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
Hi,
Is there anyone here who studies at Northeastern ?
Or got a study permit via this university?

sitheeq

Aug 9, 2015
Hi All,

I am trying to enroll to this university for MSc.in Project Management.

Could anyone advise reputation of this degree in Canada?

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
Hi All,

I am trying to enroll to this university for MSc.in Project Management.

Could anyone advise reputation of this degree in Canada?
This is a new university in Canada. it’s in Toronto since 2016, and 2020 it’s the first year they accept international students.