+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Northeastern University Toronto

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to enroll to this university for MSc.in Project Management.

Could anyone advise reputation of this degree in Canada?
Please aplly for another university if you want to remain in Canada. Stick to large public univerisities.

Adityaintouch

Apr 15, 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello @canuck78 and @jweekend. Thank you for the perspective, however as per canada's website., this college is a DLI and is eligible for PGWP for certain courses. What can practically go wrong if this college is approved, do you still think it has thin chances of providing PGWP and PR further.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list/northeastern-university.html
You may have difficulty finding employment or employers may discount your degree. Think that’s a pretty good reason.

Bhairav

Aug 20, 2020
You may have difficulty finding employment or employers may discount your degree. Think that’s a pretty good reason.
I am also admitted to NEU for MS In regulatory affairs. Yes there is a campus issue but as far as I connected with previously graduated students got very positive responses, it is absolutely fine with degree and job. They are well placed at good companies in Canada. And as per IRCC DLI list international student are eligible for such hybrid classes system from these courses.
This international location of NEU has started some year back so may have reputation problems but I got very good reviews.

Bhairav

Aug 20, 2020
Northeastern University is very well known in canada, many Canadians in their usa campus. Toronto campus is new no doubt, but the degree doesn't mention campus name i guess. And the people saying here bla bla are the one who ask for Canadian experience to immigrants.
Agree with you

Job is totally depends on your knowledge, skills, and aptitude. Your level of expertise is always going to attract employers. And I don't think with such reputed University tag one is going to feel issues in finding jobs and data also suggests that.
Go and research in LinkedIn for graduated students from this campus man.

Reactions: nightshadow

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Those who are saying a top 40 research us university's regional campus is a scam/degree mill without any proof.
Please enlighten me, which canadian public university/college isn't a scam for international students?
And also please tell me which university's degree will make it easier to find a job without canadaian experience and without referral in canada?
Atlast, if you have to denigrate some institution please add proof to support your claim or keep your views to yourself.
The Canada hater is back! One wonders why you still are pursuing Canadian education. You want some proof on Northeastern Toronto? Search it up on Google, just a rented floor in downtown Toronto. In fact, I have seen it in person as I was researching it as a potential option. Anyways if you want 3rd class focus from traveling professors and 0 value for networking/career events then it is a great degree.

• Haha
Reactions: Alamj and jigzyy

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hater is a strong word, please don't use it. I am just stating the obvious here.
Because i am limited by options thats why.
One thing i have noticed about canadian's when they go to usa with their canadian degree they expect every employer to recognize their degree without american experience and when someone with american degree in canada they ask for canadian experience and what not.
Atleast they have a space in downtown, most public colleges of canada are rented in garage.
Anyway, the regional campus concept of Neu is not new, they have some in usa too like Seattle (you might want to check on LinkedIn where the alumni are working of that campus and which companies come for recruitment) and of other campuses too.
And if you think people go to canada to get education then you are wrong, they go because of PR. everyone studies from YouTube and other websites.
Again, how do you know there aren't any professors in that campus? Please share your proof.
Just my observation, brother. Every comment you make stenches of resentment. I could type a lot but I won't. How do I know they're traveling? Search the professors up on LinkedIn, you can see they are based in the United States. According to a phone call, I was told sometimes they would teach from the US and sometimes they would travel. Anyways, doesn't matter what I say here, your loathing is clear for all to see

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Northeastern in a great university in the US. If you got a Northeastern degree from Boston then I think everyone would respect that degree. But, getting into the Toronto campus raises the question, why come to Canada to get a franchise diploma? That's my viewpoint anyways and the reviews online would support my point but do as you feel. Still better than most PGD and Certificates around probably

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Lol have you seen the NEU campus in Toronto. A MacDonald's restaurant look more like a university campus than the NEU "campus"

Jan 8, 2020
Hi All,

Is there anybody who has received the admission in MSC in Project Management from Northeastern University, Toronto, I got it today for Winter 2021 session.

Jan 8, 2020
I am also admitted to NEU for MS In regulatory affairs. Yes there is a campus issue but as far as I connected with previously graduated students got very positive responses, it is absolutely fine with degree and job. They are well placed at good companies in Canada. And as per IRCC DLI list international student are eligible for such hybrid classes system from these courses.
This international location of NEU has started some year back so may have reputation problems but I got very good reviews.
Hi Bhairav, can you please reply to this thread, I got the offer letter from NEU for Jan 2021 Intake for MSC in Project Management, please share if you have got the 3 years PGWP and do they really small campus in Toronto, classes are online or students have classes their itself.

niloosi

Mar 20, 2020
Hi Bhairav, can you please reply to this thread, I got the offer letter from NEU for Jan 2021 Intake for MSC in Project Management, please share if you have got the 3 years PGWP and do they really small campus in Toronto, classes are online or students have classes their itself.
I know that the campus is just an office on the 46th floor of a building with no facilities

Reactions: Taimoor rana