+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Msafiri said:
Calgary CIC is understaffed for the caseload it handles...the city is experiencing significant growth levels courtesy of oil. These growth services are stretching service levels across all sectors.
Msafiri,
Would you think if it's worth to attempt to change (improve) this situation ? or we just have to live with it.
Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlexRox said:
Msafiri,
Would you think if it's worth to attempt to change (improve) this situation ? or we just have to live with it.
Thanks
Sure the petition route is one way and so is writing to your MP. As part of the Discover Canada studies you will note the MP represents all those residing in their electoral area. You will likely get a response that action is being taken to improve processing times including bill C-24 receiving Royal Assent. Add this too that AB is tory heartland and immigration/citizenship is not a vote winner given the significant TFW numbers here.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Is there a list of the average processing times by local office? I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be an internal CIC list at the very least.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
Is there a list of the average processing times by local office? I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be an internal CIC list at the very least.
CIC has moved towards less transparency and issues as I recall regional processing streams but on a 'processed x % of applications' in y months. Its obvious to note though from posted timelines in this and other forums that GTA offices are super fast, Montreal/QB speeding up, Vancouver/BC improving, Prairies/Atlantic Canada slow. Not all Local CIC's on this forum have enough active applicants though so an oddity may skew the apparent timeline profile.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Msafiri said:
Sure the petition route is one way and so is writing to your MP. As part of the Discover Canada studies you will note the MP represents all those residing in their electoral area. You will likely get a response that action is being taken to improve processing times including bill C-24 receiving Royal Assent. Add this too that AB is tory heartland and immigration/citizenship is not a vote winner given the significant TFW numbers here.
Lets go for petition. What do you guys say?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
AlexRox said:
How about a petition(Change.org or something else) to all the Hon. MPs in Calgary area and the Hon. Minister ?
Very good idea ! We will keep suffering until we resist and make a collective, organized effort .Lets try by starting a petition , writing to our MPs etc.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
Quick update. Just came back from ceremony.

It was an hour long, mostly because they called everyone by name in front to give the certificate.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in writing to you guys.

I had my citizenship exam a few days ago.

It was a pretty smooth process for me.

The Office called me up and asked me to show her the invitation letter, PR Card and Drivers License and that's it.
I wasn't even asked to present my COPR. I had even lost it. Lucky Me, she never bothered to ask.

She asked me if I was at the same address and same job.

Then she asked me for my passports and very carefully went thru every page to match the stamps that were mentioned on my CIT application.

She found every entry and exit stamp except for when I came back from the States and Mexico back to Canada, there were no entry stamps.

So she said there's a very easy fix, when I signed my CIT application, I also checked and authorized CBSa to share my reports with them.
The office said she would do a check with them and rest all seems fine.

She sent me in for the exam.

After the Exam, it was the same officer who gave me my score (20/20) and I asked her, if the CBSA thing will cause any delay and she said not at all, weve been getting a few of these reports lately and it maybe takes only 2-3 days for them to verify with CBSA.

As simple as that.

The whole thing took about an hour. The exam took me exactly 4 minutes. The oath call, according to them is expected between a month and 3 months.

:) Good luck to all.

Can anyone tell me, do we need the original COPR at the time of the oath? I heard we have to surrender our COPR and our PR card?
If I dont have the COPR then what? I know it takes about 6 months to order a copy of it from immigration.

Please advice.

Thanks

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
yycdxb said:
Hi Guys,

The Office called me up and asked me to show her the invitation letter, PR Card and Drivers License and that's it.
I wasn't even asked to present my COPR. I had even lost it. Lucky Me, she never bothered to ask.

Then she asked me for my passports and very carefully went thru every page to match the stamps that were mentioned on my CIT application.

She found every entry and exit stamp except for when I came back from the States and Mexico back to Canada, there were no entry stamps.

So she said there's a very easy fix, when I signed my CIT application, I also checked and authorized CBSa to share my reports with them.

After the Exam, it was the same officer who gave me my score (20/20) and I asked her, if the CBSA thing will cause any delay and she said not at all, weve been getting a few of these reports lately and it maybe takes only 2-3 days for them to verify with CBSA.

As simple as that.

The whole thing took about an hour. The exam took me exactly 4 minutes. The oath call, according to them is expected between a month and 3 months.

Can anyone tell me, do we need the original COPR at the time of the oath? I heard we have to surrender our COPR and our PR card?
If I dont have the COPR then what? I know it takes about 6 months to order a copy of it from immigration.

Please advice.

Thanks
Thank you for the details! very helpful! Congratulations and I am glad that everything went well with you!
Did you have any stamps on your passport that are not in English/French?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dineshabe said:
Quick update. Just came back from ceremony.

It was an hour long, mostly because they called everyone by name in front to give the certificate.
Congratulations.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
yycdxb said:
Hi Guys,

As simple as that.

Please advice.

Thanks

Hi Congrats !!

No we dont need our COPR. i lost mine but had copies of it. The officer during the exam told me that we would need that when we have to apply for CPP. So i applied for VOS and got that in 1-2 weeks.

During oath they took my PR card. when u get the letter asking u to come to oath there will be a second paper where u consent to be recorded by media blah blah. they will take that paper as well.

Hope that helps.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Guys

Can anyone tell me that if you have entry and exit stamp of UAE which is partly in Arabic, needs to be translated too? As I see it, half of this stamp is in English and other half is in Arabic. Please advise.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
shozee said:
Guys

Can anyone tell me that if you have entry and exit stamp of UAE which is partly in Arabic, needs to be translated too? As I see it, half of this stamp is in English and other half is in Arabic. Please advise.
my wife had several stamps from the UAE and Qatar which were in arabic and english she did not need to translate anything